Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am

flippant sarcasm aside, I have friends and family IN Israel - and no, I do not use either term on the dinner table if I am not around people who don't use it themselves.
Which many do, amongst them professors at the Tel Aviv University.

But I think we aren't talking about visiting your friends in Israel who you put into an impossible situation when you go "yo btw, how you doing with the genocide around?"

I am trying to think of a situation where I want to have a classic "both sides do it" friendly conversation with American regime supporters. Hm... I think that will happen on the same day I am hoping for a productive outcome of conversations with Trump supporters.
identikit

Postby ecto » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 am

john plainman wrote:
universe wrote::idea:

Damn you edited this six years after the fact, I wonder what you regretted

same
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby mcwop23 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

i think universe deleted a bunch of shit around jeopardy time

i wouldn’t blame him if he did
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mcwop23 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/liberals-are-plenty-nice.html

this article’s premise is pretty on the ball about why libs need to stop coddling the debate with decorum
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mystery meat » Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 am

my parents are anti-zionists of the explicitly antisemitic variety, really sucks
mystery meat

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am

Would love to drop Schumer in the middle of the Gaza Strip with a FREE PALESTINE sandwich board on his body à la Die Hard 3.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am

identikit wrote:
office plant wrote:
Mine Is Clouds wrote:
internethandle wrote:yeah ppl absolutely livid in the comments sections for that spat of recent onion articles

antisemitic!!!11111 propagandaa!!!!1111

i've known a couple (birthrighty) people that argued any and all criticism of israel is antisemetic and if you argued with them you were rabidly antisemetic. really gross shit.

i mean yeah but it's not unreasonable to expect a bit of nuance

if i say fuck the us govt cos they're a bunch of murdering pricks most people in this thread will just laugh because it's such a dumb, blunt, and poorly expressed position in spite of it being like... true

I don't know how much nuance I am expected to put into words about genocide. I made the bad mistake when the BBC news about Israeli soldiers offing Palestinians came on in the background to say "shocker, Israel still murdering pricks" - while being surrounded by our small kike club at work. oh boy, the US jews got into my face and declared me a kike traitor, I am probably not allowed to sit with them at lunch any more.

what the fuck is this, jesus christ
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

you triggered bro?
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 am

I am sorry, is this the first time you see a euro kike (myself) referring to themselves as kike? you'll get over it.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

what is the point of using that word?
mortimer

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

Bad Craziness

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

mortimer wrote:what is the point of using that word?

the same point why slurs have been taken back by many groups. I am sorry I offended you with the term we use ourselves, I tend to be offended when non jews throw it at me, too.

so I am not allowed to use it? I see. I will try not to.
Last edited by identikit on Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

i'm 'jewish' and i would never use that word as flippantly as you have. you also seem to be using it to describe 'bad' jews, which is also horrible.

do what you want

doesn't really seem like a good direction for this particular thread, though
Last edited by mortimer on Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mortimer

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:Would love to drop Schumer in the middle of the Gaza Strip with a FREE PALESTINE sandwich board on his body à la Die Hard 3.

come on, man
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

mortimer wrote:i'm 'jewish' and i would never use that word as flippantly as you have

do what you want

doesn't really seem like a good direction for this particular thread, though

what does seem like a good direction for this thread?
john plainman

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

yea see obvioulsy I struggle with a good direction on Israel Still Dicks. If you could guide me, that would be nice.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

identikit wrote:you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

yea see obvioulsy I struggle with a good direction on Israel Still Dicks. If you could guide me, that would be nice.

are american jews not real jews now? not sure i follow.

most american jews are first or second generation americans. is that ok with you?

but yes, using a charged word like KIKE like it's nothing after a bunch of shitty posts like lockheed's certainly seems like a pretty fucking bad direction. i guess i'm new to this tone policing business, identikit. can you help me out?
Last edited by mortimer on Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
mortimer

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.
john plainman

Postby Kenny » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

john plainman wrote:this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.

Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am

we tone policing in here?
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am

mortimer wrote:
identikit wrote:you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

are american jews not real jews now? not sure i follow.

most american jews are first or second generation americans. is that ok with you?

nono, that is not what I meant at all. But our experience is vastly different. Americans, jews and otherwise, use language a tiny bit different. especially when it comes to slurs, stereotypes and hatespeech.

As for the direction of this thread - including lockheed's posts, I think we are all able to address issues we have with whatever posts. I believe that direction is, hm, more honest, than trying to tiptoe? I might be wrong, though. I honestly didn*t think for a second about using the term or not, since I use and hear it daily, I probably should have.
Last edited by identikit on Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
identikit

Postby ecto » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am

"chuck schumer is a big piece of shit." so true for me.
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

Kenny wrote:
john plainman wrote:this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.

he brings up a good point, imo
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

other than the traditional moral values
john plainman

Postby Kenny » Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am

I do a weekly round up on news re: Yemen. The spoiler alert is that it's hugely dire
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am

mites wrote:
bunejug wrote:Hmm as an Israeli who worked at the UN, (and is a little bit sympathetic to Israel, though of course not to this administration), what Lockheed is describing seems a little bit hyperbolic. Israel deserves the level of scrutiny it receives at the UN, but having that forum used so frequently to point out injustices committed by Israel is what makes so many Jews and Israelis skeptical of the motives behind resolutions. The resolutions have mostly been effective in alienating Israel, unfortunately. That means that the UN as an institution has lost its legitimacy for a population that really could benefit from listening and engaging in good faith with other member states (and stop committing such heinous crimes).

This conflict really isn’t that simple. I understand why Israelis want their capitol to be recognized by the US and the world, but this embassy move is so careless and will have deleterious effects on any progress made lately in the peace process. As citizens of a young nation, international condemnation is processed in a different manner than for citizens of older, more established colonial powers. A lot of critics of Israel seem incapable of acknowledging the level of emotional involvement in nation-building that citizens of a younger state have, especially under the circumstances that the state was created in. Using rhetoric like genocide and apartheid (which I agree with) amongst supporters of the regime is obviously unproductive and a good conversation ender. Steering the conversation over these atrocities towards how you all are socially stigmatized by Jews seems a little self-indulgent. Hope y’all don’t get painted as office anti-semites! That’s the true tragedy of this conflict.

Sorry bout that TOOP this was a v good post

junebug in this thread/in pms during is actually why i wanted him to work at the un in the first place
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am

Kenny wrote:I do a weekly round up on news re: Yemen. The spoiler alert is that it's hugely dire

fester wrote:
big zorb wrote:Does the American population even care about Yemen? Do Democrats need to have a hawkish record on this? Why am I bothering to ask?

i think the average american has no idea what's happening in yemen. like none whatsoever. most people have probably never heard of yemen.
john plainman

Postby howiep » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 pm

I do not know a lot about Yemen.
howiep

Postby hotdogs » Thu May 17, 2018 12:06 pm

yo i dont know anything about nonprofits or fundraising and shit. im also VERY ignorant of many facets of this incredibly complex situation. can i have a bake sale and donate all the profits to the PCRF? can i pass out BDS pamphlets at the farmers market? what areas/authors of discourse can i trust that wont have me parroting antisemitic rhetoric? i live in the south so i will most assuredly have a (white, baptist) solider of god beat my ass for doing any of these things. or will attract neonazis. how can i win over the former and avoid being associated with the latter? sorry for barging in and making an extremely white guy post. im just disgusted and want to help in whatever small way i can. tone sincere
hotdogs

Postby hotdogs » Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 pm

sorry sorry trying to delete
hotdogs

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....