Quality Beer Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby schmuck » Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 pm

just put in an order at let's pour. thanks for the heads up. got a $10 off code. picked up 2 Damnations, 2 HUB IPA's and 2 Upright Six for $50.

schmuck

Postby Dear You » Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 pm

I hate you jerks that can order beer online.
they/them

Dear You

Postby brent » Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm

i haven't even taken advantage of it yet...but i will probably order a bunch of surly sometime this summer.

is the russian river brewpub an exceptionally cool place to visit? i was planning for weeks on stopping by but now at the last minute i'm thinking about saying fuck it because it will be about 2 hours out of the way.

brent

Postby sky cracks open » Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 pm

I told my parents to stop by Russian River when they were in California a few years ago. They grabbed me a couple of sours. I guess they didn't really have anything rare at the moment, I think it was just Supplication and Temptation, but I would never turn either of those beers down.

But yeah, I'm a bit jealous that my parents went to my favorite brewery and I haven't.

sky cracks open

Postby Zurich » Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 pm

yo new yorkers, a really cool, small beer bar just opened in the East Village on St. Mark's between 1st Ave. and Ave. A. It's called Proletariat and it's in the back of a bakery called Jane's Sweet Buns. They specialize in "new and weird beers."

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4652-proletariat

I had the Mikkeler/Stillwater Our Side when I was in there last weekend and it was pretty good. Could definitely see it being a go-to spot on that side of town.

Zurich

Postby brent » Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

i don't think they do tours and probably won't have anything super rare at the brewery and most people say you can get all their beers for cheaper outside of the brewpub, and the food looks typical boring brewpub fare

it's basically i either do that or go to point reyes, and point reyes looks pretty awesome. might depend on the weather.

brent

Postby sky cracks open » Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 pm

brent wrote:i don't think they do tours and probably won't have anything super rare at the brewery and most people say you can get all their beers for cheaper outside of the brewpub, and the food looks typical boring brewpub fare

Yeah, a lot of the rare ones never make it out of the brewpub though. Sometimes when they release something rare, people line up outside before opening and it sells out pretty quickly.

I know they released another batch of Beatification at the brewpub recently, and I think it disappeared fast.

sky cracks open

Postby Contristo » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 pm

the captain lawrence event at blind tiger just solidified they're my favorite east coast brewery.
capt's reserve was already my favorite east coast ipa (second overall to pliny), but i was just amazed by the golden delicious (tripel aged in apple brandy barrels), golden sour, and the xtra gold. i need to make it to their brewery before i move in sept

Contristo

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 am

yeah they've been far and away my favorite east coast brewery since i tried cuvee de castleton batch 1 (the best wild beer america's produced, still)

their tiger event last year was bonkers

Zurich wrote:yo new yorkers, a really cool, small beer bar just opened in the East Village on St. Mark's between 1st Ave. and Ave. A. It's called Proletariat and it's in the back of a bakery called Jane's Sweet Buns. They specialize in "new and weird beers."

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4652-proletariat

I had the Mikkeler/Stillwater Our Side when I was in there last weekend and it was pretty good. Could definitely see it being a go-to spot on that side of town.

this place looks perfect, like beer table in alphabet city

i'll have to hit it up after luke's lobster rolls on my next visit

Viola Swamp

Postby schmuck » Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 am

I believe RR still has beatification in bottles. A guy from another forum was there last week and said they had another pallet of it. Alao their wrbsite is updated daily and they are still listed as available. I was there in October and thought it was a cool place. They usually have some 1 off things like a new experimental ipa on tap. Food was ok, nothing to write home about. I was there on a Sunday and they were releasing more bottles of frambroise for a cure but I got to try a bunch of other beers I would otherwise never been able to try like defenestration and perdition

schmuck

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Beer junction, a store here in Seattle, is probably my new favorite place to drink. They put in a bar in a new location and have 16 taps. Just started offering sample trays. 4x 4 oz pours or 8 x 4 oz pours and their taps are consistently amazing.

Some shit i had today

1. Southern Tier 2XIPA
2. 21st Amendment Bitter American Pale Ale
3. Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine 2012
4. Lost Abbey Serpents Imperial Stout,
5. Southern Tier Choklat Imperial Stout
6. He'Brew Funky Jewbelation
7. Victory Hop Wallop Double IPA
8. Anderson Valley Leeber Zeese Oatmeal Porter

8-)
delonte west wrote:Eating chicken and riddin motorcycles

pellegrino viking essays

Postby Shalabi » Thu May 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Dear You wrote:I hate you jerks that can order beer online.

the shipping destroys any kind of "deals" you can get.

Shalabi

Postby bongo » Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

yeah but i think the bigger issue for people who cant order it is being totally out of luck with breweries like RR
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Birds vs Worms » Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 pm

pellegrino viking essays wrote:Beer junction, a store here in Seattle, is probably my new favorite place to drink. They put in a bar in a new location and have 16 taps. Just started offering sample trays. 4x 4 oz pours or 8 x 4 oz pours and their taps are consistently amazing.

i will be going to seattle in a couple of weeks to see both sleep shows. i'll be checking in luggage so i can bring beer to and from. anyone wanna do some in person trades? i haven't started doing any research yet but what are some good bottle shops? i'll be in the capitol hill area.

Birds vs Worms

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Birds vs Worms wrote:
pellegrino viking essays wrote:Beer junction, a store here in Seattle, is probably my new favorite place to drink. They put in a bar in a new location and have 16 taps. Just started offering sample trays. 4x 4 oz pours or 8 x 4 oz pours and their taps are consistently amazing.

i will be going to seattle in a couple of weeks to see both sleep shows. i'll be checking in luggage so i can bring beer to and from. anyone wanna do some in person trades? i haven't started doing any research yet but what are some good bottle shops? i'll be in the capitol hill area.

There are a lot of great BARS in Capitol Hill. Pine box is an amazing beer bar that lists their current taps online. Hopvine is really good.

However, the bottle SHOP in capitol hill closed a few months ago. Grocery stores, like QFC, especially the one on Broadway, have great selectons of sixers and 22's here. Even stuff like Russian River, Green Flash, etc.

If you have access to a car or whatever, Bottleworks and Beer Junction are the two really good ones in my opinion.

Make sure you hit up pine box - http://www.pineboxbar.com/

pellegrino viking essays

Postby honkduh » Thu May 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Some shit i had today

1. Southern Tier 2XIPA

8-)

did you like the funky jewbelation? I poured most of it out.

honkduh

Postby Birds vs Worms » Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 pm

i'll be hitting up the pine box for sure

Birds vs Worms

Postby honkduh » Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Birds vs Worms wrote:i'll be hitting up the pine box for sure

Elysian brewpub is a couple blocks up from Neumos so you can go there during shitty opening bands. If you like Belgian style beers there's Stumbling Monk on Capitol Hill.

http://seattlebeernews.com/2010/12/seattle-beer-news-top-10-beer-spots-6-stumbling-monk/

honkduh

Postby schmuck » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

I enjoyed urban family public house in ballard. it would be a bit of a bus ride/cab ride...but there seems to be a lot of good beer bars and restaurants in that area.

schmuck

Postby wyatt » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

wyatt

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

honkduh wrote:

Some shit i had today

1. Southern Tier 2XIPA

8-)

did you like the funky jewbelation? I poured most of it out.

Finished it, wouldn't order it again. only a 4 oz pour, so it was whatever.

pellegrino viking essays

Postby honkduh » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

You going to brouwers today?

Back in Black Stoutfest all beers are 12oz pours:
$5.00 12oz Pour
Alaskan Perseverance 25th Anniversary (9%) Juneau, AK.................$5.00
Big Sky Ivan the Terrible (10%) Missoula, MT ................................. $5.00
Big Time Underburg Old Rip (8.4%) Seattle, WA .............................$5.00
Black Raven Grandfather Imperial Stout (9.5%) Redmond, WA........$5.00
Boneyard Black 13 ( 5.2%) Bend, OR ..................... $5.00
Deschutes Abyss ’10 (11%) Bend, OR..................$5.00
Elysian Peste Chocolate Chili Stout (7.5%) Seattle............................$5.00 (12oz)
Elysian Seattle Beer Week Split Shot (5.6%) Seattle, WA...................$5.00
Elysian Seattle Beer Week Split Shot Firkin (5.6%) Seattle, WA ....... $5.00
Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout (5.5%) Paso Robles..$5.00
Fort George Coffee Girl Stout (9.0%) Astoria, OR.............................$5.00
Fort George Spank Hot Pepper Stout(5.1%) Astoria, OR...................$5.00
Fort George Squashed Stout(6.7%) Astoria, OR................................. $5.00
Fort George Straw-Peary Stout (8.2%)Astoria, OR............................$5.00
Fort George Viva la Stout (7.6%) (Mexican Chocolate) Astoria, OR . $5.00
Fremont Kentucky Dark Star (8%) Seattle, WA....................$5.00
Ninkasi Imperial Stout (9.1%) Eugene, OR..........................$5.00
Oakshire Espresso Stout (5.8%) Eugene, OR ..................................... $5.00
Pike Oaked Imperial Stout (7%) Seattle, WA ..................................... $5.00
Silver City Imperial Stout Firkin (10.0%) Silverdale, WA@6pm ...... $5.00
Snoqualmie Louis Quatorze 14th Anniversary (8.6%) ..................... $5.00
Victory Storm King Stout (9.1%) Downingtown, PA ......................... $5.00
$7.00 12oz Pour
Beer Valley Black Madness (10%) Ontario, OR .................. $7.00
Boneyard Shug Knight (14%) Bend, OR..............................$7.00
Double Mountain Formidable Belgian Stout (11.9%) Hood River..... $7.00
Full Sail Black Gold 2010 (11.4%) Hood River, OR .......................... $7.00
Great Divide Espresso Oaked Yeti (9.5%) Denver, CO......................$7.00
Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti (9.5%) Denver, CO ............................... $7.00
Green Flash Double Stout 2010 (8.8%) San Diego, CA .................... $7.00
HUB Brouwer’s 6th Anniversary (10.5%) Portland, OR .................... $7.00
Lost Abbey Serpent’s Stout (11%) San Marcos, CA .............. $7.00
Oakshire Hellshire II Oaked Imperial Stout (10.5%) Eugene, OR ..... $7.00
Oskar Blues Ten Fiddy (10.5%) Lyons, CO .................. $7.00
Rogue XS Imperial Stout (10.4) Newport, OR...................$7.00
Southern Tier Choklat (10%) Lakewood, NY..................$7.00
Southern Tier Jahva (10.6%) Lakewood, NY......................... $7.00
Stone 2009 Elijah Craig IRS (11.5%) Escondido, CA........................$7.00
Stone 2010 RIS (10.4%) Escondido, CA............................................. $7.00
$ 9.00-12oz Pour
Allagash Black (7.5%) Portland, ME ................................................$9.00
Avery Mephistopheles (16.4%) Boulder, CO ..................................... $9.00
De Cazeau Tournay Black (7.6%) Templeuve, Belgium ............. $9.00
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout (18%) Milton, DE .................. $9.00
Driftwood Singularity (14%) Victoria, CA........................................$9.00
Dupont Monks Stout (5.2%) Tourpes-Leuze.........................$9.00
Emilesse Black and Tan (10%) Kamperland, Netherlands.................$9.00
Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti (11.5%) Valby, Denmark ....................... $9.00
Evil Twin Yin Imperial Stout (10%) Valby, Denmark.............. $9.00
Firestone Walker 15th Anniversary (12.5%) Paso Robles, CA............$9.00
Nectar Black Xantus (11%) Paso Robles, CA............................$9.00
Port Older Viscosity (12%) San Marcos, CA..................................$9.00
Port BBN Santa’s Little Helper (10%) San Marcos, CA.....................$9.00

honkduh

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

man, fuck, how do i never know about this shit.

Can't, share a car with my wife who's gonna have it on the eastside for a work party all night

pellegrino viking essays

Postby gauchebag » Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm

i saw that resin on tap at this spot on 10th ave the other night but didn't know anything about it and stayed away

instead had a few glasses of the green flash wrecked palate imperial IPA which was really good and that's coming from a man who mostly stays away from IPAs these days. nice big west coast flavor without being too syrupy. good balance

gauchebag

Postby sky cracks open » Fri May 11, 2012 3:34 pm

what the schmuck wrote:I believe RR still has beatification in bottles. A guy from another forum was there last week and said they had another pallet of it.

Damn, you're right.

If anybody here lives in the Russian River area, they should go buy as much Beatification as they can. If you send it to me, I will pay you back +shipping +money for your troubles.

sky cracks open

Postby SNC » Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 am

Picked up a bottle of DFH noble rot last night, along with a 6 of Oberon and a mix 6 with 2 green flash west coast ipa, 1 founders dry hopped pale, 1 blue point summer and 2 kona brewing koko brown.

The koko brown is pretty good stuff

SNC

Postby SNC » Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Broke out a bottle of bitches brew to go with dessert tonight. Only 3 bottles left 2 2010s 1 2011

SNC

Postby mike » Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 am

surprised at the dislike of funky jewbelation. the beer reminds me of fresh dark lord. sorta. i dig it.
retired

mike

Postby pissydan » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

had art of darkness from ommegang on draft yesterday. not too shabby.
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby bongo » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

mike wrote:surprised at the dislike of funky jewbelation. the beer reminds me of fresh dark lord. sorta. i dig it.

i had it on tap over the weekend

total sugar bomb, pretty gross to me
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley