Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby regular ol' slokra » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm

i pretty much just use my equalizer and my blackarts toneworks phaoroah fuzz these days
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Postby bro tones » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:10 pm

slokra, i assume you're talking about the tone job?

sometimes i a/b switch between my electric and acoustic running through my amp and pedals. biggest problem with this is, i have my amp dialed in to sound the way i like with my electric. when i switch to my acoustic i end up with more bottom end and mud, but i don't want to go fuck with the amp every time i switch guitars. so, i'm looking to incorporate an eq pedal that i can engage when i switch to the acoustic that's always set to a nice tasty tone. i know most earthquaker pedals are pretty over the top. would the tone job be good for this or is it meant to be a little more dramatic? am i better off with one of the boss/mxr graphic eq pedals? (also, i don't really want a graphic eq)
benj wrote:rest in peace luggii dead ass
bro tones

Postby regular ol' slokra » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 pm

yeah i have the tone job

that's pretty much exactly how i use mine but for fingerpicking on my electric instead of my acoustic

haven't fucked with many eq's so idk how it compares to boss/mxr but between the tone job and my joyo compressor i can get some clean tones when i need them without touching my amp's configuration
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Postby bro tones » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 pm

speaking of joyo,

all i've been looking for is a fucking tremolo that is simple and has a small form factor. been using the ehx super pulsar, which is huge and has way too many options. realized all i really want is amp style trem. sine wave. rate. depth. period. turns out the joyo is 35 dollars and literally perfect.
bro tones

Postby gskrap » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 pm

what is the best solution for playing through headphones? like i wish i could buy a fender 68 custom deluxe reverb, but i live in an apartment

headphone tube amp?

software?
doomedhuh wrote:the world cup? more like the third world cup
gskrap

Postby Eugenics » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 pm

there are plenty of software options that emulate that exact amp pretty well. you could also just plug into this pedal and headphone out..

Eugenics

Postby gskrap » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 am

i think i'm gonna get the apogee JAM and plug in to garageband
doomedhuh wrote:the world cup? more like the third world cup
gskrap

Postby adam sampler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:42 am

recently bought a Peavey T-25 at a used gear swap in my town (went bc I was looking for a bass cab after I broke my bass combo). love it. I also play a Danlectro 63 reissue baritone guitar and a Squier Jag Short Scale bass.

finally going to take the dive on a decent tube amp and probably going with the Monoprice 15w 1x12. anyone have any experience with that amp?
adam sampler

Postby Brevity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:35 am

Just bought one of these bad boys. Gibson Skylark, 1963 I think. The studio I use had one of these for a while and I fell in love. Awesome little practice/recording amp, gets dirty as hell

Brevity

Postby Brevity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:36 am

Now I just gotta get a reverb pedal for it. What comes closest to recreating the classic Fender reverb of, say, a mid/late '60s Twin or Vibrolux?
Brevity

Postby Brevity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:52 am

in addition to the Fender '65 pedal Eugenics mentioned like three posts up, that is
Brevity

Postby watchyourscrew » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 am

the Gibson Skylark and Falcon are both dope as hell amps when you dime them. bandmate of mine used and it had incredible feedback. Been playing my EGC baritone for a while, mosrite shape and it's super sturdy with killer output, if you have the opportunity to get one I recommend it.
watchyourscrew

Postby bro tones » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am

Brevity wrote:Now I just gotta get a reverb pedal for it. What comes closest to recreating the classic Fender reverb of, say, a mid/late '60s Twin or Vibrolux?

the spring setting on the ehx holy grail is pretty close and it won't break the bank.
bro tones

Postby regular ol' slokra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am

i want a mr black super moon :x
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Postby brittle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am

how do you guys find out about and lust after obscure(ish) pedals?

my whole board was assembled via, "hmm, i think i need a pedal that performs a particular function; what's the best pedal that does that for less than a hundred bucks?"
Last edited by brittle on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brittle

Postby CudNylon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:27 am

Brevity wrote:Image

CudNylon

Postby bro tones » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:28 am

mosty watching a lot of nerdy videos, reading gear sites, recommendations from other guitar bros. also, a lot times if i dig the guitar sounds from a particular artist i'll just google "[artist] pedalboard."

this is also a pretty good series:

as far as spending a lot of money on gear, i have to admit i definitely do this, but twisting knobs and making noises makes me happy so whatever.
bro tones

Postby brittle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

yeah. whenever i see a band live and i'm blown away by the guitarist's tone, they always seem to be playing through an Orange and/or a Roland Space Echo, so i just chalk it up to $$$$$$.

i think there's also a certain heuristic (that seems to be especially prevalent with me) where you like something more than you probably should just because it's yours. so rather than being inspired by other people's gear and getting ideas for expanding my sound, my brain immediately focuses on reasons why my rig is as good, if not better.

i need to get jealous more often.
Last edited by brittle on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brittle

Postby Cone » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:45 pm

brothertony wrote:mosty watching a lot of nerdy videos, reading gear sites, recommendations from other guitar bros. also, a lot times if i dig the guitar sounds from a particular artist i'll just google "[artist] pedalboard."

this is also a pretty good series:

as far as spending a lot of money on gear, i have to admit i definitely do this, but twisting knobs and making noises makes me happy so whatever.

Yeah after watching this exact video I decided I wanted to get into some sick pedals. I have a few cheap/used ones that are all pretty redundant.

The only two I really like are my EHX Soulfood and I just got an MXR Blue Box which is cool.

I need to get better at experimenting with tone.
Cone

Postby regular ol' slokra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:47 pm

if yr just getting into pedals i would recommend looking at joyo and dinner pedals on amazon as they're cheap clones of higher end stuff that are surprisingly sturdy a d you can get some good sounds out of them
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Postby flimsy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 pm

So, after unsuccessfully trying to unload my bassbreaker 007 head, I bought a used 2x12 cab with these heavy ass EV Force speakers for $90. I played around with the bassbreaker with this cab and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up selling my AC15 in favor of this thing.
flimsy

Postby flimsy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am

Does anyone know anything about Hagstrom guitars? Someone is offering me what they're saying is a 1967 Hagstrom II with 2 humbuckers but all of my searches for this guitar show only single coil. I see results for a Hagstrom H2N which has the same body/pickup configuration as this guitar but the headstock and switches of this guitar match those of a Hagstrom II.

flimsy

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 am

I have no clue but that's a gorgeous guitar
ahungbunny

Postby flimsy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 am

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to trade my AC15 for it.
flimsy

Postby ted dibiase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Bananafish wrote:should I sell my Big Sky if I just plan on playing guitar through Logic from now on?
Already sold my amp, debating unloading all my pedals.

hey Bananafish, what happened to your band?
ted dibiase

Postby ted dibiase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I rarely play any more and should start selling off gear too.

But... I'm recording some country lead guitar tracks for a friends album this week and set up my rig for the first time in about a year. Amp is a 77 deluxe reverb that I bought from the original owner 8 years ago.

ted dibiase

Postby bro tones » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm

this is a sick setup, ted. don't ever sell your gear. keep on rippin'.
bro tones

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 pm

I want a hagstrom, they're like a cross between SG and Strst that doesn't look like shit like so many other "not quite right" spins on classic designs, in fact it looks pretty sick

Maybe they play good too but I am shallow enough to admit looks are #1 decider when selecting
Last edited by Grey Poupon on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby kit fox » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Brevity wrote:Now I just gotta get a reverb pedal for it. What comes closest to recreating the classic Fender reverb of, say, a mid/late '60s Twin or Vibrolux?

another pedal from that boss fender series is the 63 reverb. thats what i use and i love it. the deluxe reverb is meant to sound like the amp, this is just supposed to sound like the fender reverb box.

i bought a bunch of pedals to try them and thats the one i liked the most. simple three knob settings, didnt have a bunch of shit i wasnt gonna use
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby kit fox » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm

anybody gonna fuck with the new belle epoch deluxe?
kit fox
Mike Vance

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....