HPN Destiny clan

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby gordie blue eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 am

I peeked in on some of the raid and yup i think i may be too dumb for this one rn
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby lust » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm at that point where I've seen enough of it to have a general idea of what's going on but I haven't totally ruined it by spoiling all if the mechanics for each encounter. Should play it before that happens. I hit 270 today and I don't think I'm getting much further than that without doing a nightfall or the raid. Exotics haven't been dropping for me like it seems they have for others. Gotten 7 or 8 with two repeat drops. Have an awesome fusion that speeds up the charge rate between shots that don't kill an enemy. Melts elites and majors. Love this dumb game.
lust

Postby john plainman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 pm

i started enjoying this so much more once i hit level 20
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:21 pm

just unlocked the arc subclass for warlock and that force lightning is simply nasty
john plainman

Postby beave » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 pm

matt wrote:so with the new clan system, if a fireteam comprised of at least 50% clan members complete's the raid, everybody in the clan will get a power level 10 engram from hawthorne that contains one of the raid weapons / armor pieces. This can happen every week. The same, I think, will be true for trials.

Oh man it took five minutes for battlelines to be drawn on this development and I'll let you guess the immediate argument against it and the type of person making it
beave

Postby ZONKER » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 am

Anyone doing the Rock*Star Energy Drink Official Destiny 2 Promotion? I have 3 out of 4 EDIT blue :( engrams saved up for this week already and am wondering if I should pop them now or wait until 250 light (I'm at like 220).

I'm dumb and didn't realize that the class on the can isn't for the character you're playing just the Grand Prize, so I've been drinking the gross fruit punch R*S instead of the far superior original flavor.
Last edited by ZONKER on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
kid8 wrote:mail me all of your drugs and give me your dick and soul.
ZONKER

Postby milknight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 am

Engrams dont scale afaik so u should just pop them. They have a set level on them if u look.
milknight

Postby milknight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 am

Hit 226 last night. Also i got an exotic weapon from a legendary engram does that happen or did i get the most awesome glitch of all time??
milknight

Postby ZONKER » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am

I've heard of that happening year one, think it also happened to me once but I always stacked my engrams and rapidly decrypted them so who knows

What'd you get???
ZONKER

Postby beave » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:27 am

It happens. You'll also get legendaries from blue engrams
beave

Postby ZONKER » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:03 pm

That has definitely happened to me before, for sure.

Just hit 232 light and counting today, haven't even done a strike yet since I'm trying to finish off all the campaign shit first. It's taking a while since I hop onto every public event I see in front of me.

Also did my second lost loot cave today, didn't realize that one was in the campaign. Those are fun but pretty easy, think I'll start farming those instead of public events for a while since it's difficult without a fireteam, especially if you're trying to smash the heroic ones. Lots of good guides to figure out how to proc a public event into heroic if ya google it.

It sucks how rare drops are at/above above your light level and legendaries are almost always a couple points ahead - I get excited thinking that purps boost my light up a bunch and always forget I'm mainly gonna get blues which have a far slower rate of growth :-/ ahhh well, tis the fate of the Destiny grind
ZONKER

Postby milknight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:00 pm

ZONKER wrote:I've heard of that happening year one, think it also happened to me once but I always stacked my engrams and rapidly decrypted them so who knows

What'd you get???

got a sunshot which is a sick pistol that makes ppl explode
milknight

Postby milknight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 pm

titan seems to be the easiest place to farm public events so far
milknight

Postby john plainman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah that walker event is so fast/easy
john plainman

Postby kirito » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:04 pm

warlock hunger attunement is fucking insane
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby john plainman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Is that the one with devour? I've been using that. So easy to chain and stay at full health.
john plainman

Postby ZONKER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:57 am

It's pretty OP in PvE, not that I'm complaining since I p much only play voidwalker. It ramps up the intensity of a lot of matchups for me since it's a race to see who can do more DPS before dying, very exhilarating.

Also, XUR IS BACK! His location is super easy to find, he's on Nessus. Kinda weak pickings for my warlock but I grabbed the chest piece anyways because it looks so cool, and I need to start diversifying my play styles for when I/GAP Earth starts to do more raids/strikes together.

Anyone try to find those treasure spots that Cayde sells after you finish the campaign? I bought the Nessus ones he's selling and I'm trying to figure out if they disappear after you find them, cuz I keep opening chests and I'm not sure if it's just normal everyday chests I'm getting or if it's the spades on the map.

Also what are those little symbols on all the maps that aren't lost caves? I've been looking out for them posted up on walls/anywhere really and can't figure out for the life of me what they're supposed to represent. The objects you can investigate with Ghost that adds some flavor dialogue for whatever level your on?

Last thing, I'm at 240 light and I think my favorite thing about this game compared to the first is the verticality. I know it's off putting for some, but I think it's really cool you have to check out up down and all around you for enemies/loot/where to go next. I can already tell I'm prolly gonna be playing this for a long long time.

If you haven't added me yet, PS4: xHELLAKAWAIIx420 - I don't have a mic right now tho I can hear what you say
ZONKER

Postby john plainman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm

I think the symbols represent the different aliens zones

Like the two semi circles with the dot represent fallen
The one that looks like a ghost is for the Vex
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:17 pm

I did some googling and it looks like my legendary auto rifle origin story is one of the best right now? i was slaying in the crucible with it
john plainman

Postby ZONKER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:38 pm

john plainman wrote:I think the symbols represent the different aliens zones

Like the two semi circles with the dot represent fallen
The one that looks like a ghost is for the Vex

Oh that makes a lot of sense.

To answer my question with Cayde's treasure hunt, the chests have the same symbol on them as they do on the map, and will go away once you find them.

Just got an exotic engram out of one!!!!! E:Fighting Lion, a delayed detonated grenade launcher in the energy weapon slot :shock:Toggle Spoiler
ZONKER

Postby ZONKER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Also, anyone notice that if you aim down the sights with some hand cannons you can lightly press down R2 without firing and watch the hammer cock back/chamber rotate back and forth????
ZONKER

Postby Mandingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Sorry not spoiler tagging this because everyone needs to see it.
BUY MERCILESS NOW FROM XUR RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO. THIS IS BASICALLY THE BEST POWER WEAPON IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW FOR PVE.

anyway yeah

It's totally worth doing all the cayde's chest. Especially since you can get faction weapons from them.I got a New Monarchy scout & Future War Cult auto rifle from them this weekToggle Spoiler. Let me know how fighting lion is zonker. I've heard mixed things.

yeah auto rifles are in the best spot right now. Origin Story just has Rampage and it's just ridiculous. The fact that the damage actually stacks is the part that blows me away. Scathelocke is a decent substitute.

my go to for crucible is lincoln green. it's a super fast firing pulse rifle. reminds me of clever dragon & grasp of malok. It's not the best gun by a wide margin, but it's what i like. And weirdly enough I've actually been playing a lot of crucible lately with my clan. It's actually pretty fun now.
Mandingo

Postby Mandingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

ZONKER wrote:Also, anyone notice that if you aim down the sights with some hand cannons you can lightly press down R2 without firing and watch the hammer cock back/chamber rotate back and forth????

Not to be THAT GUY but this was also in d1. It's really fucking cool tho.
Mandingo

Postby tonybricker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Mandingo wrote:Sorry not spoiler tagging this because everyone needs to see it.
BUY MERCILESS NOW FROM XUR RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO. THIS IS BASICALLY THE BEST POWER WEAPON IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW FOR PVE.

anyway yeah

It's totally worth doing all the cayde's chest. Especially since you can get faction weapons from them.I got a New Monarchy scout & Future War Cult auto rifle from them this weekToggle Spoiler. Let me know how fighting lion is zonker. I've heard mixed things.

yeah auto rifles are in the best spot right now. Origin Story just has Rampage and it's just ridiculous. The fact that the damage actually stacks is the part that blows me away. Scathelocke is a decent substitute.

my go to for crucible is lincoln green. it's a super fast firing pulse rifle. reminds me of clever dragon & grasp of malok. It's not the best gun by a wide margin, but it's what i like. And weirdly enough I've actually been playing a lot of crucible lately with my clan. It's actually pretty fun now.

are there factions in D2? I just finished the campaign last night and thought they might show up at that point, but nope. Some of my most beloved weapons in D1 were from FWC
tonybricker

Postby ZONKER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 pm

So I just bought wings of a sacred dawn from Xur, then turned in my flashpoint milestone to Cayde and got a legendary engram that decrypted into an EXOTIC!!!! it was another wings :cry:Toggle Spoiler

so goes the grind
ZONKER

Postby all day breakfast » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm

factions are coming in a week or two i believe, til then there's the individual reputation vendors
all day breakfast

Postby Mandingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm

tonybricker, not right now. There is, however, an event in two weeks called Faction Rally that will involve dead orbit, future war cult and new monarchy. Whether they stay after that idk or it might be a monthly thing?Toggle Spoiler

Yeah, anyway
i dunno if anyone uses the 100.io for finding matchmaking but I'm doing a run at 9pm pst and i could use three people. sadly probably have to limit it to 260-265 as minimum power.

https://www.the100.io/game/1030987
Mandingo

Postby Mandingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

well i spoiler tagged that shit for no reason

i am so smart
Mandingo

Postby john plainman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Does anyone use sidearms? I can't seem to figure out a way to make them worth more than a pulse/scout.

Also, I have no idea how energy types work or how you know what they're effective against. Every type seems to take shields down in a few hits regardless of color matching or not.
john plainman

Postby ZONKER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:26 pm

I've always hated sidearms for the most part, they're like a weaker hand cannon unless they're exotic and have some kinda cool gimmick.

Red = solar
Blue = arc
Purple = void
For enemy shields, the corresponding energy type does more damage to whatever shield color it matches obvi. Although you're right in that it doesn't seem to really matter atm, I'm sure a balancing fix is coming for this sooner or later tho.
ZONKER

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All