Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby denvermax » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 am

I believe there are a couple judgeships on the ballot where all the candidates are democrats. Not sure what to do there
denvermax

Postby churrokbyme » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 am

Yes, all democratic judges for me. I abstained because I didn’t make time for due diligence.

The name Tisch is a very wealthy New York family. No idea if it’s a relation however
churrokbyme

Postby lame sayings » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 am

please vote for dems on the WFP (except on judges!) if at all possible, Working Families really stuck their neck out running against Cuomo
oh sadness rising like wild ducks
lame sayings

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:00 am

I voted all dem for Supreme Court. YNY for proposals , steph Milner for governor and not Tish James for Ag
pokethedoke

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am

i was afraid of voting for some lazy lefty like Bernie though: so I chose the old d guard
pokethedoke

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am

The head of nyc voting is a moron. The booths should be in the gyms not in tiny lunch rooms
pokethedoke

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am

acapelli wrote:participatory budgeting and language interpreters at polling sites are both very good things, but I'm not sure why those things need to be tied to the creation of a new commission that doesn't answer to voters

edit: i guess participatory budgeting isn't that good? seems to have to do with lack of turnout / meaningful funding? anyway still not convinced on 2

it seems to be good? my wife's argument as i understand it is that these things are already happening without the proposal (she's been involved in a project in forest hills) and that there's no need for a commission, particularly one that is by appointees and will possibly make the process less transparent and less accountable to ppl. and that yeah there are issues with community outreach but more appointed bureaucracy isn't the way to solve it. she's also unsure (as am i, i havent really researched) if this would also centralize everything and take it out of the hands of individual districts, which she would be very against.

anyway im prone to listen to ppl on the ground unless convinced otherwise. i never vote until after work when my place is empty.
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby hoopdog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 pm

The line at my polling place is the longest I have ever seen for any sort of vote, I'm gonna be late as hell to work
hoopdog
ride.

Postby Future » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 pm

ppl don't seem to know that the long ass line to get in is just so a person can tell you your assembly/election district number. if you know those 2 numbers (they are on every mailer you get) you can walk straight in and get your ballot.

of course the bottleneck at my place was the scanners.
Members of my pack, we spend a lot of time together at home just being dogs.
Future

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Everything at my place was a bottleneck
pokethedoke

Postby Clive » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Total shit show at PS 282.

Also, in non-election nyc news, not sure if this was posted earlier, but the Amazon/LIC thing seems pretty certain now:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/tech ... split.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/nyre ... -city.html

E: oh, there’s a separate thread for this. Whatever.
Clive

Postby mchamartin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

a-10 warthog champion wrote:
acapelli wrote:participatory budgeting and language interpreters at polling sites are both very good things, but I'm not sure why those things need to be tied to the creation of a new commission that doesn't answer to voters

edit: i guess participatory budgeting isn't that good? seems to have to do with lack of turnout / meaningful funding? anyway still not convinced on 2

it seems to be good? my wife's argument as i understand it is that these things are already happening without the proposal (she's been involved in a project in forest hills) and that there's no need for a commission, particularly one that is by appointees and will possibly make the process less transparent and less accountable to ppl. and that yeah there are issues with community outreach but more appointed bureaucracy isn't the way to solve it. she's also unsure (as am i, i havent really researched) if this would also centralize everything and take it out of the hands of individual districts, which she would be very against.

anyway im prone to listen to ppl on the ground unless convinced otherwise. i never vote until after work when my place is empty.

I was iffy on 2 at first cuz it creates a new layer of bureaucracy to accomplish a hodgepodge of things that seem like they belong with existing bodies, but Brad Lander came to the Oct CBID meeting in Park Slope and sold me on it. His explanation was that the stuff the commission will do is currently not being done uniformly (e.g. PB is currently on a district by district basis at the city councilerson's discretion) or at all, and efforts to make more appropriate bodies handle these things have fallen flat (e.g. Board of Elections refuses to provide interpreters at polling sites, even if the city foots the bill). He pushed it as an imperfect and messy solution, but the best solution available. He also suggested that the mayor was likely to do his own thing on this if the amendment fails, and whatever he puts together would answer only to him, compared to the proposal on the ballot that would spread around appointment power (while admittedly still giving the mayor too much power).

2 is definitely not great but I think it's still a yes. 1 and 3 are obvious yes.
mchamartin

Postby hoopdog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Apparently scanners are broken like all over NYC, two of the three at my polling place were broken
hoopdog
ride.

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Why don’t they have electric? They had those both times I voted for Barry
pokethedoke

Postby Franco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:45 pm

bc history doesnt always move in a straight line. sometimes it zig zags
Franco

Postby gutenmorgan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:56 pm

lame sayings wrote:please vote for dems on the WFP (except on judges!) if at all possible, Working Families really stuck their neck out running against Cuomo

Yes! Except in a couple of places if memory serves they ask you not to vote on their line because it still lists a candidate (like Crowley) who can't drop out despite Ocasio-Cortez winning the dem primary? I moved to southern Westchester a little bit ago so this is just hearsay.
gutenmorgan

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah just remember not to be a dumbshit like me and forget youre registered wfp when primaries roll around
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby lame sayings » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 pm

mchamartin wrote:
a-10 warthog champion wrote:

I was iffy on 2 at first cuz it creates a new layer of bureaucracy to accomplish a hodgepodge of things that seem like they belong with existing bodies, but Brad Lander came to the Oct CBID meeting in Park Slope and sold me on it. His explanation was that the stuff the commission will do is currently not being done uniformly (e.g. PB is currently on a district by district basis at the city councilerson's discretion) or at all, and efforts to make more appropriate bodies handle these things have fallen flat (e.g. Board of Elections refuses to provide interpreters at polling sites, even if the city foots the bill). He pushed it as an imperfect and messy solution, but the best solution available. He also suggested that the mayor was likely to do his own thing on this if the amendment fails, and whatever he puts together would answer only to him, compared to the proposal on the ballot that would spread around appointment power (while admittedly still giving the mayor too much power).

2 is definitely not great but I think it's still a yes. 1 and 3 are obvious yes.

yeah, those were the vibes about 2 i was getting. my hope is that by expanding pb everywhere and standardizing it a bit and having a dept focusing on it city wide, it will become more of a visible "thing" that will attract more people and could actually then take off and potentially attract more funding.
oh sadness rising like wild ducks
lame sayings

Postby lockheed » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I voted yes/no/yes after going back and forth on 2 for a while last night at home. I wasnt paying attention though and accidentally filled in no on prop 3 thinking it was the box for 2, so I filled in yes anyway since my mark for no was real tiny. The scanner took page one and spit out page 2 and they sent me back to the line to turn in my messed up one and get another copy, where in a matter of like one minute the desk person lost my voided ballot, and then he and the other person for my district went looking for it, they started bickering for a while, the whole line ground to a halt, etc. The other person and I were like looking through a stack of other voided ballots and then they just issued me a new second page eventually. Goddamn prop 2.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.
lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:54 pm

But yeah, district 35 56 was slammin today, even at 130pm in the rain.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.
lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby hoopdog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Also voted yes/no/yes
hoopdog
ride.

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:41 pm

rich uncle skeleton

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:51 pm

i guess im probably going no on 2 but it seems like one of those things that isnt terrible either way

im not going to stress too much about it
a-10 warthog champion

Postby delgriffith » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah I'm not going to be super bummed if it fails or anything, and I think it probably will. If 3 fails I will legit be annoyed.
delgriffith

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Everyone call in on the beatsinspace hotline to complain about the music director at nyu and how you can't stream the show online or on radio in williamsburg. Thanks
pokethedoke

Postby internetfriend » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

pokethedoke wrote:Everything at my place was a bottleneck

this is killing me
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Just emailed 12 people at wnyu complaining about the stream not working
pokethedoke

Postby Flossed Out » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm

My polling place was pretty buddy which was encouraging to see. Longish lines to fill in and scan but overall for went smoothly. I love seeing my neighborhood all in one big gym.
choom gang
Flossed Out

Postby internetfriend » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Flossed Out wrote:My polling place was pretty buddy which was encouraging to see. Longish lines to fill in and scan but overall for went smoothly. I love seeing my neighborhood all in one big gym.

iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 pm

I went yes/no/yes

Has anyone mentioned here whether prop 2 meant centralizing instead of by district?

In my experience today is seems most people that actually work with the city/have been here 10+ years voted no, and a lot of my younger, more idealistix friends (whom I usually side with) voted yes

I really hope this is ok either way because I almost left it blank
a-10 warthog champion

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....