Very carefully.
delgriffith

Postby surly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:32 pm

antoine really wanted to see fucking
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby antoine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 pm

I didnt but it's just weird to call it "the sex scene". How about "the suggestive of sex scene" or "the foreplay scene" or "app and replicant makeout scene"
antoine

Postby theta » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm

surly wrote:antoine really wanted to see fucking

don’t act like you weren’t there for some cyborg-on-ai action bruh
Jeremy wrote:If you want a vision of the future, imagine a sarcastic serf - forever.
theta

Postby gargamel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:50 pm

saw this last night on a big beautiful screen

i thought it was a pretty dang good sci-fi movie if not considered the sequel to blade runner, which it was never going to approach. take out most of the third act, omit entirely the war between replicants and humans, take out harrison ford (who has, now, imo, tarnished all three of the roles that made him famous), get rid of that awful fucking zimmer score, and ya got a great-ish flick. it was definitely a much better than average popcorn movie that bungles the profundity of the original films themes and villaneuve is never going to do anything better than "leaner" /bro intellectual nolan fare now that he's shown he can be trusted with a budget. loved seeing snow in los angeles/climate disaster. loved seeing the wacky technology. loved gosling's baseline tests. this is definitely worth your twelve bucks if you like to see futuristic shit on a big screen and not be pandered to too much.

did anyone else think the set design was really good until ~las vegas, and then the lazy washes seemed like shitty takes on millenial pink. like i was watching hotline bling
gargamel

Postby RIXX » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

i wonder if this:

was supposed to be the buried-in-trash ruins of the san onofre power plant? its technically in san diego county

RIXX

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm

I think Harrison gets a bad rap. He’s one of my boy heroes but he’s never been a great actor, he sorta works within his repertoire of expressions. Only nowadays he’s got to play old world weary dudes and that comes off as phoned in. Or maybe he’d just rather be flying planes. Either way I thought he was a lot better in BR than TFA, and did a decent job of expressing pain over Rachel’s loss.
Last edited by Grey Poupon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby antoine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

gargamel wrote:saw this last night on a big beautiful screen

i thought it was a pretty dang good sci-fi movie if not considered the sequel to blade runner, which it was never going to approach. take out most of the third act, omit entirely the war between replicants and humans, take out harrison ford (who has, now, imo, tarnished all three of the roles that made him famous), get rid of that awful fucking zimmer score, and ya got a great-ish flick. it was definitely a much better than average popcorn movie that bungles the profundity of the original films themes and villaneuve is never going to do anything better than "leaner" /bro intellectual nolan fare now that he's shown he can be trusted with a budget. loved seeing snow in los angeles/climate disaster. loved seeing the wacky technology. loved gosling's baseline tests. this is definitely worth your twelve bucks if you like to see futuristic shit on a big screen and not be pandered to too much.

did anyone else think the set design was really good until ~las vegas, and then the lazy washes seemed like shitty takes on millenial pink. like i was watching hotline bling

This is a good summation except I think you're kinda apologizing for a lot. I wish there was more weird shit like the baseline test, which was legitimately disorienting and cool and less of the pandering Ford shit with Rachel clone, Leto's dumb dialogue, etc.
antoine

Postby gargamel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:02 pm

i hear ya antoine but i guess i feel like this was a good movie that needed stuff taken out rather than a bad movie that need stuff added in. like, one scene of leto would have been fine or even good. take out cgi rachel. etc.
gargamel

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:03 pm

The baseline was cool, if I was in a industrial band I’d sample it

Can someone make me a ringtone :)
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby gallits » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:03 pm

I thought this was "not bad" but far too long and stylistically frustrating in the way chairkicker described. This is a problem I have with the vast majority of films but there was not nearly screen time enough time without music. The music is great but it comes relentlessly and I was tired of it by the end.
Also, I watched it here which was cool
gallits

Postby gargamel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

pale fire is one of my favorite books and both whatever issues the film and that medium piece are trying to raise in it are dreadfully beside the point because pale fire is 1) a satire of criticism and 2) a solvable puzzle and an aesthetic achievement that goes completely against the spirit of the original blade runner imo
gargamel

Postby antoine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:10 pm

gargamel wrote:i hear ya antoine but i guess i feel like this was a good movie that needed stuff taken out rather than a bad movie that need stuff added in. like, one scene of leto would have been fine or even good. take out cgi rachel. etc.

I think irl that just makes it okay rather than good but yea
antoine

Postby glock mane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 am

to be honest I thought this was good as hell
glock mane

Postby davideotape » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:12 pm

So i guess this is an official “bomb” now huh?
davideotape

Postby Durham » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm

upon an IMAX rewatch, I thought this was by far the best of the 3 Ford performances of late. the soundtrack did less for me than before, Joi was more compelling, and the visuals were a real treat to experience

i think the big ol domes in san diego are upside down satellite dishes, not the power plant
Durham

Postby walt whitman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm

the slight translucency of Joi at certain angles is the most depressing, beautiful detail
walt whitman

Postby JongleurGrey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:25 pm

gargamel wrote:saw this last night on a big beautiful screen

the las vegas set design was pretty cheap but i assumed that was the point. still they missed a chance to dazzle, i guess.

the baseline tests are actually the thing my mind keeps coming back to the most. the one at the very beginning, coming at the heels of flying over the concrete hellscape, gave me a real feeling of euphoria
if you are offended by this i am sorry - starwars420@juno.com
JongleurGrey

Postby Bartatua » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 pm

delgriffith wrote:This tweet has officially broken my brain:

When I watched it the other day I couldn't help but picture Dennis from Always Sunny as Roy
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Beaver King » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Do I need to see the original blade runner to enjoy this?
Beaver King
ok

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm

You need to see the original Blade Runner to enjoy the original Blade Runner.
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby davideotape » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Beaver King wrote:Do I need to see the original blade runner to enjoy this?

You should watch the original but if you know the general premise and see 2049 you might actually enjoy it more; my main gripe with it was it didnt feel like a spiritual sequel in anything else but general narrative.
davideotape

Postby saranclaps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 am

Liked to quite liked but didn't love this. Jared Leto, as much as I hate to admit it, was wildly miscast. Christian Bale should've played that role. In seeking grandeur lacks the intimacy of the original. Also not good enough to justify its own existence. Still some spine-tingling astonishing moments in the film, but that's to be expected with Deakins.

Villeneuve is like Nolan but not shitty.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Zardoz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:14 am

Not Christian Bale, Tom Hanks.
Zardoz

Postby gallits » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 am

Tyrell was cool caus he's just a normal reasonably likable mega rich dude. His immorality wasn't reducible to him just being a nutter. Leto's character was (like) a batman villain.
gallits

Postby sigmonrunner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am

what were the keyboard keys that clipped into a his neck supposed to be doing? Did they make him see?
sigmonrunner

Postby gallits » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 am

I think they linked him to the drone cameras... in different languages???
gallits

Postby incoherent grunting » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 am

BUT WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE BLIND???
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby lordofdiapers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 am

Cuz Jared goes big, baby
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.