Rupaul's Frack Race

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby john plainman » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

how do you all watch this so quickly, where are the linksss

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Fri May 18, 2018 1:07 am

RIXX wrote:
john plainman wrote:Yes it seems that way. It was really obvious when they edited miz crackers untucked comment to aquaria about being overly confident into two statements with aquaria’s “wait what?” In the middle, but then after the commercial break they showed cracker’s statement without the cut. It was weird and bad!

This season seems the most scripted or producer-influenced to me

i just watched cracker's review ep this week and it sounds like her comment to aquaria was prompted by something said in the van that drives the girls over from the hotel in the morning. that i guess the NYC girls huddled in the van to talk and asia expressed how worried she was and aquaria basically did the overconfidence non sequitur in response

i guess that's why it looks like such an unprompted confrontation from miz cracker in the episode

yeah that makes sense. i was referring to the editing specifically, they did it in a way that played up aquaria's aloofness and it was just a little too much pulling back the curtain for me

john plainman

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:10 am

it just got released on the aus streaming service stan which ppl have just for twin peaks and rupaul
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

DRAGONS 666
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 am

i just want to say one more thing.................

(goes on for an hour)

DRAGONS 666

Postby rixx » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 am

john plainman wrote:how do you all watch this so quickly, where are the linksss

i watch it live w/ directv now, but i am about to upload the episode to the hipinion dropbox right now

rixx

Postby rixx » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 am

rixx

Postby rixx » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 am

i've lost so much interest in this back half of the season. the producers seem really hellbent on making eureka happen, so i guess that's how it's gonna be

rixx

Postby Kenny » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 am

Yeah, tbh this season hasn't really captured me like 9 or 8 did. I don't really even think anybody should win except that I hope Eureka doesn't but I think she will.

It's kind of funny that the most iconic thing of the season was in episode 1 with Miss Vanjie's exit
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby oh! it's max! » Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 am

i was super excited during the first few episodes this season, but yeah now it’s just kind of.. there. i honestly don’t even know who I’m rooting for which is weird. maybe Asia.
seriously.

oh! it's max!

Postby rixx » Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am

episode is in hpn dropbox

rixx

Postby aoife » Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 pm

RIXX wrote:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
As a bunch of us in this thread alone recognized, last week should have been a double shante. Now, last night's LSFYL was that good, but it just seems like the producers are doing everything they can to push Eureka into the top three.
The Vixen should still be on the show, if they needed to stretch out the season like that. I am not pleased about this.

My episode recap, and Untucked recap here: https://realityrecapweb.wordpress.com

aoife

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Eureka fucking sucks. This episode was SHIT.

~*courteous sage*~

Location: Hmm. Are you familiar with the term "executive dysfunction?"

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Rupaul finale of just eureka posting all lives matter

DRAGONS 666

Postby Alexis » Fri May 18, 2018 2:53 pm

its getting to be that time where once its 5 people they bring 5 eliminated queens to compete for a spot on the show again but idk if they will do it this season or not
but damn i do not want Eureka in the top 3 although im sure she will
maybe they will do a top 4 finale like last year?

Alexis

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Fri May 18, 2018 3:01 pm

They absolutely LOVE Asia, huh. I think she'll definitely (undeservedly) win.
Eureka can get fucked.
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.

Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby lightfoot » Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm

monet should have won but whatever

eureka deserves to be top 3

lightfoot

Postby landspeedrecord » Fri May 18, 2018 5:01 pm

yeah I too thought monet should have won this week

the race is wide open, I have no idea who's gonna win. I don't feel too strongly either positively or negatively about any of the queens. eureka is my least favorite personality, but I don't think she's the weakest performer in this group. everyone has been so inconsistent!

after the vixen's moment with monet last week I was sorta hoping she wouldn't get eliminated. this week's lipsync felt like producer interference. it's clear they want to keep eureka around, and it feels forced

I guess I'm rooting for asia, monet, cracker, & kameron to be the final 4

no one feels like they should be the winner though. I haven't seen much growth. monet has been much better after a rocky start, asia has a beautiful personality but other than a couple of challenges and runways I have been immensely underwhelmed, cracker has gone downhill since the first few episodes, kameron has had flashes but I like her more in theory for being the muscle queen than the actuality of watching her perform, aquaria has the lqqks but other than that I have been less than impressed. her "personality" is a black hole. I tend to prefer the people who have more experience. eureka is eureka, for better or worse. I'm not super into it, but she does have star power and has delivered the most consistently in the group. which is on the group imo
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby ... » Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 pm

get the vixen to board here

Postby john plainman » Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 pm

i think i'm enjoying this season far more than a lot of you, but i agree that there's nothing really outstanding happening. feel like the show peaked with season 8 for me and that it'll always be difficult to top such a stacked cast.

i thought that the writing for this weeks acting challenge was far better than usual, and i laughed at some of the actual jokes (not just the delivery), but man its such a low bar. i wish they just never did them and fired ross (and michelle... and carson... and todrick...)

john plainman

Postby galactagogue » Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm

i love this season. yall are crazy.
this is the most queens of color ever to get so far together and shed a really beautiful light on the emotion and the ethos of drag that is totally divorced from fishiness and glamour. it’s finally about the personalities and performance, looks get you by but they aren’t everything.

in general i feel some expectations and formalities loosening at least on camera and with the way they judge. idk

i still think vixen is the saltiest bitch on the planet but i do agree producers are pushing eureka unfairly.
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby junebug » Sat May 19, 2018 5:50 pm

I like this season a lot! This and the pharma challenges have been the only bad ones.

BUT, galactagogue you are so wrong... season 3’s top 9 was all poc.

I’m not buying any of eureka’s ptsd narrative about choreography after seeing how many splits she did in that lip sync. The song didn’t really call for them and yet she slammed her knee to the floor like 20x.

#teamaquariabutikindofhopeshedoesntwinsothatwegettoseeheronastars

junebug

Postby rixx » Sat May 19, 2018 6:07 pm

oh I still really love this season, it's been really refreshing after AS3. I just really liked Monique and Blair and the Vixen and so those eliminations back to back to back, plus the ongoing Eureka riggery, just made my enthusiasm wane a little

rixx

Postby rixx » Sat May 19, 2018 6:10 pm

bunejug wrote:The song didn’t really call for them and yet she slammed her knee to the floor like 20x.

rixx

Postby john plainman » Sat May 19, 2018 6:39 pm

galactagogue wrote:i love this season. yall are crazy.
this is the most queens of color ever to get so far together and shed a really beautiful light on the emotion and the ethos of drag that is totally divorced from fishiness and glamour. it’s finally about the personalities and performance, looks get you by but they aren’t everything.

in general i feel some expectations and formalities loosening at least on camera and with the way they judge. idk

i still think vixen is the saltiest bitch on the planet but i do agree producers are pushing eureka unfairly.

yah my favorite part of this season has been the workroom convos, earnest confessionals, and rupaul pep talks.

john plainman

Postby rixx » Sat May 19, 2018 6:46 pm

also the mini challenges this season seem a lot more absurd and silly and more fun IMO

rixx

Postby galactagogue » Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

bunejug wrote:I like this season a lot! This and the pharma challenges have been the only bad ones.

BUT, galactagogue you are so wrong... season 3’s top 9 was all poc.

I’m not buying any of eureka’s ptsd narrative about choreography after seeing how many splits she did in that lip sync. The song didn’t really call for them and yet she slammed her knee to the floor like 20x.

#teamaquariabutikindofhopeshedoesntwinsothatwegettoseeheronastars

trueeee u caught me equating. i guess most of those queens were just super fishy/pagenty for me. and i guess i shoukd be more specific and say black not just broadly poc

galactagogue

Postby pantsoclock » Sat May 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Kameron turned it loose on this lip sync and I thought she had a clear win, but I could feel the double shante coming. Eureka's personality is not my cup of tea at all, but I do want to note that fatter people are literally considered less trustworthy just based on their size (like, in court for example), and injuries and one's trauma around them are never quite as cut and dry as others want to believe, so if Eureka comes off insincere, I dunno, that's a pretty heavily inflected judgment.
That said, I think she tries to make everyone's moment her own, and being a shouty baby was kind of funny once.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby junebug » Sun May 20, 2018 2:36 am

Hmm, it’s less about trusting that her injury was a setback and more about suspecting that eureka knows how to play into producer storylines better than non-returning queens.

junebug

Postby galactagogue » Sun May 20, 2018 11:38 am

oo yea i definitely got vibes this week that she knows how to give producers what they want— her heart to heart w kameron seemed pretty contrived

galactagogue

Postby Kenny » Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Eveything abou Eureka seems like an act, and I totally liked Eureka last season

I think how she treated Vixen and did the Whie people "why are you so angry" that I lost all the love finally
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley