Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Infinite Jost » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am

deadbass wrote:I did NOT enjoy the Killer Croc or Scarecrow parts.

Killer Croc level was the worst part but what the he'll the scarecrow levels were amazing
blues wrote:anyway....did you cut your dick off?
Infinite Jost

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 am

Kenny wrote:Played through Night In The Woods. I liked it a lot! The Big Mystery was a lil whatever but I liked inhabiting the world and feel like people are having similar feelings to me and it was pretty

Woah , i didn't realize one of the guys who made this was one of Derek Yu's old freeware games buddies
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby oh! it's max! » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:55 am

Marcus wrote:

man, just...

hell yes

this is sick
seriously.
oh! it's max!

Postby internetfriend » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:55 am

more than that, he made aquaria with derek!
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm

frick u naysayers this looks bad and jank as hell

i thought this was gonna be a slow month, but trawling era, realized there's a billion strategy expansions between total warhammer 2, ck2, battletech, and battle brothers, and thea 2 early access (!) + mutant year zero
broodstar

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 pm

I am sort of miffed they aren't allowing you to switch your backing to a console version not even for an extra fee. They just want you to buy it again

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Infinite Jost wrote:
deadbass wrote:I did NOT enjoy the Killer Croc or Scarecrow parts.

Killer Croc level was the worst part but what the he'll the scarecrow levels were amazing

It's probably a symptom of that sort of "distorted reality" thing becoming more of a part of single-player games after Arkham Asylum. I didn't find it that tedious, but the first two of the three didn't seem to have any interactions with Scarecrow before/after they happen. They seemed very much slotted in. I think if I were to unpack my declaration, I would say I actively disliked the Killer Croc part, but felt nothing about the Scarecrow part.

It's funny, I just beat Spider-man before playing this and it's craaaaazy how much they cribbed from Batman. Spider-man basically has the same moveset, they have the same "throw in all the villains serving one villain" thing. It even begins with you beating your rival and then shit going crazy. Scorpion sections are exactly like the Scarecrow sections... The combat is extremely similar. I would say the stealth in Asylum is honestly better than Spider-man, even though I didn't loooove either of them. (My favourite I did to cheese the stealth in Batman was to use the batclaw on enemies and pull them over railings onto the ground). For all the praise that people heap on Asylum's story, it doesn't actually have much (lots of cool lore though). Spider-man's story was a slow build for me, but it did win me over in the end.
deadbass

Postby gradient » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm

broodstar wrote:frick u naysayers this looks bad and jank as hell

i really want this to be good but holy shit what i've seen looks bad
gradient
ride.

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Pretty soon we are all going to be saying "This is the Underworld Ascendant of this videogame genre"

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Marcus wrote:

man, just...

hell yes

holy shit
bluemovers

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:Played through Night In The Woods. I liked it a lot! The Big Mystery was a lil whatever but I liked inhabiting the world and feel like people are having similar feelings to me and it was pretty

Woah , i didn't realize one of the guys who made this was one of Derek Yu's old freeware games buddies

See the thing I didn't like about the big mystery was that I felt like the it undercut the elements of mental health that Mae was battling with throughout the game and sort of put a bow on things in a weird, unpleasant way. I liked the game quite a bit all the same.
deadbass

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm

currently preloading BFV 2 weeks in advance :)

EA/Dice have done a pretty good job in turning around the marketing vibes in their extra month after the nerd rage about the initial trailer
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby broodstar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm

https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-a-feature ... expansion/

By starting a new game with a ‘shattered world’, you’ll experience a more balanced version of Crusader Kings 2, where all the big kingdoms and empires have been broken apart. Everyone starts out as either a count or a duke. Its customisable, too, so you can choose whether you want to play a more historical version or make balance the priority.
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm

wizard game

they just blasted a bunch of keys out

check ur inboxes B-)
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby trouble » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:54 pm

bluemovers wrote:
Marcus wrote:

man, just...

hell yes

holy shit

this looks rad
trouble
ride.

Postby trouble » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 pm

if Medievil can get a remake then Sega should go ahead and make one for Clockwork Knight. Sheesh.
trouble
ride.

Postby trouble » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm

bring back bonanza bros too, now that's a game
trouble
ride.

Postby broodstar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 pm

that indubitably looks sick but reading reviews of the first one make it sound very barebones on 'gameplay'
broodstar

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 pm

I feel like Hylics is making me extremely nostalgic for a very specific aesthetic that was prevalent in the mid 90s but I can’t for the life of me recall specific examples to reference
Bad Craziness

Postby nite69 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 pm

reminds me of abes odyssey & another world, especially the palette of another world
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:34 am

Bad Craziness wrote:I feel like Hylics is making me extremely nostalgic for a very specific aesthetic that was prevalent in the mid 90s but I can’t for the life of me recall specific examples to reference

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicsOfGame
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Esteban » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 am

Def gives me Aeon Flux/Reign The Conqueror era vibes
Esteban

Postby Mr. Cool Wave » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 am

Have any cool couch-coop games come out in the last year or two? Cuphead, maybe?
Mr. Cool Wave

Postby broodstar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 am

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity 2 sold like shit. (~110,000 sales)

...ouch. guess you were right. kinda feel like i should open up the wallet considering their dlc support is said to be really good, but i also have a host of other (non-media) priorities. somehow even kingmaker is selling like hotcakes in comparison

anyway, i started up exapunks, the new zachtronics game, as a sidegame for my laptop, and it's actually kinda brill? it's a hacking simulation, but basically boils down to optimizing code with a made up language. i'm not sure who would enjoy it, considering that unlike magnum opus, this game does demand some basic programming knowledge and i only know is codes. but it's a really fun (and 2 dum ass me, friggin hard) brain teaser that would probably actually improve yr skills. honestly, contender for one of the best games. and makes me wonder how u go about making games that test yr ability to make games.

although inevitably i will run into something that i will just not be able to figure out and quit
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 am

also this: https://www.pcgamer.com/ive-somehow-bee ... hole-life/

reminded me of this:
john plainman wrote:you will find this insane, but i WASD with my pinky on A, ring finger on W, and middle finger on D, so my index finger slides down to C from F

i recently learned that most(?) people use their middle finger on W

fuggin freaks
broodstar

Postby blues » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 am

Bad Craziness wrote:I feel like Hylics is making me extremely nostalgic for a very specific aesthetic that was prevalent in the mid 90s but I can’t for the life of me recall specific examples to reference

blues

Postby internethandle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 am

xxx-xxx-xxxx wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicsOfGame

god the newest one

internethandle
ok

Postby pablito » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 am

1-bit mac games and the neverhood and especially eastern mind
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 am

Captain Blood and French video games in general
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Milk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:55 pm

could be my shit

"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....