Which forthcoming remake leaves u the angriest/most hopeful?

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Bob511 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

It looks like a version of the Moore treatment is going to make it to production after all, but that would make it more of a prequel than a remake, I guess.
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby Marigold » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 am

saranclaps wrote:
traced wrote:spielberg oldboy
Not sure why everyone thought this was a mismatch. Munich showed a predilection for the pointless gratuity that was Oldboy's signature. Spielberg isn't wasting his talents on this, thankfully.

Because aside from just the violence, the general tone of the movie is probably far more lurid than Spielberg will probably take it.

"Will Smith, you fucked your daughter ahahahahaha!"

Marigold

Postby Marigold » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 am

On a Korean movie-related note, I just discovered the other day that there is a Housemaid remake in the works and I'd probably be curious enough to see it.
Marigold

Postby JUGLIFE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Marigold wrote:
saranclaps wrote:
traced wrote:spielberg oldboy
Not sure why everyone thought this was a mismatch. Munich showed a predilection for the pointless gratuity that was Oldboy's signature. Spielberg isn't wasting his talents on this, thankfully.

Because aside from just the violence, the general tone of the movie is probably far more lurid than Spielberg will probably take it.

"Will Smith, you fucked your daughter ahahahahaha!"

except in the speilberg version they do experiments on oldboy to make him legend
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby starttomelt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:44 pm

They're doing a remake of 13 Tzameti which is just wrong and really unnecessary.
leila came round and we watched a video.

starttomelt

Postby starttomelt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:45 pm

And 50 Cent is in it. Fuuuuuuuuckkk
leila came round and we watched a video.

starttomelt

Postby Kevin McCallister » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Baby Museum wrote:was that "The Thing" post a terrible feverish nightmare or are they actually remaking it?

Sorry, man.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Deckard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm

starttomelt wrote:They're doing a remake of 13 Tzameti which is just wrong and really unnecessary.

so dumb, that is the type of film that already caters to the hollywood mainstream audience

Deckard

Postby Poptone » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:56 am

Remaking Let the Right One It pisses me off.

The revamped version of this, on the other hand:

Poptone
cat fan

Postby Honk For Dracula » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:04 am

oh fuck piranha 3-D is gonna be the first time i've seen any movie at the theater in 3D i'm excited

Honk For Dracula

Postby good_maritimes » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 am

The Conan movie. Making shit up on the fly. Nothing Robert E. Howard-related. A black guy with dreads as Conan? Nispel is not cool.

good_maritimes

Postby Honk For Dracula » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:10 am

a The Thing prequel I can handle, but out of every remake idea none has really upset me the way the proposal of a The Thing remake has. it's really unncessary - why not just re-release it?

Honk For Dracula

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:01 am

Baby Museum wrote:why not just re-release it?

Unfortunately I don't think Carpenter has the same pull as Ridley Scott.
Also, I don't think he gives a shit.

Kevin McCallister

Postby jerbear » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:14 am

wait are they really doing a wizard of oz remake? cause if it was based on the book and more giant spiders over happy midgets thatd be amazing

jerbear

Postby board ghost » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:17 am

Deckard wrote:
starttomelt wrote:They're doing a remake of 13 Tzameti which is just wrong and really unnecessary.

so dumb, that is the type of film that already caters to the hollywood mainstream audience

same director though and the new cast is awesome/hilarious

Jason Statham ... Jasper

Mickey Rourke ... Jefferson

Alexander Skarsgård ... Jack

Emmanuelle Chriqui ... Aileen

Michael Shannon ... Henry

Ray Winstone ... Ronald Lynn

Natasha Lyonne ... Aileen

50 Cent ... Jimmy

Gaby Hoffmann ... Clara

Ben Gazzara ... Schlondorff

Sam Riley ... Vince
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

board ghost

Postby ifear » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm

It had better still be in fucking black and white or so help me god I will lose my rag.
hi there how are you i will be your hexahedron for today

ifear

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon May 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I've decided I'm going to update this thread with announced genre remakes and rereleases.

The Original Battle Royale Being Converted to 3D

Nothing is sacred anymore. Nothing. This 3D craze is just going too far. It's one thing to take a modern film during this latest jump-off-the-screen phase and convert it into, well, let's face it, subpar 3D; but now that people are going back to films that were made years ago to give them the pop-up-book treatment, our stomachs are really starting to hurt.

According to Screen Daily Japanese studio Toei is preparing a 3D version of Kinji Fukasaku’s cult action thriller Battle Royale.

Fukasaku’s son, Kenta Fukasaku, is supervising the 2D to 3D conversion in Tokyo through his production company Fukasaku-Gumi. The 3D version of the original will be ready for market screenings in October and released in Japan on November 20th.

Why? Why must you torture us like this? What did we ever do to you but support your films? It hurts. It ... just ... hurts. Just as annoyed? Sound off below.

George A. Romero Remaking Dario Argento's Deep Red in 3D?

* 3D
* Dario Argento
* Deep Red
* George Romero
* Remakes

5Share

Okay, our minds are officially blown. Blown we tell you. The strangest and probably most interesting report out of Cannes today has come in the form of news that legendary filmmaker George Romero will be remaking the also legendary Dario Argento's Deep Red in 3D. Two words ... holy shit.

The story came today via Variety that Romero is indeed in advanced negotiations to helm a stereoscopic remake in English of Argento's cult classic splatterfest.

Claudio Argento, who is Dario's brother and regular producer, has penned the screenplay for Romero's redo. For those who don't remember or haven't seen Deep Red (for shame), dig on the video below to get one hell of an eyeful. Look for more on this soon as the plan is to start shooting the flick this fall in Canada.

Fright Night Remake Coming at Us in 3D?

* 3D
* Anton Yelchin
* Colin Farrell
* Craig Gillespie
* Dreamworks
* Fright Night
* Marti Noxon
* Remakes
* Toni Collette

5Share

Fright Night RemakeYou know what's sad? Here in the Dread Central offices we've always loved 3D. When used correctly, it's a campy and fun experience, but now Hollywood is looking to cram the effect down our throats any chance they get whether a movie is filmed in 3D or not. The next potential flick to get the jump off the screen treatment? The remake of the Tom Holland classic Fright Night. Sigh.

Buried in an article over on Variety are rumors of DreamWorks talking about bringing us the toothy redux in 3D. So the question beckons ... does that turn you on or off? Be heard below.

The new version, directed by Craig Gillespie, sticks to the original concept of a teen (Anton Yelchin) being convinced that his new neighbor is a vampire, though no one will believe him.

Colin Farrell has the plum role of the vampire, named Jerry, who on the surface appears to be a cool guy but is really preying on the neighborhood. Chris Sarandon played the role in the 1985 pic.

Toni Collette is Yelchin's mom, who at first disapproves of the new arrival but changes her attitude when she meets the magnetic man and -- surprise -- doesn't believe her son when he tries to tell her Jerry is a vampire.

Keep it here for more on Fright Night as it comes.

All from DreadCentral.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Dawn of the Dead 3D (likely straight to DVD):
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/37608/ ... -remake-3d

Kevin McCallister

Postby sleigh » Thu May 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Bob511 wrote:
Wizard of Oz Set for 3-D Remake wrote:Inspired by the box office success of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, executives at Warner Bros are pressing ahead with an update of the childhood classic.

The studio is weighing up two rival projects which take Frank Baum's original story as their starting point, and will be very different from the 1939 film starring Judy Garland.

The first is Oz, produced by the team behind the Twilight franchise and aimed at the teen market.

What's the other?
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 pm

ah -
The second, as-yet-untitled film has a darker tone and moves the action closer to the present day, with Dorothy's granddaughter returning to Oz to fight the forces of evil. The script has been written by Josh Olson, whose previous credits include David Cronenberg's A History of Violence.
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby the scofflaw » Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 pm

i think the coen bros. remake of "true grit" could be awesome.
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.

the scofflaw

Postby Fool » Thu May 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:
Baby Museum wrote:why not just re-release it?

Unfortunately I don't think Carpenter has the same pull as Ridley Scott.
Also, I don't think he gives a shit.

Yeah probably. They already remade Assault on precint 13 and the Fog...

oh shit i just looked him up and they have a remake of Escape from New York and They Live in the works. For fuck's sake

Fool

Postby Poptone » Fri May 21, 2010 12:13 am

Wonder if they keep all the gay themes in the Fright Night remake.

Poptone
cat fan

Postby cud nylon » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 am

i think we're due for a 976-EVIL remake.
cud nylon

Postby Poptone » Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 am

I was gonna suggest Night of the Demons, but then I googled and found out there is already is one.

Poptone
cat fan

Postby Jeremy » Fri May 21, 2010 1:04 am

I kind of think that as far as actual humans go Keanu Reeves is a good Spike Spiegel.

Jeremy

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm

evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby sectional » Fri May 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I wish somebody would remake All the Pretty Horses

sectional

Postby SNC » Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm

sleigh the jury wrote:ah -
The second, as-yet-untitled film has a darker tone and moves the action closer to the present day, with Dorothy's granddaughter returning to Oz to fight the forces of evil. The script has been written by Josh Olson, whose previous credits include David Cronenberg's A History of Violence.

Directed by drew barrymoore

SNC

Postby cud nylon » Tue May 25, 2010 7:14 pm

The writer of Vacancy is currently working on a script for the Martyrs remake. I can't see a Hollywood version retaining even a quarter of the gore. Probably will go with a different, straight forward ending as well. Whose wise idea was it to remake extreme gore foreign films for American audiences? The people who care about genre movies have already seen it and won't bother with a toned down remake.

cud nylon

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley