HPN Destiny clan

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby kylie minogue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 am

i got my gold ship for doing all 3 solstice sets

game is still really fun (on pc)
hahaha mad me chuckle that

kylie minogue

Postby tonybricker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Mandingo wrote:I still play quite a bit of d2 on ps4.

pvp is better than before only in the sense that it's not as much of a team shot fest as it used to be. To me, it's actually pretty aggravating as it's basically nothing but half measures. we're still stuck with the base problems with pvp that this game launched with. right now it's 3 primary exotics kill much faster than any other primary weapons and more power ammo being held by a couple of people running around the map. There simply shouldn't be rockets in ANY game mode untill there's been enough time for people to also get supers. right now all a team has to do to win is camp power. that's it.

Really wish power/heavy ammo would just revert back to d1 entirely. there's no need for it anymore as special weapons will be plentiful in d2 come forsaken. Drop it once per match. Everybody around it gets it and chaos reign supreme for like 30 seconds and then the game goes back to normal.

There simply shouldn't be rockets in ANY game mode untill there's been enough time for people to also get supers. right now all a team has to do to win is camp power. that's it.

also frankly hunters are in a shit spot rn. arcstrider can be okay sometimes, but is easily outclassed by every titan roaming super. the only super in the game that's weaker rn is stormtrance. wormhusk crown is the only thing hunters have over any other class and frankly the ease with which both warlocks and titans can gain overshields make it totally fair as far as i'm concerned.

I often get wrecked by arcstriders pirouetting their way from the other side of the map and absorbing 1000000 bullets and just barely not dying in time to kill me

I don't see the problem with rockets, they are easy kills but only ever get one shot..? A good sniper or crafty sword/grenade launcher user will rack more kills than somebody using rockets

tonybricker

Postby kylie minogue » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 am

i prestiged valor twice using the tractor cannon

genuinely have enjoyed pvp a lot since the change to 6v6

kylie minogue

Postby Mandingo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:57 am

I've done it twice as well. almost hit a third time before i went to back to borderlands 2 until forsaken is out.

idk bricker. I think it's pretty telling that most hunters are running one tree of subclass. It's the only one that gets you even close to the same level of the other classes. nightstalker can be nasty in mayhem but in general play it's fairly useless for an average player. in large part it's because both nightstalker and gunslinger didn't get touched in a significant way the way ALL titans and warlocks did. they're still in vanilla d2 levels for all intents and purposes. hunter movement in general is skill at that level as well. idk man. they need buffs imo.

I think having power/heavy weapons at the start of the game and sprinkled throughout is the wrong move instead of just once per match. It makes it way to easy to dominate the game early. For example, in control it's way to easy to just fire a rocket onto a control point. you can achieve the same thing with a shotgun or a sniper but it requires a lot more skill than just firing a rocket.

Mandingo

Postby tonybricker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Mandingo wrote:I've done it twice as well. almost hit a third time before i went to back to borderlands 2 until forsaken is out.

idk bricker. I think it's pretty telling that most hunters are running one tree of subclass. It's the only one that gets you even close to the same level of the other classes. nightstalker can be nasty in mayhem but in general play it's fairly useless for an average player. in large part it's because both nightstalker and gunslinger didn't get touched in a significant way the way ALL titans and warlocks did. they're still in vanilla d2 levels for all intents and purposes. hunter movement in general is skill at that level as well. idk man. they need buffs imo.

I think having power/heavy weapons at the start of the game and sprinkled throughout is the wrong move instead of just once per match. It makes it way to easy to dominate the game early. For example, in control it's way to easy to just fire a rocket onto a control point. you can achieve the same thing with a shotgun or a sniper but it requires a lot more skill than just firing a rocket.

yeah a rocket is definitely able to clear out a control point easier than a shotgun, I was thinking more in terms of just "ability to get kills"

power weapons at the start of the game is dumb, I agree. Sprinkled throughout is ok, but it shouldn't be competing with other priorities / allowing teams to jump to huge leads from the get-go. So many awesome comebacks in D1 were because of the power weapons spawning in the middle of the match and turning the tide

tonybricker

Postby iambic » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 pm

surly and I played some Destiny 2 last night

it's amazing how shallow and compulsive this dumb game is

iambic

Postby tonybricker » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:58 pm

iambic wrote:surly and I played some Destiny 2 last night

I have been replaying all of Destiny2 with my hunter, trying to get it levelled up before Forsaken...if anybody is in a similar situation and wants to join forces on PS4 let's do it

tonybricker

Postby matt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:07 pm

holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeit 2.0 is fun

matt

Postby ZONKER » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:13 pm

tonybricker wrote:
iambic wrote:surly and I played some Destiny 2 last night

I have been replaying all of Destiny2 with my hunter, trying to get it levelled up before Forsaken...if anybody is in a similar situation and wants to join forces on PS4 let's do it

Im Almost done with Yakuza and have been considering getting back into D2... pretty sure I have the season pass, when I bought it I assumed I would be playing every day for months like the first one instead of 2 or 3.
Image Image Image Image Image
Shotfrog wrote:These horrible, despicable people make it so far in life, and last night I was eating kraft mac and cheese straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.

ZONKER

Postby kirito » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 pm

this is free on PS4 right now
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby Mandingo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:39 am

vanilla d2 will give a good idea if you're gonna like the game. It does have more depth in some the expansions but it's really not that much and forsaken will expand that out a lot more but it'll still be lightweight when compared to other similar games.

Mandingo

Postby kylie minogue » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 am

the raids are basically what elevates it above similar and mechanically deeper games

you can have a good time blasting around for 50+ hours doing single player and solo endgame stuff but you've got to get your hands dirty to see why it's worth 500+ hours

kylie minogue

Postby Mandingo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:44 am

really hoping the dreaming city brings back the feel of the d1 ones. I enjoy leviathan for what it is, but everytime i go back and i play wrath or vog I'm just entranced by it. Argos was the closest to that for me, but it was just to short.

anyone play gambit? overall I really like the game mode, but i wish they had capped the amount of times a player can invade to once per round so that way you actually had to be tactical about it and not just spam it all the freaking time. great concept, but it needs some work

really like the sandbox changes overall as well. The changes were needed but it wasn't a complete reverse to d1. I like that it's mostly just an increase to crit damage so it's reward you hitting your shots. So far mida, better devils, jade rabbit, inaugural address and autumn wind are my go tos. Snipers feel better than they have since y1 of d1. can't wait for random rolls in forsaken to really start building up my collection again.

ammo changes are really nice. spawning with two shots and dropping it on death is a much better solution that either the power weapon or losing it all on death like it was at the end of d1.

I still think bungie needs to drastic buff hunters. I think the other classes far outshine them and the nerfs given to things like orpheus rig and radien flux only have hurt those classes tremendously.

bleh

Mandingo

Postby tonybricker » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Mandingo wrote:really hoping the dreaming city brings back the feel of the d1 ones. I enjoy leviathan for what it is, but everytime i go back and i play wrath or vog I'm just entranced by it. Argos was the closest to that for me, but it was just to short.

anyone play gambit? overall I really like the game mode, but i wish they had capped the amount of times a player can invade to once per round so that way you actually had to be tactical about it and not just spam it all the freaking time. great concept, but it needs some work

really like the sandbox changes overall as well. The changes were needed but it wasn't a complete reverse to d1. I like that it's mostly just an increase to crit damage so it's reward you hitting your shots. So far mida, better devils, jade rabbit, inaugural address and autumn wind are my go tos. Snipers feel better than they have since y1 of d1. can't wait for random rolls in forsaken to really start building up my collection again.

ammo changes are really nice. spawning with two shots and dropping it on death is a much better solution that either the power weapon or losing it all on death like it was at the end of d1.

I still think bungie needs to drastic buff hunters. I think the other classes far outshine them and the nerfs given to things like orpheus rig and radien flux only have hurt those classes tremendously.

bleh

I'm still using Vigiliance Wing almost exclusively, it hadn't occurred to me to give MIDA another shot, it was 100% my go-to for most of my Destiny PvP-playing career

Jade Rabbit is lethal in Crucible right now in spite of so many articles saying it has a godawful TTK. I believe in the evidence (which is me getting killed a lot by it)

tonybricker

Postby Mandingo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:52 am

I have a masterworked jade rabbit. it basically eliminates all the recoil of the weapon and makes hitting crits REALLY fucking easy from some insane distances. also being able to three tap crit from those distances is REALLY strong.

You should totally be running mida dude. it's d1 levels of beastly right now.

Mandingo

Postby Mandingo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:54 am

also bricker i sent you an invite to my clan. it's fairly active but small. I can't guarantee you'll always have people to play with, but at least you'll get clan rewards and stuff.

Mandingo

Postby kylie minogue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 am

took down 1 of the 5 escapees and i'm enjoying forsaken

basically it's more destiny, with all the pros (new stuff, cool bows) and cons (materials, artificial gating)

kylie minogue

Postby iambic » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am

the artifical gating was some of the stuff that bothers me the most, especially the deceitful shit, like having diminishing returns for just randomly grinding an area, or fucking with xp gain

if people want to zone out for an hours doing public events, chests, the little side-errands or whatever, just let them do that, don't taper the rewards

iambic

Postby kylie minogue » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:49 am

you now have a number that goes up when you achieve certain milestones in nonsense grinding so i guess there's something for people there, along with random rolls

even as someone who put way too much time into year 1, i do appreciate that making meaningful progression is never outside the reach of the folk who can only play a few hours a week

kylie minogue

Postby Mandingo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am

I've probably put about 3600 hours into the franchise as as a whole across d1 and d2 on both pc and ps4. I gotta say as someone with those kinds of times... this really feels like a pretty great combination of both games. this kinda feels like the game that we were promised with both d1 and d2. it only took bungie five years to get there.

obviously still kinda on the hype train but right now? this feels a lot like d1 with all of the quality of life improvements that d2 brought. frankly, in a lot of ways, it's vastly superior to d1 on most levels. weapon slots are so much better. special ammo economy in pvp is SO much better.

there are some outliers that frankly will need to be nailed down (invasion spammers, insurmountable skullfort, etc) but on the whole, this is pretty great. and this'll fall under artificial gating but i really really wish that bounties didn't disappear after a day. i get that they're daily bounties and such but yeah.

Mandingo

Postby Tetradyne » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Hey send me a clan invite, been wanting to get back in and my current clan is inactive: I’m i_cry_daily on PS4

Tetradyne

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Don’t take my insurmountable skullfort. Most fun I’ve ever had with destiny
tim
whatabout tim

Postby kylie minogue » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 am

aside from all the weird bugs and sleeper spam in gambit, this really is great

finished off petra's bounties in the dc and the environments you end up going to are so nice to look at

kylie minogue

Postby ZONKER » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:43 pm

So I just booted this up after almost a year, wtf am I doing??? Everything is subtly different and raising light level of weapons needs more new materials? Guess ill just hop down somewhere and start killing

Edit I thought my expansion pass covered forsaken but I guess not.....
Image Image Image Image Image
Shotfrog wrote:These horrible, despicable people make it so far in life, and last night I was eating kraft mac and cheese straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.

ZONKER

Postby kylie minogue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:08 am

the changes to the economy have mostly meant i avoided just sticking with the same loadout in forsaken although i did go back to midnight coup for the 5 kills in gambit

kylie minogue

Postby Mandingo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am

i'm basically refusing to use anything that was from year 1

exceptions for weapons that returned with random rolls like better devils. for the five invader kills i used a really nasty one i got that has rangefinder and kill clip on it

Mandingo

Postby Ill-Advised Webinar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Is there a PC clan? My username is oldhorizon

Just made the switch from PS4 to PC and I have no friends and am at 500LL, so it's time to grind strikes and what not.

Ill-Advised Webinar

Postby kirito » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 pm

i'm back in. just finished most of the curse of osiris stuff and getting started with warmind. would have been kind of disappointed with osiris if i didn't have two more expansions left to play but it still had fun parts and the strikes are good. the area is just so small with so little to do and the color palette is literally blinding.

kinda sucks that my guy went from looking cool to using mostly blues and looking like a dork. not crazy about how expensive infusion is now but at least it's making me use other stuff.
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby kirito » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:25 pm

is pvp good now?

kirito

Postby MikeS » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Finally played the base game because it was free for ps plus users. It was even more disappointing than I expected. My hope for destiny when it was released with a ten year plan was it was going to follow a similar path as world of warcraft, where I could take the same character through ten years of content. Instead I was leveling up all the previous abilities that I had unlocked in the original. In addition some of the legendary loot was exactly the same as d1.

Destiny is frustrating because it does so many things right as far as world building and gun play, but then fails at loot and story building.

Also a minor complaint is the fact that you can’t disable aim assistance on console.
MikeS

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley