Which forthcoming remake leaves u the angriest/most hopeful?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby CudNylon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Das Experiment remake going direct-to-DVD:

Featuring an insane cast - Adrien Brody, Forest Whitaker, Elijah Wood, Cam Gigandet, Clifton Collins Jr, and Maggie Grace - Sony Home Entertainment will be dropping Paul Scheuring's The Experiment remake on DVD and Blu-ray September 21. The original, Das Experiment, directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, centered on a group of ordinary men recruited to take on the roles of guards and prisoners as part of a research study and examined how the effects of assigned roles, power and control affected the participants.
CudNylon

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 pm

INSANE cast
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby CudNylon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:28 am

There is a pitch going around Hollywood for an Oh, God! remake starring Betty White and Paul Rudd.
CudNylon

Postby sectional » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 am

Betty White just needs to go the way of Big Stein already
sectional

Postby CudNylon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Well I thought this remake was dead but...

Dario Argento Signs Off on 'Susipria' Redo (Barely)

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20884
Two definitely and long waited news come from Marco Morabito, producer of the new Suspiria remake, due to be directed by David Gordon Green. Bad Taste writes that: "He confirmed...David Gordon Green will be the director; Dario Argento finally has agreed to let the rights of the screenplay for the remake, it took nine months to convince the director who in the end accepted because, as Morabito reveals, 'is by the way convinced that his movie is a masterpiece and can't be overshadowed'." He also debunked the recent Marilyn Manson rumors: "No, it's just a rumor. I read it too on the internet and I don't know where it comes from! We never even thought about that." Bring on the witches?
CudNylon

Postby Kevin McCallister » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I gotta say, and I've seen Suspiria an embarrassing number of times, I'm pretty pumped for that.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby CudNylon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

I guess this is technically a reboot.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/22/guillermo-del-toros-next-movie-is-a-new-version-of-the-haunted-mansion/
At the tail end of the Tron panel today at Comic Con, surprise guest Guillermo del Toro took the stage to announce his next film: The Haunted Mansion. Jumping off from ideas behind the classic Haunted Mansion ride, GdT will co-write and direct a film that revolves, in some part, around the ride’s Hat Box Ghost. But this film won’t be a continuation of or sequel to the Eddie Murphy movie of the same name. As del Toro said when talking about plans for his new live-action 3D film, “we are not returning Eddie Murphy’s calls.”

Guillermo del Toro said that the appeal of the film is that the Haunted Mansion can be used as a framework to tell many kinds of stories, but he was relatively explicit about what kind of film he’d be making. “We are not making a comedy,” he said. “We are making it into an e-ticket ride. It will be scary and fun, but the scary parts WILL be scary.”

Speaking to THR, del Toro said, “(Walt) Disney is one of the creators of some of the scariest images in my childhood. People forget that he not only made sweet images but also images of nightmare. We need to honor that side of the legacy.”

Part of the reason GdT is so keen to do this film — when the idea was brought to him he pushed to to the front of his development queue — is that he’s long been a fan of the ride. When I’m depressed or when I have a problem, I ride the Haunted Mansion ride to clear my head.”
CudNylon

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 am

Whoa, they flipped it!

Ghost Being Remade for Japanese Audiences

Stop the friggin' presses! Yes, you read that right! In a stunning turn of events an American supernatural themed love story involving a restless spirit is being remade for Japan! Not the other way around! I'm dizzy. Really, I may faint. Somebody hold me.

According to Variety veteran horror filmmaker Takashi Ichise (the Ju-On / Grudge franchise) will be producing an Asian remake of director Jerry Zucker's 1990 hit Ghost called Love and Soul with director Taro Ohtani at the helm.

"Love and Soul stars Korean Wave actor Song Seung-hun and Japanese actress Nanako Matsushima in the roles played by Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore respectively. Lensing wrapped at the end of July and the pic will be released in November in Japan and Korea."

So what does that mean for us? Honestly not a hell of a lot, and we probably will never mention this flick again around these parts ... unless of course things take a frightening turn and long black hair somehow gets mixed in with all of that sensual pottery making!
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby CudNylon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 am

HELLRAISER REMAKE NEWS! DIRECTOR FOUND?!

So after burning through the directors of Inside and Martyrs, it looks like the Weinsteins are close to signing Christian E. Christiansen. He's being signed based on his work on the upcoming horror film The Roommate.

Haven't heard of it? Have a look!

So you are probably wondering why the directors of two of the bloodiest films ever made were passed over for this guy. Well that's because the Weinsteins are looking to make the franchise "teen-friendly" and circling Amber Heard for the lead role.

FUN FACT: The last horror film produced by the Weinsteins starring Amber Heard was "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane" which was filmed in 2006. You might not have seen it though, since it still hasn't been released in the US.

Nothing but good omens for this remake!
CudNylon

Postby OKterrific » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:38 am

cant be much worse than the original Hellraiser
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 am

Hellraiser is awesome and terrifying.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Dad: The Boarder » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:22 am

True Grit = hopeful
I am old and cranky.
Here is my music.
Dad: The Boarder

Postby hiddenicon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:29 pm

ok... about HELLRAISER.

they are aiming for a PG-13, in case that wasnt made clear by cud. fucking Weinsteins... could have gone with a french horror new wave director, but they changed their minds.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/10/remake-of-psychosexual-fcked-up-classic.html#more
hiddenicon

Postby CudNylon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:38 pm

the article i sourced my post from didn't mention PG-13 specifically but with "teen friendly" that's pretty much expected.

in other news, anne hathaway and james franco may star in the alien prequel.
CudNylon

Postby CudNylon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm

They passed on Christian E. Christiansen and went with Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer (director/writer of My Bloody Valentine 3D and Drive Angry 3D) for Hellraiser. They were suppose to do the third Halloween movie (or reboot the series again) in 3D, so the Hellraiser remake will probably be in 3D. Unfortunately, it's going to be PG-13 so there won't be much gore flying at the screen. Also, these guys still suck.
CudNylon

Postby badhat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:34 pm

pg13 hellraiser sounds like one of the worst ideas
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....