Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby blurst of times » Sun May 13, 2018 11:58 pm

bluemovers wrote:all in for this:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Hardware: Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Steam
Genre: 2D Action
Release Date: May 24th, 2018
Players:1 Player
Price: $9.99 (free for those who backed the game on Kickstarter for $28+ tier)
Developer: Inti Creates

Play as Zangetsu, a demon slayer bearing a deep grudge, who must travel through perilous lands to defeat a powerful demon lurking in a dark castle. Zangetsu will meet fellow travelers along the way, who can join your journey as playable characters. Switching to these characters with their unique abilities will unlock new paths through the treacherous stages. Your choices in recruiting these adventurers will change the difficulty of the game, and may even affect the ending! *Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is the 8-bit style game promised as a stretch goal of the 2015 Kickstarter campaign for "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

hell yeah. this is definitely my type of shit, but i'm also worried this will be another mighty no. 9 scenario
blurst of times
ride.

Postby kirito » Mon May 14, 2018 12:00 am

that looks so much better than the actual bloodstained
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby figaro » Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 am

it really does

man i wish whoever is doing these neo geo switch ports that are up on the e shop would package some of the series in a collection instead of just like putting everything up individually for 7.99 :x
figaro

Postby internetfriend » Mon May 14, 2018 12:59 am

grammatron wrote:I do also wish there were more armor options.

it seems like there are a bunch of armors but they’re mostly useless or SUPER situational in a game without many....situations

like i got rubber armor today and i assume i’ll throw that on for the inevitable lightning boss but otherwise never deal with it

also like the swim speed bonus from zora armor feels super slight, to the point that i still feel like if i’m swimming i’ve fucked up. i was hoping for some majora’s mask speed
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Kenny » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 am

Have you found any of the fairy fountains, if? (There's on near Kakariko Village, if you take the path up to the nearby shrine and then keep going as it passes the shrine you'll see it).

There are 2 (3?) more throughout the world and each one can level up each bit of armor once so you can make them more strong but you need materials. Some of them are pretty common, I remember when I finally started to upgrade my armor I had plenty of everything for the Hylian getup, but like some of the armor you get from Amiibos can need pretty rare stuff (I wanted to play in the Zelda 1 outfit you get from the 8bit Zelda amiibo but you need star pieces for each piece)

Anyway, I think that's how you get not-weak armor. For me, I like the armor that exists but I wish there was a hotkey you could just press to go back to a preferred set, so when you have to put on a single piece (like the Zora armor to climb up waterfalls) you could quickly get back to whichever whole outfit you wanted

I really feel like there could be another edition/DLC pack that hammers out some of the small problems that build up to little irritants in the gameplay.

Climbing during rain esp, I get that the Zora kingdom you're not supposed to be able to climb until you solve the dungeon but you could make a sort of ocarina/play music and pass a few hours thing that would sort it elsewhere in the world.
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 am

some Retro rumors:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/308975-rumor-retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-grand-prix-for-nintend

"What Retro Studios is working on is a spinoff based on an existing Nintendo IP that they haven't worked with before.... Star Fox.

It is actually a racing game. Something like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with F-Zero essentially. But more like F-Zero gameplay. It will have a adventure mode of some kind (think Diddy Kong Racing) and there will be some boss fights and a hub world like it too.

It is called Star Fox Grand Prix."
Toggle Spoiler
Last edited by bluemovers on Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluemovers

Postby brent » Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am

i think it's an unpopular opinion but i love using the stealth armor in botw, easily my most used

the upgraded set lets you run fast at night and it's great for catching bugs, fish, sneaking up on enemies
brent

Postby warmjets » Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 am

there are too many armor sets imo

stealth is great for reasons mentioned above

barbarian is great for attack boost

climber gear is sick as hell for climbing with the set bonus

if you want defense, upgrade the champions tunic or whatever and pair it was some fully upgraded pieces (28 defense each)
warmjets

Postby bluemovers » Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 am

i just used the ancient armor set from the moment i unlocked it through to the end of the game and beyond.
bluemovers

Postby doublethink0 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am

bluemovers wrote:some Retro rumors:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/308975-rumor-retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-grand-prix-for-nintend

"What Retro Studios is working on is a spinoff based on an existing Nintendo IP that they haven't worked with before.... Star Fox.

It is actually a racing game. Something like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with F-Zero essentially. But more like F-Zero gameplay. It will have a adventure mode of some kind (think Diddy Kong Racing) and there will be some boss fights and a hub world like it too.

Toggle Spoiler

I’m down for this, but would really love modern SF64Toggle Spoiler type of joint
doublethink0

Postby internetfriend » Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am

ive found two fairy fountains and upgraded a couple things. but i'm not really saying that armor is too weak, more that a lot of it seems too situational to really bother using in its situations most of the time

i havent bought stealth armor yet, "+stealth" was too ambiguous for me, but maybe i'll try it now. i bought snowquill stuff last night just because i was tired of having to deal with having other sources of warmth—i made it through the north lomei labyrinth entirely on the strength of warm quilted doublet + some flamey sword i'd found earlier (hence my frustration at getting a blood moon and having to stress about the flame sword's durability even more)

also hoo boy, getting more tired all the time of rain
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Kenny » Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 am

Yeah, I think it's designed to be situational/they want you swapping all the time which can get annoying. I think they should have had a "favorite" tag and you could just go to the armor page and Press Y To Go To Favorite. I also think that it's dumb that the Master Sword can wear out (on a timer) because at that point you Get The Idea of the game and they should really just let you use at least one sword forever if you want it.

Also I think I read somewhere that if you fully upgrade the climbing set you can climb in rain?

I think one of BOTW's biggest problems is that by the time you get any of the cool/upgraded stuff you've kind of already experienced the game
Last edited by Kenny on Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby mellowgold » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am

lol im still playing Breath of the Wild ....
-_-

: )
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby No Good Advice » Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Toggle Spoiler

That sounds like a cool weird game. I'm not sure I want Retro to do it. I hope they're also doing something else.
No Good Advice

Postby Esteban » Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

That sounds like an air ball I hope it's not true. Just make a new f zero game ffs
Esteban

Postby grammatron » Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Yeah I guess when I say I wish there were more armor options, I mean more useful options, more options that made it worth switching around. I mean being able to upgrade your stuff is effectively the same as stepping up to better armor multiple times throughout the game. I just like gear.
grammatron

Postby internetfriend » Mon May 14, 2018 1:20 pm

i kinda just wanna get the fierce deity stuff and stop worrying about it. it seems like i can just edit the amiibo stuff in too which probably beats fiddling with making the emulator think i’m scanning an amiibo
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby videodrome » Mon May 14, 2018 1:42 pm

videodrome

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Mon May 14, 2018 1:54 pm

No Good Advice wrote:

Toggle Spoiler

That sounds like a cool weird game. I'm not sure I want Retro to do it. I hope they're also doing something else.

i'm actually more interested in this announcement than something obvious like them doing Prime 4.

If this is a brand new game built from the ground up, using a Star Fox theme, I'm all for it.
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby gambra » Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 pm

videodrome wrote:

In addition to this the first save manager homebrew was ported the other day. It's still not useable but it's getting there.

http://wololo.net/2018/05/12/nintendo-s ... -released/
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Mon May 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Welp, I purchased BOTW. Haven't played a Zelda game since SNES days, so this should be fun.
Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby feaxfang » Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:Welp, I purchased BOTW. Haven't played a Zelda game since SNES days, so this should be fun.

Whoa, enjoy.
feaxfang

Postby brent » Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

we buying banner saga this week?
brent

Postby Kenny » Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

SMT Strange Journey Redux
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 pm

brent wrote:we buying banner saga this week?

i am trying to decide between this or Battle Chasers: Nightwar. anyone have thoughts?
bluemovers

Postby videodrome » Mon May 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:Welp, I purchased BOTW. Haven't played a Zelda game since SNES days, so this should be fun.

I liked SNES Zelda but was never a big fan of 3D Zelda. There wasn't much else to play at Switch launch, so I bought BOTW, thinking I'd sell it after playing it for a few hours.

130+ hours later, it's one of my favorite games of all time, right up there with Super Mario Bros 3.
videodrome

Postby Mr. Jackpots » Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 pm

I’m torn between buying Donkey Kong or a few indies. Those being: Banner Saga, Darkest Dungeon, and Golf Story or Garage. Hmmm.
Mr. Jackpots

Postby figaro » Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 pm

follow your heart

speaking of DK I've turned the sound effects down to like 20 so just so I can crank up my amp for the tunes.....music in the snow world rips and I love the new takes on some of the classics

also Mario Tennis Aces pre launch online tournament 6/1 - 6/3!
figaro

Postby Dead_Wizard » Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Mr. Jackpots wrote:I’m torn between buying Donkey Kong or a few indies. Those being: Banner Saga, Darkest Dungeon, and Golf Story or Garage. Hmmm.

Donkey Kong is blowing my mind, it's a real experience. It has all that AAA polish but the gameplay is super precise and nuanced vs. "Press X to pay respects" gameplay I usually associate w/ big deal games.

Have you played Darkest Dungeon? It never pulled me in the way I was hoping it would.
Dead_Wizard

Postby grammatron » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Darkest Dungeoun didn't do it for me either, but I'm real hard to please.
grammatron

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....