ISRAEL/PALESTINE: THE THREAD

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

kenny i will say it's weird to argue that new boarders wouldn't get the context of this thread via the title but also that we should change the title because it was made by totally (a boarder that new boarders would not know)
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

drop me a line at elzorbie@gmail.com

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 am

big zorb wrote:kenny i will say it's weird to argue that new boarders wouldn't get the context of this thread via the title but also that we should change the title because it was made by totally (a boarder that new boarders would not know)

I think that it looks bad on it's own AND it's also pretty bad that it was made by totally. how weird is that 1/10
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am

but only the former would be true to a new boarder, which is how you couched your concern. someone who registers for the first time in 2018 as a non-lurker wouldn't be like, "damn, that title :s ...OH SHIT AND BOARDER TOTALLY MADE IT?"

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Kenny wrote:I think that it looks bad on it's own AND it's also pretty bad that it was made by totally. how weird is that 1/10

I don't see where I said that it looks bad on it's own and that it's because they'll know Totally made the thread
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby def from above » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

big zorb wrote:anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya

actually i kinda like this for a title...
What had happen was...

def from above

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

whoa sorry i don't know what happened that made me quote my own post
Last edited by big zorb on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

def from above wrote:
big zorb wrote:anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya

actually i kinda like this for a title...

if only nathan would give us subtitles...

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

I don't see where I said that it looks bad on it's own and that it's because they'll know Totally made the thread

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

ah i see i misread you presenting them as linked points and not individual ones, my bad dude

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

It's all good

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Marcus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

classic guffaw posts in here

Marcus

Postby deadbass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 pm

The combination of Guffaw's av and posting style frightens me

deadbass

Postby deadbass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

now I'm extra scared :oops:

deadbass

Postby clouds » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm

this should just be the idf twitter discussion thread

clouds

Postby clouds » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:39 pm

ah dang they literally just posted then deleted a tweet calling out @vanityfair magazine

e. nope it's reposted

clouds

Postby alaska » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 pm

jesus
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby deep blue meanies » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 am

deep blue meanies

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 am

That's pretty pathetic

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby sleepy_boy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't post in this thread, but it seems like we could have renamed the thread to keep the original intention of criticising the Israeli government's actions while removing the racist overtones. "Isreali Gov: Still Dicks" or something similar but less flippant if you want. I don't think it was intentional or malicious, but removing criticism of the actions of the Israeli state is pretty fucked up, considering what those actions are. Whether you like it or not the thread title is a signifier that means something, otherwise why bother changing it in the first place.

sleepy_boy

Postby Honk For Dracula » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 pm

man the IDF is so aggro. take a chill pill, jeez

Honk For Dracula

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:26 pm

sleepy_boy wrote:I don't post in this thread, but it seems like we could have renamed the thread to keep the original intention of criticising the Israeli government's actions while removing the racist overtones. "Isreali Gov: Still Dicks" or something similar but less flippant if you want. I don't think it was intentional or malicious, but removing criticism of the actions of the Israeli state is pretty fucked up, considering what those actions are. Whether you like it or not the thread title is a signifier that means something, otherwise why bother changing it in the first place.

but... the good citizens of israel were being maligned on a messageboard...

palmer eldritch

Postby def from above » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 pm

sleepy_boy wrote:I don't post in this thread, but it seems like we could have renamed the thread to keep the original intention of criticising the Israeli government's actions while removing the racist overtones. "Isreali Gov: Still Dicks" or something similar but less flippant if you want. I don't think it was intentional or malicious, but removing criticism of the actions of the Israeli state is pretty fucked up, considering what those actions are. Whether you like it or not the thread title is a signifier that means something, otherwise why bother changing it in the first place.

I would have been quite happy with this. And a couple suggestions like that were floated

But the same time all someone needs to do to discover hipinion’s unanimous stance on the upper echelons of israeli govt is open the thread. Same thing re: consensus on trump in the POTUS thread
What had happen was...

def from above

Postby junebug » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 am

palmer eldritch wrote:

but... the good citizens of israel were being maligned on a messageboard...

posts like this make me not want to participate in here, tbh!

junebug

Postby clouds » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:34 am

clouds

Postby clouds » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 am

is 2008 about to happen again?

clouds

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 am

hmmm
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby mystery meat » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:53 am

jesus

mystery meat

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 am

I don't know if I've ever seen something in mainstream press so unsubtle about the faustian deal between hardline ethnostaters and antisemites
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby mystery meat » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Steve King deflectig from Pittsburgh by saying he’s a supporter of Israel and how that’s kind of the go-to face-save for explicit anti-Semites and neo-nazi sympathizers has me rattled

mystery meat

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley