The Official New York City Thread

Ive found in time the search on this forum was shit but if you google whatever keywords with the word hipinion, you get what you're looking for most of the time. I mean even when they keywords aren't exact.

Postby hoopdog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Prince Street is my favorite pizza place in Manhattan
hoopdog
ride.

Postby came to wreck » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 pm

wish it wasnt so hard to get a slice there nowadays tho. dam pizza tours comin thru there now and everythin
came to wreck

Postby landspeedrecord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:04 pm

The Emperor's Son wrote:the burger [at emmy squared] is superior than their flagship's and somehow one of my top 3 in the city

I had the burger (not the menu burger, but a slight variation: double beef patty, american cheese, bacon, basil aioli on a pretzel bun) at emily squared last night. it was incredible. I'm not a bacon on my burger kinda guy, but it totally worked here... thin but not too crispy, did not overwhelm the beef. the pizza is very good, but the burger is on another level

not that I'm surprised because I usually trust your opinion, but good call TES
rather be an idiot than a sheeple
landspeedrecord

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

everyone itt: post your favorite pizza places, both your local joint and where you will travel to

inspired by there being not one good slice in ditmas park but also being very close to the pizza paradise that is southern brooklyn
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby landspeedrecord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm

the brick-oven margherita at manetta's in long island city is $11 and criminally underrated imo
rather be an idiot than a sheeple
landspeedrecord

Postby famnexdo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm

rosa's, minitalia, and corato's I and II in ridgewood.

Other slices/full pies I think about a lot are the plain slice at Pizza Suprema and Tony's, the veggie slice at Best Pizza in Wburg, the Honey/Pepperoni at Emmy squared, the Pesto slice at Luigi's in south slope, and L & B Spumoni in Gravesend

edit: honorable mention for the scrump slices at Fazio's on Knickerbocker and also the $5 chicken parm hero at Martiniello's on Onderdonk
Last edited by famnexdo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
famnexdo

Postby came to wreck » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:27 pm

my local joint is domino's, there's nothing by halsey J stop. if i wanna spend a lot of money i can have roberta's deliver tho

no slice beats the soho square at prince st, best pizza i've had in nyc although now the wait time and line keeps me from going as often as i used to
came to wreck

Postby famnexdo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:39 pm

also:
- Percy's near washington square park/film forum. Best dollar slice in the entire city
- Fiore's nearby on Bleecker has a pepperoni slice that is as good or better than Prince street's and there's almost never a crowd.
famnexdo

Postby i am rich » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:06 pm

north brooklyn for the last 12 years, so:

local - triangolo
favorite - carmine's

stay outta greempoint
i am rich

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

famnexdo wrote:the Pesto slice at Luigi's in south slope, and L & B Spumoni in Gravesend

YOOOOOOOOOO

gonna go to spumoni gardens tomorrow i think

famnexdo i have a thread on the board for my journeys to spumoni gardens. pesto slice is criminally underrated, amazing slice.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

is the nyc thread a safe space for me to scream about the fucking discs of sausage that many pizzerias think is an acceptable "sausage topping"
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby i am rich » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:14 pm

do your thing, lar
i am rich

Postby pokethedoke » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Ottos Tacos and Dos Toros need new tacho shells. They taste kinda like eating a shell made of vomit and the material is weirdly gummy.
pokethedoke

Postby gentleman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

famnexdo wrote:also:
- Percy's near washington square park/film forum. Best dollar slice in the entire city
- Fiore's nearby on Bleecker has a pepperoni slice that is as good or better than Prince street's and there's almost never a crowd.

agree on percy's...

i stopped going to difaras because of the pain in the ass it's become. artichoke mostly satisfies my square craving from difara. though they certainly charge too much for it.

for neopolitan, its keste or more recently ribalta...which is owned by the former co-owner of keste...its near union square and very solid. none of the tourists that go to keste and the crowd are 50% actually italian.

im a fan of speedy romeo's pizza...and otto's cacio e pepe pizza is a regular pie for me. its not amazing but im go to otto like every 2 weeks.
gentleman

Postby Future » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 pm

i am rich wrote:local - triangolo

love triangolo

tried to go to both Emily and Speedy Romeo with friends last night but settled for sandwiches at Mekelburg's (had no idea there was a bar back there)
Members of my pack, we spend a lot of time together at home just being dogs.
Future

Postby hoopdog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:16 pm

triangolo is def my solid neighborhood spot

speedy romeo employees sometimes bring me pizza at work and it rules
hoopdog
ride.

Postby gauchebag » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm

larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 wrote:everyone itt: post your favorite pizza places, both your local joint and where you will travel to

inspired by there being not one good slice in ditmas park but also being very close to the pizza paradise that is southern brooklyn

this is absurd

san remo on cortelyou is a really solid pizza joint. good stromboli-esque thing but puffier a bit with veggies with whatever meat you choose

friendly funny staff

just a good solid neighborhood pizza joint
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

i actually did have san remo recently and it was fine, you're right
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby gauchebag » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm

well thank you larry

it puts the pizza place on my corner to shame.

i still miss those la cabana latenights at flatbush and beverley, octopus salad expensive af for a place like that but goes down smooth
gauchebag

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm

la cabana slays, thank you for reccing it back in october
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby gauchebag » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm

i am rich wrote:favorite - carmine's

i miss carmine's a lot and wish i had been to the other carmine's in greenpoint before it closed

i must have mentioned it here before but that salmon BLT hero is really cool and their pesto slice is one of the best all-around slices in the city
gauchebag

Postby jett » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm

my fav/local is prince st. but I'd love to branch out I'm just a pizza noob who lives near it... that square though...
just keep flying man, just lemme look at the clouds some more
jett

Postby i am rich » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 pm

gauchebag wrote:
i am rich wrote:favorite - carmine's

the other carmine's in greenpoint

this place was always kinda a trip. friend of mine probably still has as his phone wallpaper a pic of carmine passed out in his chair out front
i am rich

Postby loaf angel » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 pm

it's Best Pizza
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby lightfoot » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:59 pm

love best pizza, love prince street

larrry have you been to angelo's pizza? it's right by ocean ave and cortelyou, a block away from kings, and it's prob the best slice in the area
lightfoot

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 pm

i have! last time i went there, sadly, it was awful, but i have been there other times when it was not.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby pink snake » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:05 pm

i love prince street pizza. i live near scarr's and i think the pizza there is really overrated and overpriced. i miss going to tony's on Graham when i used to live out that way.
pink snake

Postby lightfoot » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:05 pm

that's too bad - wish we had a better slice joint in the area

irt larry
lightfoot

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

i might go give it another shot tonight! i love pizza.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm

speedy romeo really is delightful.

i wanna go to john's on bleecker this week.
big zorb
smiling drinker

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All