Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby mariavesperi » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

I like the chair you put your amp on vs the chair you use to sit bro
He captured the imagination of people all around the globe.
mariavesperi

Postby mariavesperi » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

Damn, I'm a poet.
He captured the imagination of people all around the globe.
mariavesperi

Postby bro tones » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 am

lol everyone makes fun of my chair. it’s been with me a long time.
benj wrote:rest in peace luggii dead ass
bro tones

Postby sympathy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 am

Nah that folding chair is awesome
sympathy
ok

Postby tea preacher » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:44 am

So the more I play through my new amp (Orange Crush 20rt) I’m not too stoked about the tone. That might be the small speaker size or it might be because in a previous life I was playing through a Hot Rod Deluxe and was spoiled by that.

After reading lots of shit and watching countless YouTube reviews I still can’t tell where I should start with pedals - booster? Overdrive? Since it doesn’t have tubes does a tube screamer not make much sense because there are no tubes to drive? Am I better off just saving up for a small tube amp? I definitely don’t have the pocket change to drop hundreds of dollars on a Hot Rod. But if I’m disciplined until the end of year could probably swing a used one.

It doesn’t help that I’m also playing my jazz bass every day and want to get a Fender Rumble (currently using a crappy 10 watt Peavey).
you'll never hear me talk about one day getting out
tea preacher

Postby brittle » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 am

I've never used an OD pedal with a solid state amp, but I've always been super curious to see how it works.

Doesn't seem like they'd play well together, but who knows.

My roommate used to play a tube screamer with a frontman 112, and it sounded just fine, so...
Last edited by brittle on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brittle

Postby tea preacher » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am

Yeah I guess worst case scenario I’m out $100 for the tube screamer and if it doesn’t sound good I can either sell it or hold on to it for when I upgrade the amp.
you'll never hear me talk about one day getting out
tea preacher

Postby Slay Da Pink Fleshy Beast » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Slay Da Pink Fleshy Beast

Postby sympathy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:26 pm

NONE OF US ARE GONNA MAKE IT
sympathy
ok

Postby Grey Poupon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 pm

umm I want to learn how do to rhythm with I guess bluesy little lead fragments like these guys

one way to do this is download a bunch of tabs but I dunno what they're doing

do I just learn some chuck berry licks and transfer that to new york dolls style stuff?
I'm really bad at figuring out how to go from a chord to a lick using the chord notes and pentatonic shape or whatever
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....