Official Ongoing Harry Potter Thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:15 am

Post ITT when you think of something Harry Potter related. I'll do the same so I don't have to hijack seventeen different threads a day. Trust me this will work.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

TYFYT

Proud Gryffindor,
Bread Astaire
Last edited by wendy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:19 am

Gonna be honest I just like the way Ron's arm looks in that last gif

And his hair

All of it

Welcome to the New Official Ron Weasley Rules Harry Potter Drools Ongoing Thread
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 am

what's this thread about
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 60566
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 am

Ron Weasley circa films six through eight

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby bongo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:28 am

the other day i ordered a sazerac and this dude who looked identical to dracos dad (whatever his name is) commended the selection
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 58589
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

Postby larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 am

why are harry potter gifs always of the two-second tumblr variety?
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
User avatar
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28
smiling drinker
 
Posts: 22035
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 am

Postby larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:30 am

you would think with all that magic they could master longer gifs
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
User avatar
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28
smiling drinker
 
Posts: 22035
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 am

Postby bongo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

there are limits to sorcery
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 58589
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 am

Magic is not, as far as I can tell, actually real

To answer your question: consider the fanbase
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

may i ask you what you thought of the 7th book?

i was so amped after book 6. my copy came in the mail, i wandered down to the banks of the iowa river and read it straight through. i was disappointed but who cares because it's harry potter so it still ruled.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
User avatar
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28
smiling drinker
 
Posts: 22035
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 am

Postby Petty » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 am

thread should redirect to fuckyeahharrypotter.tumblr.com
Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚Started from the bottom (US) now we're here (UK)

NOTICE: I do not own, nor am I owned. Stop trying to drag me into your FUCKED UP hegemony ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
User avatar
Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan
 
Posts: 31615
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:27 pm
Location: Greyfriars School, Greyfriars, Kent

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:44 am

I liked it a lot but I did hate certain parts of it like the epilogue, that Remus and Tonks both died, the part in Harry's head with Dumbledore, that Snape died never knowing whether the plan would even work, the reveal that Sirius died without ever knowing what his brother did for Kreacher/to attempt to weaken Voldemort. I didn't necessarily want a cutesy cleaned up ending but I feel like the book was cutesy and brutal in all the wrong places.

Books 3, 5, and 6 were my favorites I think.
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:45 am

Petty wrote:thread should redirect to fuckyeahharrypotter.tumblr.com


Maybe you should go there idiot
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby fuckles » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 am

is this from harry potte
Image
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
User avatar
fuckles
 
Posts: 35810
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm
Location: balls deep in a dumpster

Postby bluemoon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 am

ugh i had such perverted thoughts about lucius malfoy's hair during my formative years
User avatar
bluemoon
cruller intentions
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am

Postby Cone » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 am

Man I love Harry Potter. Have the first three books personally signed by J.K.

Planning a trip to Orlando this summer to check out the new addition to the Potter world at Universal. Gonna get as wasted as possible until I've convinced myself I'm actually living in the HP universe.
User avatar
Cone
 
Posts: 12240
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 am

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 am

fuckles wrote:is this from harry potte
Image


She's from Grease, I just think she's a cutie + I often make that face when I post
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:53 am

Cone wrote:Man I love Harry Potter. Have the first three books personally signed by J.K.

Planning a trip to Orlando this summer to check out the new addition to the Potter world at Universal. Gonna get as wasted as possible until I've convinced myself I'm actually living in the HP universe.


PLEASE TAKE PICTURES
Also jealous re: the signed books
I'm inviting JK Rowling to my wedding because what if she buys me a gigantic present or brings Rupert Grint
Wait perhaps I should just invite Rupert Grint to my wedding instead
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby bongo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:55 am

bluemoon wrote:ugh i had such perverted thoughts about lucius malfoy's hair during my formative years


go on
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 58589
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

Postby bongo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:55 am

thats dracos dad right
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 58589
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

Postby bluemoon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 am

yeah i read a lot of slash fanfic that involved lucius malfoy's hair tickling snape's bare chest my childhood ruled
User avatar
bluemoon
cruller intentions
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am

Postby sliiimer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:58 am

Y'all ever put any stock in that ~mirror~ theory?

Books 1 and 7: break-ins at Gringotts, wandlore, seeing Harry's parents in some sort of afterdeath state
Books 2 and 6: emphasis on Horcruxes and magical beasts, Tom Riddle backstory, Borgin & Burkes
Books 3 and 5: breakouts from Azkaban, introduction and highlighting of the Ministry, Sirius's arc begins and ends
Book 4: magic <3
sliiimer
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 am

Postby larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 am

Suspension Bridge wrote:I liked it a lot but I did hate certain parts of it like the epilogue, that Remus and Tonks both died, the part in Harry's head with Dumbledore, that Snape died never knowing whether the plan would even work, the reveal that Sirius died without ever knowing what his brother did for Kreacher/to attempt to weaken Voldemort. I didn't necessarily want a cutesy cleaned up ending but I feel like the book was cutesy and brutal in all the wrong places.

Books 3, 5, and 6 were my favorites I think.


i kind of got bummed when it turned out a lot of the plot is really, really world war 2 based, but i guess that makes sense, too. i agree with your favorite books--i remember feeling like 5 is where the universe started to really open up.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
User avatar
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28
smiling drinker
 
Posts: 22035
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 am

Postby Cone » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:03 am

sliiimer wrote:Y'all ever put any stock in that ~mirror~ theory?

Books 1 and 7: break-ins at Gringotts, wandlore, seeing Harry's parents in some sort of afterdeath state
Books 2 and 6: emphasis on Horcruxes and magical beasts, Tom Riddle backstory, Borgin & Burkes
Books 3 and 5: breakouts from Azkaban, introduction and highlighting of the Ministry, Sirius's arc begins and ends
Book 4: magic <3


Never heard of this but that's pretty interesting. Also you see Harry's parents' apparitions in the fourth book too so that would put their appearances at the beginning, direct middle, and end.
User avatar
Cone
 
Posts: 12240
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 am

Postby fuckles » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 am

Suspension Bridge wrote:
fuckles wrote:is this from harry potte
Image


She's from Grease, I just think she's a cutie + I often make that face when I post

yeah supercute
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
User avatar
fuckles
 
Posts: 35810
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm
Location: balls deep in a dumpster

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:14 am

Cone wrote:
sliiimer wrote:Y'all ever put any stock in that ~mirror~ theory?

Books 1 and 7: break-ins at Gringotts, wandlore, seeing Harry's parents in some sort of afterdeath state
Books 2 and 6: emphasis on Horcruxes and magical beasts, Tom Riddle backstory, Borgin & Burkes
Books 3 and 5: breakouts from Azkaban, introduction and highlighting of the Ministry, Sirius's arc begins and ends
Book 4: magic <3


Never heard of this but that's pretty interesting. Also you see Harry's parents' apparitions in the fourth book too so that would put their appearances at the beginning, direct middle, and end.


Pretty big emphasis on magical beasts in books 3 and 4 too though, plus the only Horcrux in book 2 is the diary and book 7 is pretty heavy on them as well
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:14 am

But it's a nice idea !
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby Colonel Longshanks » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am

I've never read a Harry Potter book or watched a movie. And currently have no desire to do either. Though I would be willing to go to that Universal exhibit. Maybe.
User avatar
Colonel Longshanks
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Finger Lickin' Good

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 am

That's funny I have no desire to read your posts
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 36894
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby Colonel Longshanks » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 am

Suspension Bridge wrote:That's funny I have no desire to read your posts

aah your loss bro...poststolookforwardto
User avatar
Colonel Longshanks
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Finger Lickin' Good

Next

Return to Free-For-All

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: average deceiver, chinese smoke, DammitSteve, dogfight giggle, Enemy Ace, freezinseason, futurist, goldmatt, Google [Bot], grace cathedral park, Grey Poupon, heinous, important dentist, jalapeño ranch, joymonger, kid8, loaf angel, mynamerocks, patrick cokane?, Plainsong, Shalabi, slime, slops, terminus, The Fool on the Hill, tyler_c, walt