We'll kick your ass in

Postby big zorb » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Yeah the situation in apartheid south africa was tricky as well
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Would that it were so simple
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby light rail coyote » Wed May 16, 2018 7:37 pm

it's a very complex situation with centuries of context and a large number of different relevant factions, both foreign and domestic.

none of that historical context changes the fact that, at its core, the Israeli government is committing a slow, drawn out ethnic cleansing of Palestinians with enthusiastic bipartisan support from US lawmakers.
light rail coyote

Postby Cronos » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 pm

object wrote:Norman Finkelstein on latest Intercepted

This was very good.
Cronos

Postby lockheed » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Last edited by lockheed on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.
lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby came to wreck » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm

yeah living in nyc its hard to talk shit about israel without being called antisemitic very quickly
came to wreck

Postby mortimer » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 pm

those wily New York Jews

Rootless cosmopolitans all of them
mortimer

Postby mortimer » Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Stereotyping is cool if you’ve got the right people in your crosshairs
mortimer

Postby john plainman » Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 pm

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby big zorb » Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 pm

mortimer wrote:Stereotyping is cool if you’ve got the right people in your crosshairs

there are many jews in new york who will call you an anti-semite for voicing even the mildest complaint against the israeli government. on the other hand, there are many jews in new york who support the plight of the palestinians. in conclusion,
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby laserblast » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 pm

this isn't complicated

good to say: 'israel are dicks' or 'the israeli government is pursuing a morally abhorrent, genocidal occupation and those who support it are complicit'

bad to say: '[adjective] jews [verb]'
laserblast

Postby john plainman » Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 pm

that is quite the post, lockheed
john plainman

Postby laserblast » Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 pm

universe wrote:purple jews laugh

i was thinking 'cool jews did [9/11]'
laserblast

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Lady Jews Love Cool James
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby bunejug » Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 am

Hmm as an Israeli who worked at the UN, (and is a little bit sympathetic to Israel, though of course not to this administration), what Lockheed is describing seems a little bit hyperbolic. Israel deserves the level of scrutiny it receives at the UN, but having that forum used so frequently to point out injustices committed by Israel is what makes so many Jews and Israelis skeptical of the motives behind resolutions. The resolutions have mostly been effective in alienating Israel, unfortunately. That means that the UN as an institution has lost its legitimacy for a population that really could benefit from listening and engaging in good faith with other member states (and stop committing such heinous crimes).

This conflict really isn’t that simple. I understand why Israelis want their capitol to be recognized by the US and the world, but this embassy move is so careless and will have deleterious effects on any progress made lately in the peace process. As citizens of a young nation, international condemnation is processed in a different manner than for citizens of older, more established colonial powers. A lot of critics of Israel seem incapable of acknowledging the level of emotional involvement in nation-building that citizens of a younger state have, especially under the circumstances that the state was created in. Using rhetoric like genocide and apartheid (which I agree with) amongst supporters of the regime is obviously unproductive and a good conversation ender. Steering the conversation over these atrocities towards how you all are socially stigmatized by Jews seems a little self-indulgent. Hope y’all don’t get painted as office anti-semites! That’s the true tragedy of this conflict.
bunejug

Postby mites » Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 am

Man I always forget how incomprehensibly drunk I was at the beginning of this thread. It was extremely irresponsible of me to board so hard, so insanely on so serious a topic
mites

Postby mites » Thu May 17, 2018 12:55 am

bunejug wrote:Hmm as an Israeli who worked at the UN, (and is a little bit sympathetic to Israel, though of course not to this administration), what Lockheed is describing seems a little bit hyperbolic. Israel deserves the level of scrutiny it receives at the UN, but having that forum used so frequently to point out injustices committed by Israel is what makes so many Jews and Israelis skeptical of the motives behind resolutions. The resolutions have mostly been effective in alienating Israel, unfortunately. That means that the UN as an institution has lost its legitimacy for a population that really could benefit from listening and engaging in good faith with other member states (and stop committing such heinous crimes).

This conflict really isn’t that simple. I understand why Israelis want their capitol to be recognized by the US and the world, but this embassy move is so careless and will have deleterious effects on any progress made lately in the peace process. As citizens of a young nation, international condemnation is processed in a different manner than for citizens of older, more established colonial powers. A lot of critics of Israel seem incapable of acknowledging the level of emotional involvement in nation-building that citizens of a younger state have, especially under the circumstances that the state was created in. Using rhetoric like genocide and apartheid (which I agree with) amongst supporters of the regime is obviously unproductive and a good conversation ender. Steering the conversation over these atrocities towards how you all are socially stigmatized by Jews seems a little self-indulgent. Hope y’all don’t get painted as office anti-semites! That’s the true tragedy of this conflict.

Sorry bout that TOOP this was a v good post
mites

Postby mites » Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 am

Also idk if I ever apologized for my posts on the first few pages. If anyone read me as a paranoid anti-Semite I would understand and I’m really sad if ppl felt they were boarding in a place like that and I was a part of making it feel hateful.

I’m really sorry for those posts and a significant portion of the time I don’t know what I was even trying to get at, but the ferocity of them and the imprecise language are the style of the rambling lunatics I see on YouTube and I’m really really sorry I was that kind of dangerous white person.
mites

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 am

universe wrote::idea:

Damn you edited this six years after the fact, I wonder what you regretted
john plainman

Postby office plant » Thu May 17, 2018 2:48 am

mites wrote:
bunejug wrote:Hmm as an Israeli who worked at the UN, (and is a little bit sympathetic to Israel, though of course not to this administration), what Lockheed is describing seems a little bit hyperbolic. Israel deserves the level of scrutiny it receives at the UN, but having that forum used so frequently to point out injustices committed by Israel is what makes so many Jews and Israelis skeptical of the motives behind resolutions. The resolutions have mostly been effective in alienating Israel, unfortunately. That means that the UN as an institution has lost its legitimacy for a population that really could benefit from listening and engaging in good faith with other member states (and stop committing such heinous crimes).

Sorry bout that TOOP this was a v good post

yeah this is the good shit
office plant

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 am

RAKING: israel won't leaf
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby blues » Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 am

the antisemitism present on this board is really not surprising to me
blues

Postby Kenny » Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 am

I get that Israelis shut down when you talk about how their government is doing a genocide, but that doesn't really change that their government is doing a genocide
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 6:21 am

blues wrote:the antisemitism present on this board is really not surprising to me

this is incredibly hip no sarcasm
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

i liked the jews before they started genociding
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby chargie » Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 am

why do white people like to talk about approaching shitheads "in good faith" so much?
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color
chargie

Postby freezinseason » Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 am

i doubt discussing settler colonialism in good faith will magically win settler colonialists over. notice that being "productive" is softening anti-imperialist rhetoric in order to flatter imperialists.
freezinseason

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

the jews suffered for so long. just let them make Palestinians suffer. fair trade
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

bunejug wrote:Using rhetoric like genocide and apartheid (which I agree with) amongst supporters of the regime is obviously unproductive and a good conversation ender.

bit lost here, are you still talking about the UN? Or are you saying describing a reality with the dictionary definition for it amongst US jews who are supportive of the regime is unproductive?

that is too bad then, I wish if I would only consider the feelings of Americans a bit more while opening my mouth, that would - with the required sensitive word choice when talking about killing off a country - make it productive. To soften it down and show the desired empathy for the suffering Us jews who support this regime, will lead to what kind of productive outcome?
identikit

Postby loaf angel » Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 am

better not use "apartheid" or "genocide", it's the discourse that's the true tragedy of this conflict
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....