Elon Musk

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Jsn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 am

Im very on the fence about elon

Pros:
Names car co after daffiest inventor oat (da vinci #2)
Seems to want to do good during crisis
Weird AF

Cons:
Says he believes we will travel to mars which is impossible
Heavily subsidized
Tweet game

Jsn

Postby Jsn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 am

my piano wrote:what kind of weird experimental nootropics/stimulants do you think he's on

Nzt

Jsn

Postby tricksforchips » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:29 am

Jsn wrote:Seems to want to make money during crisis

Fixed that.

tricksforchips

Postby Durham » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:44 am

Feech La Manna wrote:good lord

Twitter Jack retweeted this
Love crossovers

Durham

Postby delgriffith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 am

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-tesla-life-inside-gigafactory/

At about 10 o’clock on Saturday evening, an angry Musk was examining one of the production line’s mechanized modules, trying to figure out what was wrong, when the young, excited engineer was brought over to assist him.

“Hey, buddy, this doesn’t work!” Musk shouted at the engineer, according to someone who heard the conversation. “Did you do this?”

The engineer was taken aback. He had never met Musk before. Musk didn’t even know the engineer’s name. The young man wasn’t certain what, exactly, Musk was asking him, or why he sounded so angry.

“You mean, program the robot?” the engineer said. “Or design that tool?”

“Did you fucking do this?” Musk asked him.

“I’m not sure what you’re referring to?” the engineer replied apologetically.

“You’re a fucking idiot!” Musk shouted back. “Get the fuck out and don’t come back!”

The young engineer climbed over a low safety barrier and walked away. He was bewildered by what had just happened. The entire conversation had lasted less than a minute. A few moments later, his manager came over to say that he had been fired on Musk’s orders, according to two people with knowledge of the situation. The engineer was shocked. He’d been working so hard. He was set to get a review from his manager the next week, and had been hearing only positive things. Instead, two days later, he signed his separation papers.

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:55 am

Lots of good stuff in there, although it's Wired so the end result still feels like "this is the price we must pay for genius!"

Elon sucks and some of the ways he sucks are very similar to the ways in which Trump sucks. Fuck him and fuck his stupid companies.

delgriffith

Postby Post Modern » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:56 am

delgriffith wrote:https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-tesla-life-inside-gigafactory/

At about 10 o’clock on Saturday evening, an angry Musk was examining one of the production line’s mechanized modules, trying to figure out what was wrong, when the young, excited engineer was brought over to assist him.

“Hey, buddy, this doesn’t work!” Musk shouted at the engineer, according to someone who heard the conversation. “Did you do this?”

The engineer was taken aback. He had never met Musk before. Musk didn’t even know the engineer’s name. The young man wasn’t certain what, exactly, Musk was asking him, or why he sounded so angry.

“You mean, program the robot?” the engineer said. “Or design that tool?”

“Did you fucking do this?” Musk asked him.

“I’m not sure what you’re referring to?” the engineer replied apologetically.

“You’re a fucking idiot!” Musk shouted back. “Get the fuck out and don’t come back!”

The young engineer climbed over a low safety barrier and walked away. He was bewildered by what had just happened. The entire conversation had lasted less than a minute. A few moments later, his manager came over to say that he had been fired on Musk’s orders, according to two people with knowledge of the situation. The engineer was shocked. He’d been working so hard. He was set to get a review from his manager the next week, and had been hearing only positive things. Instead, two days later, he signed his separation papers.

Post Modern

Postby Eyeball Kid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:58 am

Every time I open this page I have to quickly scroll past his repulsive lumpy potato face

Eyeball Kid

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 am

delgriffith wrote:Lots of good stuff in there, although it's Wired so the end result still feels like "this is the price we must pay for genius!"

Elon sucks and some of the ways he sucks are very similar to the ways in which Trump sucks. Fuck him and fuck his stupid companies.

With no actual evidence of his genius outside of his fucked up cult of personality
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:14 am

I see the anime avs are already out there with hundreds of variations of "this.is.what.genius.looks.like"

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 am

jesus christ

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 am

this is me

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby delgriffith » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am

https://la.curbed.com/2018/12/18/18147366/elon-musk-tunnel-tesla-test-opening-grimes

Outside a low-slung industrial building near Hawthorne Municipal Airport, a Tesla Model X navigates into a parking lot and onto a large steel platform. In about 30 seconds, the car is lowered underground, the entrance of a small glowing tunnel rising like a planet over the electric SUV’s navigation system.

The driver accelerates into the narrow tunnel, and the vehicle reaches a top speed of 44 mph. The experience is bumpy and jarring, like four-wheeling in a Jeep on a gravel road.

“That bumpiness will definitely not be there down the road—it will be smooth as glass,” Elon Musk said Tuesday evening, saying the team ran out of time. “We had some issues with the paving machine not paving smoothly.”

The endless grift continues.

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 am

In which Musk says he doesn't believe "induced demand" is a thing.

delgriffith

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 am

he's test opening grimes??????
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby BlackSugar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:27 am

that's one hell of a url

also elon better watch his back...

The Boring Company, a transportation company owned by the Tesla and SpaceX founder, opened its 6,000-foot tunnel in Hawthorne to the public tonight with a splashy reception for celebrities like Grimes, Jared Leto, and Kendrick Lamar, along with donors and a bevy of journalists.

BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby tricksforchips » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am

Cool hole you dug elon!

tricksforchips

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:35 am

tfw paving technology can't keep pace with your genius

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Slamwich Artist » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:37 am

“I really think this is incredibly profound, and I hope that I’m coming across”
Haaaaa. The got me. I didn't know it was on Satire! Got it. Peeps got jokes. It's cool!

Slamwich Artist

Postby NegativeCapability » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 am

Jared Leto could probably convince Elon that he's Christ.
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

Location: I'm a nobody. You understand? And you can't kill a person with no body.

Postby brent » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 am

timely bump, my dad emailed me this morning
Subject: Elon Musk and Gayle King test drive his new Boring Company tunnel
This is really neat at

he loves elon, which i assume is par for the course with Tech Dads

brent

Postby southpaw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am

I wish she would've asked what happens when more than one car is in there?

The 'life is 3d why are roads 2d' made me lol

southpaw

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:57 am

he is not very smart
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:02 am

delgriffith wrote:https://la.curbed.com/2018/12/18/18147366/elon-musk-tunnel-tesla-test-opening-grimes

Outside a low-slung industrial building near Hawthorne Municipal Airport, a Tesla Model X navigates into a parking lot and onto a large steel platform. In about 30 seconds, the car is lowered underground, the entrance of a small glowing tunnel rising like a planet over the electric SUV’s navigation system.

The driver accelerates into the narrow tunnel, and the vehicle reaches a top speed of 44 mph. The experience is bumpy and jarring, like four-wheeling in a Jeep on a gravel road.

“That bumpiness will definitely not be there down the road—it will be smooth as glass,” Elon Musk said Tuesday evening, saying the team ran out of time. “We had some issues with the paving machine not paving smoothly.”

”You say you need some smoothing down there?”
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby goldmatt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:21 pm

southpaw wrote:
The 'life is 3d why are roads 2d' made me lol

This reminded me a lot of that one will.i.am. video.

goldmatt

Postby Big Oil » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:10 pm

NegativeCapability wrote:Jared Leto could probably convince Elon that he's Christ.

the ambiguity at the end of this sentence is really doing it for me.

Big Oil

Postby acidity regulator » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm

no one was talking about tunnels until this guy came around gimme a brake
ImageImageImage

acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Durham » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 pm

6,000 feet
that's wild

Durham

Postby grace cathedral park » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 pm

It’s very cool Southern California is spending millions and millions of dollars to make an even shittier manifestation of Angel’s Flight
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby galactagogue » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 pm

mcwop23 wrote:
delgriffith wrote:https://la.curbed.com/2018/12/18/18147366/elon-musk-tunnel-tesla-test-opening-grimes

”You say you need some smoothing down there?”

i've never been more instantly creeped out by a photograph in my life. especially because i go to DD all the time :(
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley