Travel Thread: What should I do in Atlanta?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Bartatua » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 pm

iwillneverpost wrote:
Bartatua wrote:She likes being outdoors and also likes shopping and eating, so those all sound like good options

I've been meaning to get to Ponce sometime, so maybe we'll try that

I've also thought the baby would like staring around at the aquarium, though thanksgiving week might not be the best best for doing that

Beltline to Ponce City and Piedmont Park. Classic family visit activity.

This sounds really good though I don't know where the best place to park near a starting point would be
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Bartatua » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Also as someone who usually just walks the hell around everywhere, taking marta to the airport and back was so damn easy even though i fucked up and didn't validate my parking before leaving the station
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby goofjan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

which museum(s) should I visit from this list?

High Museum of Art
Museum of Design Atlanta
Center for Puppetry Arts
William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum (I'm Jewish- not that you'd have to be to enjoy this museum, I'm sure)
SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film
Atlanta Botanical Garden
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby theta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm

i’ve been to the high and to the botanical gardens and would recommend both
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby goofjan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 pm

thanks! I think I'm gonna do the High and the puppet place!
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby Cone » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I still haven’t been to the High but this time next year they’re gonna have the Infinity Mirrors exhibit and I’m stoked to see that
Cone

Postby shark week » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 pm

has anyone been to the Garden Lights Holiday Lights at the botanical garden?

seems like it could be a gimmicky thing but i've read itt that the botanical gardens are sweet so might go during the day tomorrow anyway
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby shark week » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:56 pm

so far i've done

Landmark Diner -> aquarium for 5hrs -> pcm (played some Hive and ate a pork bun -> Torched Hop (trying to convince some bros to battle me in n64 SmashBros)
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby grammatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 pm

I haven’t been to the lights thing but pics from friends make it look pretty neat.
grammatron

Postby theta » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 pm

no but i went to chihuly in the botanical gardens which was gimmicky and it was fun
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby Cone » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Holiday Lights at botanical gardens are p cool
Cone

Postby otis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 am

i've gotta find a place to live here in the next few weeks... i've read back a few pages on y'alls reccs and i appreciate the insight. would anyone have any guidance on neighborhoods in the southern reaches of atlanta? maybe i should just throw down for a golf cart and settle in peachtree city. thanks in advance!
otis

Postby Malcolm Money » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am

what does everybody think about Revery, ATL's very own VR bar?
Why do so many white people feel they have something to say artistically?
Malcolm Money

Postby Bartatua » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

there r so many good place to eat
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby otis » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 am

Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:
otis wrote:i've gotta find a place to live here in the next few weeks... i've read back a few pages on y'alls reccs and i appreciate the insight. would anyone have any guidance on neighborhoods in the southern reaches of atlanta? maybe i should just throw down for a golf cart and settle in peachtree city. thanks in advance!

Like suburbs or the south side of the city? I know about the south side, not really the suburbs

well, was lookin for recommendations for both but i think i may settle with the burbs as it would be closer to work, which is in clayton cty. i drove over there yesterday and checked out some areas and i was thinking maybe stockbridge? i'm pretty easy to please w/r/t things to do as i'm largely a shut-in. okay thanks goodbye.
otis

Postby theta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am

i have a coworker who lives in stockbridge. he likes it.
theta

Postby grammatron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 am

I taught at Stockbridge High School for a few years. My brother lives out there too. It's ok. Pretty standard Atlanta suburb. It's been many years since I spent any time there, so I'm not sure what it's like now.
grammatron

Postby Cone » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Malcolm Money wrote:what does everybody think about Revery, ATL's very own VR bar?

My girlfriend surprised me by taking me here last night for my birthday with a few of my friends and we had a blast.

It’s a real cool concept but doesn’t seem to be very well run. Don’t know if that’s just them ironing out the kinks of being a new place or what but if it ends up catching on and getting popular they’re gonna have to make some changes to handle big crowds.

They kind of just set you loose in the bay with the VR system and no explanation so if you aren’t a gamer or have used a VR setup before you’re gonna waste a good 10-15 minutes at least of your paid time just figuring out how to work it. There’s a couple dudes who float around and help you out if you ask but besides that you’re on your own. All the bays are single player setups but there are a couple games that are fun to have the whole group kind of help out along with the person wearing the gear.

The bar sucks though and the drinks were weak as hell but not terribly overpriced.

I don’t know if any of you have been to Battle and Brew up in Sandy Springs but that seems to be a better execution of the gaming bar concept although I hear they just changed management and I haven’t been in over a year.

Pretty fun though!
Cone

Postby theta » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 pm

first of all, they stole my idea
second of all, i was going to call it the gentleman loser like the bar in neuromancer
thirdly, i will definitely be going there

i haven't been to battle and brew cuz sandy springs lol but joystick has pretty good drinks so if they started doing vr they'd probably obliterate this new one
theta

Postby mystery meat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Battle and Brew is fun as hell
mystery meat

Postby Cone » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Yeah I really need to go back to Battle and Brew soon but like Theta said, Sandy Springs is a fuckin hike. Although I’m planning on buying a house around October and that area is looking tempting as fuck financially.
Cone

Postby Cone » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah wow it was absolutely beautiful outside today. Just think that we had closed schools across the area due to ice two days ago.

I walked by multiple patches of snow that still haven't melted while I was wearing a t-shirt and sweating.
Cone

Postby ocean pimp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 pm

if y'all are interested, my friend/mentor's new documentary is screening during ATL film fest:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/man-made-a ... 4327945077

it's "a film about what makes a man, set in the world of trans male bodybuilding." i've seen clips from it and it looks amazing.

i'm starting to apply to jobs in production/post-production, and i actually found a place i could potentially live (shared house near grant park) if i can find employment. it's a little farther from a marta station than i'd like (no car), but i think i could make it work.
i'm that bitch that listens to gangsta rap on the way to the farmers market after yoga
ocean pimp

Postby Cone » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Woah what that’s a bummer about tomatillos. Used to get marg pitchers there after work sometimes. I recently tried the Emerald City Bagels across the street from it and will definitely be hitting that up for breakfast whenever I’m around there.
Cone

Postby Cone » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Also hell yeah ocean pimp
Cone

Postby theta » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:26 pm

i'm excited for you! the 32 bus runs right thru grant park and straight to 5 points marta station, the central rail hub. i think it would be totally doable.
theta

Postby ocean pimp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 pm

dope! thanks, theta. i'm sure i'll be blowing this thread up a lot in the coming months. can't wait to be there!
i'm that bitch that listens to gangsta rap on the way to the farmers market after yoga
ocean pimp

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 pm

i miss the grindhouse by sweet auburn curb market. i've never been to any of the other ones. i miss the curb market in general gdi. i went there so much when i was going to gsu everyday lol. wish i commuted to any area other than fucking buckhead lmao.
theendoftheworld666@aol.com
sissy puppy

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:46 pm

i thought living close to buford highway with no car abt a 50 minute walk from a train station would be absolute torture but yeah it should be doable esp. if it's by a high traffic bus route. the buford highway bus comes like every 10 minutes its so sick i wish every bus in town was like that.
theendoftheworld666@aol.com
sissy puppy

Postby Bartatua » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:35 pm

i wanna walk the whole beltline
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....