Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Quixotic » Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 am

office plant wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
vivian darko wrote:the ending of that book has the englishman murder the american out of jealousy and rationalize it as for the greater good.Toggle Spoiler i don't think greene is on his side, though he was conservative iirc.

yeah you're right. i guess my read was that greene came off as the exact sort of person who still favoured intervention and the natural dominance of the west over the east?

maybe I have to read it again but idk how you can get this out of quiet american

i dunno, maybe i should read it again too?
Quixotic

Postby Riverchrist » Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am

Catholics still love this guy. They have a lot of imagination. But only for certain things.
Riverchrist

Postby manvstrees » Sat May 26, 2018 6:34 pm

This thread made me grab the copy of Brighton Rock that's been sitting around for a couple of years and I am having a fucking blast with it
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby Hal Jordan » Sat May 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Brighton rock rules
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby abs » Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Boy, do I love Graham Greene!it must be because I love a man struggling with god.Toggle Spoiler
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

thistle in the kiss
abs
Queen Witch

Postby blackbetty » Sat May 26, 2018 7:45 pm

just finished our man in havana which was charming, funny, and fast read. reminded me a bit of under the volcano except less despair inducing.
"They groped their way through the darkness of the Seville-Biltmore bar. They were only dimly aware of their fellow-guests, who sat crouched in silence and shadow like parachutists gloomily waiting the signal to leap."
blackbetty

Previous

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.