HPN Destiny clan

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby loadletter » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 pm

i got to level 19 over the last 2 nights and it feels like im nearing the end of the campaign, which is perfect because i really wanna start grinding endgame shit

echoing the sentiments that the game actually feels big, im sure part of it is that i havent had a sparrow drop for me yet, so im walkin everywhereToggle Spoiler

can't wait to see what the raid's going to be
loadletter
discount chandelier

Postby all day breakfast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:39 pm

so as far as i understand i should hold off on grabbing the exotic engram that zavala offers at the end of the campaign until ive boosted my power within nightfall range?
all day breakfast

Postby unome » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Dang I haven't had much time to play and everyone is passing me by :(

Tonight it's on!
unome

Postby endless dave » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:16 pm

all day breakfast wrote:so as far as i understand i should hold off on grabbing the exotic engram that zavala offers at the end of the campaign until ive boosted my power within nightfall range?

I think you only need shards to bump the power level of exotic gear and I've been finding they aren't too hard to come by and I'm not even at end game yet. like I had that exotic armor and weapon from the other planetary story missions and I've just bumped them up now that I'm getting purple drops

related is one thing that I didn't know I was enjoying until it was pointed out by a podcast- every item only has one use. a square peg only fits into a square hole. none of this balancing materials and parts and shards and motes and whatever to spread across the three different things they controlled, which is such a no-brainer QoL upgrade that it sort of makes me mad it didn't happen earlier
endless dave

Postby unome » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:29 am

This game is boring :( it's like some Rift game I tried on pc you just run around doing boring missions and grinding
unome

Postby Beaver King » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:54 am

I like the game, I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing, but it sure is satisfying collecting better weapons and taking those shits out with much more aiming ease
Beaver King
ok

Postby kirito » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:00 am

should i get this if i hated the destiny 1 beta but i fucking love halo
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:20 am

the campaign was basically halo, with vehicle set pieces and everything. it felt p good as long as you didn't really think about it too much, the character writing was a real kick in the balls after having come from finishing up the last of witcher 3 though

the pvp is clearly tuned towards halo-esque balance this time around too, 4v4 and slower-paced gunplay that favours team shooting and tactical movement. im actually into this now ive adjusted and now that the gun-feel seems improved from the beta, i think

i think you should give it a bash
Last edited by all day breakfast on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
all day breakfast

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 am

i like that to save the world you basically have to dunk a basketballToggle Spoiler
all day breakfast

Postby kirito » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:20 am

thanks for that write up, will probably be in on ps4 in the next few weeks
kirito

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:23 am

some neogaf dude wrote:Got my first character to 284 nearly 285 in about 30 hours of play time. Here's my method:

Always decrypt legendary and exotic engrams right away. They dont increase in power level when you do so if you dont use them they become worthless for power level gain. This does NOT include the engrams that are REWARDS feom quest chains/milestones. Those scale, so save them for the end. Mainly referring to the guaranteed exotic from the main story for this.

DO NOT do milestones until you are over 265. They are the best way apart from Nightfall to get gear over 270.

1. Once you are level 20, get to around 250 Power from blue drops from public events and any engrams you get along the way. Stockpile all the faction rewards turnins during this time. Lost sectors are good too for blue farming up to 250, and quick/easy. Strikes are fine but not time efficient.

2. 250-265 - Use your faction rewards turnins one at a time (tokens on planets, weapons parts to Shaxx). Check the gear you get against your current gear and wear it if its higher. If your current gear DOES have a +5 mod on it and the new gear DOES NOT, infuse the new gear into the current gear to get the highest light possible. This should get you to 265-267 easily if you stockpiled faction rewards. Try to make sure your energy weapon and power weapon arent exotic due to next step. If you got any +5 purple weapon/armor mods while turning in faction rewards, put them on any gear slots that dont have one if possible. SEE MY OTHER INFO BELOW THIS LIGHT GUIDE FOR AN EXPLANATION ON MAXIMIZING +5 MODS FOR LIGHT GAIN.

3. Once 265-267, claim the exotic from beating the campaign, then do your first exotic primary weapon quest.That will bump you to 267-269 assuming you have a few 270 pieces already (265 gear with a +5 mod).

4. NOW do 1-2 milestones. Again, only turn in one at a time and check the rewards against your current gear, making sure to maximize based on any pieces that have the +5 mods. Make sure to join a clan for the clan milestone.

5. Do a 2nd exotic weapon quest after 1-2 milestones if you didnt get a higher light primary than the 1st exotic. SAVE your favorite exotic quest for last. There are four, one from each planet, but the final one requires the raid to finish. I waited to get my mida muti tool (my 3rd exotic quest) until I hit 283 light and it dropped at 293. That is what brought me to the upper half of 284 (and allows me to USE my trusty mida).

6. Finish off your milestones and claim them, again one at a time to maximize gains. This includes the nightfall, which drops high gear once a week per class in addition to being the end of a milestone path as well.

7. Do your 3rd and final (for now) exotic primary quest. Ideally you saved your favorite for last. See step 5. I saved my MIDA quest for this step.

Doing this I was able to get to 284, two points shy of 285, on my first character without creating alts to re-do nightfall and whatnot.
all day breakfast

Postby john plainman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:25 am

First map is so weirdly structured. The static overworked spawns and corridors leading to dead ends make things feel so falsely dreamlike. There's cabal and fallen fighting right outside the church but they'll never enter it. Dev will just sit up there watching them fight until the end of time. I get that it's MMO-placement, but it's always jarring in an FPS.

I also can't help but nitpick about drop ships when fighting waves. It's funny when one is arriving like every 10 seconds to drop off a wave of 3-4. I know that's only because I'm level 5 but still, this game is clearly somewhat focused on cinematic immersion but they still haven't figured out how to hide the seams.

I also find the lore/worldbuilding incomprehensible but its leagues better than vanilla. Idk, it'll be a fun chaser for my STALKER obsession while I wait for the new update for the MISERY mod which is like 3 years in the making now
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby ZONKER » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 am

all day breakfast wrote:
some neogaf dude wrote:Got my first character to 284 nearly 285 in about 30 hours of play time. Here's my method:

Always decrypt legendary and exotic engrams right away. They dont increase in power level when you do so if you dont use them they become worthless for power level gain. This does NOT include the engrams that are REWARDS feom quest chains/milestones. Those scale, so save them for the end. Mainly referring to the guaranteed exotic from the main story for this.

DO NOT do milestones until you are over 265. They are the best way apart from Nightfall to get gear over 270.

1. Once you are level 20, get to around 250 Power from blue drops from public events and any engrams you get along the way. Stockpile all the faction rewards turnins during this time. Lost sectors are good too for blue farming up to 250, and quick/easy. Strikes are fine but not time efficient.

2. 250-265 - Use your faction rewards turnins one at a time (tokens on planets, weapons parts to Shaxx). Check the gear you get against your current gear and wear it if its higher. If your current gear DOES have a +5 mod on it and the new gear DOES NOT, infuse the new gear into the current gear to get the highest light possible. This should get you to 265-267 easily if you stockpiled faction rewards. Try to make sure your energy weapon and power weapon arent exotic due to next step. If you got any +5 purple weapon/armor mods while turning in faction rewards, put them on any gear slots that dont have one if possible. SEE MY OTHER INFO BELOW THIS LIGHT GUIDE FOR AN EXPLANATION ON MAXIMIZING +5 MODS FOR LIGHT GAIN.

3. Once 265-267, claim the exotic from beating the campaign, then do your first exotic primary weapon quest.That will bump you to 267-269 assuming you have a few 270 pieces already (265 gear with a +5 mod).

4. NOW do 1-2 milestones. Again, only turn in one at a time and check the rewards against your current gear, making sure to maximize based on any pieces that have the +5 mods. Make sure to join a clan for the clan milestone.

5. Do a 2nd exotic weapon quest after 1-2 milestones if you didnt get a higher light primary than the 1st exotic. SAVE your favorite exotic quest for last. There are four, one from each planet, but the final one requires the raid to finish. I waited to get my mida muti tool (my 3rd exotic quest) until I hit 283 light and it dropped at 293. That is what brought me to the upper half of 284 (and allows me to USE my trusty mida).

6. Finish off your milestones and claim them, again one at a time to maximize gains. This includes the nightfall, which drops high gear once a week per class in addition to being the end of a milestone path as well.

7. Do your 3rd and final (for now) exotic primary quest. Ideally you saved your favorite for last. See step 5. I saved my MIDA quest for this step.

Doing this I was able to get to 284, two points shy of 285, on my first character without creating alts to re-do nightfall and whatnot.

Cool, thanks for this.

I'm like level 15 and around 100 Light, should I just keep doing story stuff until I hit the cap and follow that guide to max my gains? I'm guessing yeah since I just started getting purple drops and my first exotic off Zavala. And sparrows are a drop now? I need to find a beginners guide but I got in on the ground floor with this so I have time to make changes
Image Image Image Image Image
kid8 wrote:mail me all of your drugs and give me your dick and soul.
ZONKER

Postby Mandingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:00 am

zonker, yeah I'd highly suggest finishing the campaign. THO farming public events is a great way to get leveled up with blues

I think you can get a sparrow from a bright engram but those won't start showing up until after you're max level. you do get a sparrow once you've completed the campaign
Mandingo

Postby tonybricker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:02 pm

so...basically don't do any story stuff in order to avoid milestones and just grind public events until you are at 265?

I'm a 20/205 or so and just figured out that I could turn in tokens for purple gear, which I immediately did because I was THIRSTY for purple weapons, have had exactly zero purple drops from hours of grinding. But I'm sure I will level past all of my cool new purple stuff in the next hour of gameplay :cry:
tonybricker

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 pm

ive been grinding publics for a good couple hours today and @ 222, has felt like p slow progression though. got most of my milestones done and ready to hand in once progression comes to a halt.
all day breakfast

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 pm

tonybricker wrote:so...basically don't do any story stuff in order to avoid milestones and just grind public events until you are at 265?

ive started getting more purple engrams as drops as my power raises ~ which are fine to immediately cash in
all day breakfast

Postby tonybricker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 pm

all day breakfast wrote:ive been grinding publics for a good couple hours today and @ 222, has felt like p slow progression though. got most of my milestones done and ready to hand in once progression comes to a halt.

so - can you do milestones and just not collect the rewards until your light is up high? Or is the level of the reward based on where your light is at when you get it?

I hope your method is right because it means I can continue with the story, sit on a stash of rewards, and not worry about light levels
tonybricker

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 pm

yeah, they're all hand ins so its fine to complete the tasks. the engram rewards' level scales up until you collect ~ hence why i've also held off from picking the exotic from the end of the campaign until i hit 250-265
all day breakfast

Postby miss black america » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:21 pm

i guess there's minute-efficient min-maxing but i've just been playing the game and got up to ll257 with no trouble and loads of stuff still to do
hahaha mad me chuckle that
miss black america

Postby all day breakfast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:32 pm

lol
all day breakfast

Postby kirito » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 am

this game slays, add me on psn: brownblueshoes
kirito

Postby Mandingo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:00 am

Super disappointed that the tractor cannon does not push people in your direteam around.
Mandingo

Postby all day breakfast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:02 am

all day breakfast

Postby miss black america » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:30 am

all day breakfast, you're gombreak right?

as the only other person who's gmt and in the endgame grind, we need to get together
miss black america

Postby all day breakfast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:12 am

i am yeah.

lets do it :) i'll be on a bit later
all day breakfast

Postby Man From Laramie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:37 am

i'm gmt too. i might be a little behind you guys as i'm just on the last story mission. i'm captainjazz on PSN.
Man From Laramie

Postby miss black america » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 am

the more the merrier

i've not actually done any of the strikes yet so i've got no problem doing the immediate post-story stuff
miss black america

Postby beave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 am

Finally get a day off so I can actually play the game and there's 4 hours of downtime for maintenance (and they ALWAYS go over the announced time) :(
beave

Postby all day breakfast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:26 am

wow i should probably have been doing all the orange icon missions id missed on the map earlier rather than 100% grinding PEs
all day breakfast

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All