Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

i liked the jews before they started genociding
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby chargie » Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 am

why do white people like to talk about approaching shitheads "in good faith" so much?
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color
chargie

Postby freezinseason » Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 am

i doubt discussing settler colonialism in good faith will magically win settler colonialists over. notice that being "productive" is softening anti-imperialist rhetoric in order to flatter imperialists.
freezinseason

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

the jews suffered for so long. just let them make Palestinians suffer. fair trade
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

bunejug wrote:Using rhetoric like genocide and apartheid (which I agree with) amongst supporters of the regime is obviously unproductive and a good conversation ender.

bit lost here, are you still talking about the UN? Or are you saying describing a reality with the dictionary definition for it amongst US jews who are supportive of the regime is unproductive?

that is too bad then, I wish if I would only consider the feelings of Americans a bit more while opening my mouth, that would - with the required sensitive word choice when talking about killing off a country - make it productive. To soften it down and show the desired empathy for the suffering Us jews who support this regime, will lead to what kind of productive outcome?
identikit

Postby loaf angel » Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 am

better not use "apartheid" or "genocide", it's the discourse that's the true tragedy of this conflict
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am

flippant sarcasm aside, I have friends and family IN Israel - and no, I do not use either term on the dinner table if I am not around people who don't use it themselves.
Which many do, amongst them professors at the Tel Aviv University.

But I think we aren't talking about visiting your friends in Israel who you put into an impossible situation when you go "yo btw, how you doing with the genocide around?"

I am trying to think of a situation where I want to have a classic "both sides do it" friendly conversation with American regime supporters. Hm... I think that will happen on the same day I am hoping for a productive outcome of conversations with Trump supporters.
identikit

Postby ecto » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 am

john plainman wrote:
universe wrote::idea:

Damn you edited this six years after the fact, I wonder what you regretted

same
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby mcwop23 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

i think universe deleted a bunch of shit around jeopardy time

i wouldn’t blame him if he did
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mcwop23 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/liberals-are-plenty-nice.html

this article’s premise is pretty on the ball about why libs need to stop coddling the debate with decorum
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mystery meat » Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 am

my parents are anti-zionists of the explicitly antisemitic variety, really sucks
mystery meat

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am

Would love to drop Schumer in the middle of the Gaza Strip with a FREE PALESTINE sandwich board on his body à la Die Hard 3.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am

identikit wrote:
office plant wrote:
Mine Is Clouds wrote:
internethandle wrote:yeah ppl absolutely livid in the comments sections for that spat of recent onion articles

antisemitic!!!11111 propagandaa!!!!1111

i've known a couple (birthrighty) people that argued any and all criticism of israel is antisemetic and if you argued with them you were rabidly antisemetic. really gross shit.

i mean yeah but it's not unreasonable to expect a bit of nuance

if i say fuck the us govt cos they're a bunch of murdering pricks most people in this thread will just laugh because it's such a dumb, blunt, and poorly expressed position in spite of it being like... true

I don't know how much nuance I am expected to put into words about genocide. I made the bad mistake when the BBC news about Israeli soldiers offing Palestinians came on in the background to say "shocker, Israel still murdering pricks" - while being surrounded by our small kike club at work. oh boy, the US jews got into my face and declared me a kike traitor, I am probably not allowed to sit with them at lunch any more.

what the fuck is this, jesus christ
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

you triggered bro?
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 am

I am sorry, is this the first time you see a euro kike (myself) referring to themselves as kike? you'll get over it.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

what is the point of using that word?
mortimer

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

Bad Craziness

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

mortimer wrote:what is the point of using that word?

the same point why slurs have been taken back by many groups. I am sorry I offended you with the term we use ourselves, I tend to be offended when non jews throw it at me, too.

so I am not allowed to use it? I see. I will try not to.
Last edited by identikit on Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

i'm 'jewish' and i would never use that word as flippantly as you have. you also seem to be using it to describe 'bad' jews, which is also horrible.

do what you want

doesn't really seem like a good direction for this particular thread, though
Last edited by mortimer on Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mortimer

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:Would love to drop Schumer in the middle of the Gaza Strip with a FREE PALESTINE sandwich board on his body à la Die Hard 3.

come on, man
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

mortimer wrote:i'm 'jewish' and i would never use that word as flippantly as you have

do what you want

doesn't really seem like a good direction for this particular thread, though

what does seem like a good direction for this thread?
john plainman

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

yea see obvioulsy I struggle with a good direction on Israel Still Dicks. If you could guide me, that would be nice.
identikit

Postby mortimer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

identikit wrote:you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

yea see obvioulsy I struggle with a good direction on Israel Still Dicks. If you could guide me, that would be nice.

are american jews not real jews now? not sure i follow.

most american jews are first or second generation americans. is that ok with you?

but yes, using a charged word like KIKE like it's nothing after a bunch of shitty posts like lockheed's certainly seems like a pretty fucking bad direction. i guess i'm new to this tone policing business, identikit. can you help me out?
Last edited by mortimer on Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
mortimer

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.
john plainman

Postby Kenny » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

john plainman wrote:this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.

Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am

we tone policing in here?
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby identikit » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am

mortimer wrote:
identikit wrote:you are American, I suppose? yea I realize you guys don't do a lot of things. amazing, the differences,between German Austrian Jews in particular and Americans, aren't they.

are american jews not real jews now? not sure i follow.

most american jews are first or second generation americans. is that ok with you?

nono, that is not what I meant at all. But our experience is vastly different. Americans, jews and otherwise, use language a tiny bit different. especially when it comes to slurs, stereotypes and hatespeech.

As for the direction of this thread - including lockheed's posts, I think we are all able to address issues we have with whatever posts. I believe that direction is, hm, more honest, than trying to tiptoe? I might be wrong, though. I honestly didn*t think for a second about using the term or not, since I use and hear it daily, I probably should have.
Last edited by identikit on Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
identikit

Postby ecto » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am

"chuck schumer is a big piece of shit." so true for me.
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

Kenny wrote:
john plainman wrote:this thread would make more sense if we also had a 100 page thread on saudi arabia's treatment of yemen, i suppose.

he brings up a good point, imo
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

other than the traditional moral values
john plainman

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....