Quality Beer Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby wyatt » Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm

are they regular plain kegs or budweiser kegs? I know lots of smaller brewers around here use those black and red plastic looking kegs. I have a keg in my closet that has AB branded all over it. I am assuming if miller filled it with beer they would be mad.
wyatt

Postby Birds vs Worms » Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm

thanks darger, got this in the mail today

Birds vs Worms

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

lost coast indica ipa is great
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby sleigh » Mon May 07, 2012 6:47 pm

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:bought a six pack of founders red's rye pa, it rules

i
fucking
love
this
shit
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby wyatt » Mon May 07, 2012 7:52 pm

i am taking a study break, drinking coffee and reading the beer thread and started thinking. i love coffee stouts and i was under the impression that they brewed with coffee beans to get the coffee flavors. i watched a video goose island made about bourbon country coffee, an amazing beer, and i am pretty sure they said that they just made regular or a slight variation of bourbon country and added coffee to the beer and bottled it.

my favorite kind of coffee is a cold extracted coffee concentrate called cool brew. it is made in new orleans and sold in bottles that allow you to measure out one shot at a time. basically you just pour a shot or two into a cup add milk or water and drink it. its great. it would also be perfect to add to beer because it is a concentrate and is cold. i was wondering if anyone else has every tried this before? i am planning on getting some stone IRS soon and i am planning to try it out.
wyatt

Postby evil olive » Mon May 07, 2012 8:03 pm

when i made a breakfast/ coffee stout at home that is how i got the coffee flavour in there. Cold brewed coffee and added it to the keg after fermentation was finished. It was delicious.

I was under the imprression, like you, that most pro brewers used beans in the boil.

Anyway I don't see why you couldn't just add coffee extract or cold brewed to your beer but it does take some time for the cold brewed to mix in and integrate with the stout. Its a balance though because that coffee flavour does fade.
listen,

evil olive

Postby Kuboaa » Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 pm

finally found some Palate Wrecker and it's awesome as advertised

Kuboaa

Postby jumpcut » Wed May 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Augen wrote:This will be even more amazing if they add more breweries. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Just got my delivery from Let's Pour. Ordered on 4.27, it shipped on 5.2 [UPS Ground]. All the beer is fresh and well-packed.

Label on box says "Do not deliver to an intoxicated person"

Will definitely order from them again

jumpcut

Postby sevenarts » Wed May 09, 2012 1:57 pm

jumpcut wrote:Just got my delivery. Ordered on 4.27, it shipped on 5.2 [UPS Ground]. All the beer is fresh and well-packed.

Got mine today too, also laughed at that line, especially since I got it delivered to my job. I'll definitely order from them again.

sevenarts

Postby bongo » Wed May 09, 2012 1:57 pm

nice

mines out for delivery today too, gonna drink some mongo ipa tonight
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby vhg » Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Kuboaa wrote:
darger wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:I'm gonna be in Chicago tonight through Sat morning. Am I going to have any luck finding Zombie Dust?

looks like it but i would definitely call ahead:

http://www.beermenus.com/beers/three-floyds-zombie-dust?order=recent

my local store just ran out, but had it stocked for quite awhile, so if you call ahead to a couple Binny's or maybe an Armanetti I'm sure you can find some

not only did I drink some at Hopleaf, but we stopped at Three Floyds on the drive in and I bought a case for $35 (!!!)

It is so fucking good
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
vhg

Postby The Priest » Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm

was at the grocery store and had limited options but I must say that Blue Moon's Pale Belgian Ale is absolute garbage.
Thank you for reading my posts ❤️

The Priest

Postby wyatt » Wed May 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Erik Bonin' wrote:was at the grocery store and had limited options but I must say that Blue Moon's Pale Belgian Ale is absolute garbage.

yeah. one of my room mates loves blue moon and most of the blue moon seasonals and even he hated this one.
wyatt

Postby the scofflaw » Wed May 09, 2012 2:04 pm

pissydan wrote:http://lautering.com/2012/05/07/read-an ... tennessee/

Having a calm Monday? You won’t be after you read about how a Budweiser distributor in Tennessee is bullying a small-time brewer.

The war for tap space has been going for a long time, but Calfkiller Breweing Company is being attacked on a whole new level. From the brewery:

Grab your Kool aid kids and take a seat. Here’s the story of Calfkiller Brewing Company, and Budweiser of TN.
Once upon a time there was this little guy (Calfkiller Brewing Company). A very honest hard working little guy with a dream to make great beer that folks could enjoy. After many years of hard work this dream became reality. Slowly but surely the little guy was rubbing shoulders with the big guys in the market place. All was well…….or so they thought.

So what happened that was so outrageous? Well:

Over the years the little guy has purchased used kegs from all across the country. A few examples would be unclaimed freight auctions, breweries that have closed, or keg companies that sell new, used, and refurbished kegs. Anyone can purchase these, and Calfkiller has done it as well. Everything from website sales to store fronts in public with huge signs by the road for everyone to see. LEGIT businesses! So Calfkiller has been using kegs like these from day one.
Smooth sailing and all has seemed well…..until about a month ago! That’s when the “Budweiser keg police” began trying to strong arm the little guy. Now no one is sure really why. Maybe they simply want the entire market. Maybe they simply don’t like the little guys. Maybe they got their first quarter reports for 2012, and noticed the little guy had taken a piece of their pie. The only thing the little guy knows for sure is the truth isn’t in them so it does no good to ask questions at Budweiser in TN.
So the big monopoly Budweiser has started walking in to accounts, and simply taking the little guys kegs! FLIRTING WITH SLANDER they have told business owners that Calfkiller had stole the kegs.

There’s not much Calfkiller can do, and even less that we can do. But we can share it, spread the word, and turn this into a PR disaster for Budweiser. A major multi-national corporation is bullying a locally-owned small business because they make better beer.

this sucks. calfkiller makes some really awesome brews. i can't imagine they're even having an effect on a company like budweiser, though.
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.

the scofflaw

Postby The Priest » Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm

had lunch with some people that liked leinenkugel's summer shandy :~

The Priest

Postby wyatt » Wed May 09, 2012 2:11 pm

jumpcut wrote:
Augen wrote:This will be even more amazing if they add more breweries. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Just got my delivery from Let's Pour. Ordered on 4.27, it shipped on 5.2 [UPS Ground]. All the beer is fresh and well-packed.

How were they packed? I ordered 12 and they used a 12 bottle wine shipper. Did they use a wine shipper for you or bubble wrap?
wyatt

Postby darger » Wed May 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Erik Bonin' wrote:had lunch with some people that liked leinenkugel's summer shandy :~

oh man.

darger
ok

Postby Viola Swamp » Wed May 09, 2012 2:22 pm

some people just need their beer to have that shit towne taste

Viola Swamp

Postby jumpcut » Wed May 09, 2012 2:49 pm

wyatt wrote:
jumpcut wrote:

How were they packed? I ordered 12 and they used a 12 bottle wine shipper. Did they use a wine shipper for you or bubble wrap?

Wine shipper for my box of six

They must get an incredible discount on shipping, Most other places charge $25-$35 for similar weight/distance

jumpcut

Postby Primary » Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm

sleigh the jury wrote:
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:bought a six pack of founders red's rye pa, it rules

i
fucking
love
this
shit

yeah

Primary

Postby wyatt » Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm

jumpcut wrote:They must get an incredible discount on shipping, Most other places charge $25-$35 for similar weight/distance

Their prices are a little high to help cushion the shipping cost, but I am sure they must get some shipping discount. They might also get a discount on the beer by buying in such large quantities. Who knows though. I am very happy with their service.

Planning on ordering again when I get anything more than $5 off on the "spin the wheel" game.
wyatt

Postby The Priest » Wed May 09, 2012 5:24 pm

bankhead wrote:some people just need their beer to have that shit towne taste

to clarify - and to suspension bridge's point - these were people from boston

The Priest

Postby Viola Swamp » Wed May 09, 2012 5:28 pm

exactly

Viola Swamp

Postby bongo » Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

really into this port mongo ipa

once again to echo others letspour is solid
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby captain » Wed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm

i'm obsessed with deschutes green lakes amber ale
ive been thinkin about my life lately and in short im goin A-WALL

captain

Postby Birds vs Worms » Wed May 09, 2012 5:58 pm

currently drinking this, i wish i could drink this all summer long

Birds vs Worms

Postby brent » Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm

usps legalized shipping alcohol didn't they, as long as you are authorized to sell? that should lower shipping prices of places like letspour/french44/beerjobber...

brent

Postby wyatt » Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 pm

brent wrote:usps legalized shipping alcohol didn't they, as long as you are authorized to sell? that should lower shipping prices of places like letspour/french44/beerjobber...

not sure this is official yet. i know it passed but i think it has yet to be implemented.
wyatt

Postby Kuboaa » Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm

went to Binny's to get some Sixpoint Resin and they were sold out, got some Bengali Tiger instead, it's aight

Kuboaa

Postby honkduh » Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Th stout sampler pack on letspour for $52.00 is pretty good.

honkduh

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley