You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Arturo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Very into the beat on Black Effect
Arturo

Postby forest design » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Weird that a new Beyoncé album was released days ago and I had to scroll down to the bottom of page two to find the thread
forest design

Postby thanksbutnothanksman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 pm

i liked when jay quoted faneto on apeshit. however, i did not enjoy when he stopped doing that.
thanksbutnothanksman

Postby ThePettyDemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 pm

ThePettyDemon

Postby BlackSugar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 pm

that review captures some of my thoughts about this. I know there's more to it but the overriding sentiment I got from the record is, look at how rich we are, goddamn we have and buy so many expensive things. lemonade was so resonate for me because it was about the pain that everybody feels when they're wronged. and to have beyonce's next release being mostly about how great and luxurious her life is with jayz just does not appeal to me at all. "WHO THE *FUCK* DO YOU THINK I IS" hit me so hard. "my great great great grandchildren gonna be rich" does not
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby Bad craziness » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:32 am

Kinda feels like they’re both just havin some fun, makin some tunes, which yeah is jarring considering how intense Lemonade was

Kinda reminds me of when people critiqued Ocean’s 12 as “did we just pay to watch George Clooney and Brad Pitt and all these guys just goofing off on a lavish European vacation?”

It’s an enjoyable enough album to listen to, but definitely not gonna make big waves
Bad craziness

Postby mellowgold » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:05 am

yeah this album is ok. it's nice, it's sexy, it feels good but nothing grabs me in a big way outside Apeshit and Heard About Us. I don't think i'll return to it much after this week.
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby identikit » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am

I heard it only once so far and somehow have not much of an urge to listen to it on repeat. Opposite effect of Lemonade really, that album got me into Beyoncé in the first place and I still listen to it regularly.

This is nice fun yea, in a background-I-am-not-paying-all-that-much-attention way, it doesn't draw me in. Still hope I can make it to the concert.
identikit

Postby creationist » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:23 pm

This is not a Beyonce album. I don't know why you would compare it to Lemonade... I never thought to compare Watch the Throne to The Blueprint. It's just a different type of project.
creationist

Postby mellowgold » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Yes how strange to compare a beyonce and jay-z album to a beyonce album. Unreal
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby creationist » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 pm

I don't think it's strange or unreal, just misguided. The results speak for themselves.
creationist

Postby cartola » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Sadly 2 much Jay
cartola

Postby BlackSugar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:29 pm

lemonade was beyonce's last album. this is the next thing that she's put out. I'm considering the two creative works as interesting and connected because they're coming from the same person in a relatively short amount of time. and that's unreal and misguided? ok
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 pm

yes, hive, get 'em
session to session
ratbags

Postby Bad craziness » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm

I feel like this album represents exactly 50% of Beyonce's power combined with 50% of Jay-Z's power, and it's cool, but the whole is not greater than the sum of its parts
Bad craziness

Postby creationist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 am

BlackSugar wrote:lemonade was beyonce's last album. this is the next thing that she's put out. I'm considering the two creative works as interesting and connected because they're coming from the same person in a relatively short amount of time. and that's unreal and misguided? ok

It's interesting to talk about the themes and connections between Lemonade, 4:44, and this. If someone wants to do that. But if someone wants Lemonade II out of this I don't know what to tell them. This is Beyonce rapping, laughing, turning up, having fun with her husband. It's important for her to express that side of herself too, and just as important for people to see it. If invoking the lives of her great great great grandchildren doesn't "hit" you, then consider the life of her great great great grandmother. You'll be closer to understanding why she feels the need to celebrate.
creationist

Postby Bad craziness » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 am

creationist wrote:
BlackSugar wrote:lemonade was beyonce's last album. this is the next thing that she's put out. I'm considering the two creative works as interesting and connected because they're coming from the same person in a relatively short amount of time. and that's unreal and misguided? ok

It's interesting to talk about the themes and connections between Lemonade, 4:44, and this. If someone wants to do that. But if someone wants Lemonade II out of this I don't know what to tell them. This is Beyonce rapping, laughing, turning up, having fun with her husband. It's important for her to express that side of herself too, and just as important for people to see it. If invoking the lives of her great great great grandchildren doesn't "hit" you, then consider the life of her great great great grandmother. You'll be closer to understanding why she feels the need to celebrate.

good post
Bad craziness

Postby glock mane » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 am

in my opinion the best song on this is Friends
glock mane

Postby forest design » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 am

Bad craziness wrote:
creationist wrote:

good post
forest design

Postby blogger status » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 pm

oh! it's max! wrote:

been thinking a lot about b having a spaceship
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Previous

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.