TTH's official hearthstone thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby broodstar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 pm

amnesia/bob/flo/ike give a row of 1s

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

honestly, the warrior and warlock cards are some of the better designed cards ever, and they'll be good once jades + razakus are gone. the hunter class is something fun to laugh at.
broodstar

Postby cooly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm

no mention of the 4-20 flame blaze it card?

can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby broodstar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm

im guessing they printed that to 'counter' raza priest but after listening to realz talk for half an hour last night i'm back on the bandwagon that the hearthstone balance team is extra incompetent
broodstar

Postby cooly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:45 pm

i thought they were thinking you'd play that card with the self-beneath the grounds on a 4-4 in a mill rogue deck with valeera and the secrets. i don't think it interacts with vanish when it's dormant (sherazin doesn't, right?) but maybe youre right that it's just a bad tech card for kazakus reno raza etc. that deck sounds like it would be my kind of thing but i'm not gonna craft that + valeera for it.

i mean there's a world where that's just a decent card vs big druid because they always draw their entire deck and only have naturalize to deal with it.
cooly

Postby internetfriend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm

i feel like it’ll have to be like sherazin because otherwise you could just silence it. so yeah it should be impervious to aoe or single-target removal until it’s awakened. that doesn’t make it good but it does make it way more fun
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby cooly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:40 pm

yeah i mean i don't think it's a great card. and the 4-4 probably just goes in basically any rogue deck, not necessarily a mill one (which probably wants to focus on its real win con instead of cheating out dudes). the 4-4 seems kinda busted.

i feel like in this expansion the # of archetypes it's possible to get to low legend or rank 5 with increases considerably, though maybe psychic scream makes that not true. if it is, that'll make things a little more fun for me.
cooly

Postby internetfriend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 pm

i’m excited to try a rogue deck and that’s basically all i look for from expansions. i feel like i say this every expansion cycle but i feel like a lot of criticisms of these cards (both on here and on the subreddit) could do well to consider that there are multiple ways that new cards can be worthwhile outside of “it goes in a competitive ladder deck”
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby broodstar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

i can only consider two modes:
1) a competitive deck
2) a complete wacky deck

most cards tend to be geared towards neither. but who knows. u know my stance on these things

the darkness card is objectively complete garbage

you probably play the 4/4s in miracle rogue and then go off in a gadgetzan turn and spawn a bunch of 4/4s. calling it a 16/16 is a bit disingenuous and probably isn't good enough in tempo rogue

dire mole (a 1 mana 1/3 beast) is also a sleeper card of the set and it'll just make aggro druid better and a huge maybe on making mid hunter playable
broodstar

Postby cyantific » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:02 pm

internetfriend wrote:i’m excited to try a rogue deck and that’s basically all i look for from expansions. i feel like i say this every expansion cycle but i feel like a lot of criticisms of these cards (both on here and on the subreddit) could do well to consider that there are multiple ways that new cards can be worthwhile outside of “it goes in a competitive ladder deck”

Yeah I agree with you. I think decks like a lot of the bad quests like Priest / Paladin / Warlock got decent cards but I don't think that means they'll be competitive/tournament decks. I think they'll be fun to play or at least experiment with instead of playing the decks everyone is playing. Same goes with decks like Elemental Shaman, Elemental Mage, Jade Rogue and whatever else Tier 3+ archetypes got new cards.

So whats the best legendary weapon? I feel like Val'anyr (Paladin) and Kingsbane (Rogue) are the most playable ones. Twig of the World Tree has potential to be the scariest one of them all if someone can figure out a good deck for it.
cyantific

Postby cyantific » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Turn 1 Dire Mole into Turn 2 Crackling Razermaw I feel is way better than the Alley Cat alternative. I'm looking forward to giving that a go in mid Hunter
cyantific

Postby broodstar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

i dont like any of their designs as cards and dont think any are playable

mage one is probably decent in a pure aggro mage for refill
rogue almost seems half-decent but all you can really do is deadly poison, lifesteal, and the 4 mana pirate 4/4 thing. sounds like a really terrible deck.
if "recruit warrior" ever exists you may play that weapon there

i think the rest are all completely terrible, especially the paladin one. and ooze/harrison etc

speaking of jank i also ran into my first warlock quest player ever and lost
broodstar

Postby cooly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:21 pm

i think the 4-4 can go in tempo because its competition for 4 is pretty weak (chain gang?) and it gives you a decent probability to play bonemare even when your opponent full cleared the turn before (also true of getting value off scalebane)
Last edited by cooly on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cooly

Postby broodstar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm

chain gangs a 3/4+3/4 with keleseth and its got taunt

the chance of the 4/4 drawing one other 4/4 by the time the game ends is like 30-50%. i don't know that that's good enough but i'd have to playtest it, but even 50% of the time just playing a vanilla 4/4 on 4 with no other effect sounds awful
broodstar

Postby cooly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:09 am

oh, i just realized if u mill cards the 4-20 minion won't wake up. that makes it way less fun.
cooly

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:21 am

jade rogue with swarmer + cube is either completely dead against aggro or its gonna be the most brokeback thing ever

anyway tomorrow is trinity and ill be rooting for lul and seeing what they bring
broodstar

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 am

Not sure what list is floating around but I've played Jade Rogue before and its main problem is versus aggro/tempo decks. Is the game plan to let a Jade Swarmer sit on the board until a Cube can destroy it? I'm sure Aggro is just going to go face and kill you before you can count on any pressure from your Jades being too big.
cyantific

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 am

this is what saiyan/tictac built. i'd never touch sonya, but basically swarmer + cube is insane value. dying to aggro is a real concern.

i guess this probably isn't much better than raptor rogue, which was not a real thing, but swarmer's one insane card that never got the proper support. this seems like a much faster jade druid or just aggro fodder

it'll prolly be the first deck i test tho
broodstar

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am

The deck list looks good but i think it'll get beaten up by aggro decks if its just running 1 Argus. I feel like good players will ignore the Cube to make you have to do all the trading and than you're going to have to wait for the big jades to come out after you've traded the 1/1s into something. Aggro Druid probably beats this deck every time though.

Jade Rogue is the only Rogue archetype I've really played with so if it turns out to be good then I'll be happy to play it. I would probably add Mistress of MIxtures and Tar Creepers in that deck and I guess super greedy versions would run Valeera DK and N'Zoth.
cyantific

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Anyone know what time the expansion comes out?
cyantific

Postby Riverchrist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:00 pm

For NA it should be noon Blizz time (Pacific).
Riverchrist

Postby bluemovers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:00 pm

3pm EST i believe
bluemovers

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Awesome, thanks
cyantific

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:52 pm

it's out now
broodstar

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Got the Warrior Weapon as the free legendary
cyantific

Postby mutism » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 pm

got 6 legendaries w my preordered packs CoolCat
mutism

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

this is the worst dungeon deck ever but i went 7-0
broodstar

Postby cooly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:35 pm

my first 10 pack legendary is the 8 mana swap decks man :B
cooly

Postby broodstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm

i just got super rnged and now im reminded why i dont play this game
broodstar

Postby Riverchrist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Kibler is murdering people with the Hunter spellstone.
Riverchrist

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Explosive Runes fits really nicely in Tempo/Secret Mage

Leyline Manipulator is really good and I've only tried it out in a Kazaukus mage deck
cyantific

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All