Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby domesticwhite » Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm

i think he knew it was going to happen but i also think he wanted off because of june
domesticwhite

Postby peshay » Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am

Only just watched s2e6 - great episode with an unexpected explosiveToggle Spoilerending. Best non-season ending scene ever. Holy shit it's not the end of the season is it?
peshay

Postby Franco » Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 am

no theres a bunch more. 13 total this year I think
Franco

Postby peshay » Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing results ofthe explosionToggle Spoiler.
peshay

Postby separator » Wed May 30, 2018 7:55 pm

You're all a week behind.
separator

Postby Franco » Wed May 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Blessed be the fruit
Franco

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 9:39 pm

hoo boy this show
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Paul » Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 am

this episode was heavy as hell, one of the best of the whole series in my opinion. SerenaToggle Spoiler in a position of power is great, but nick's 15 year old wifeToggle Spoiler is going to be the one who fucks everything up for everyone.
Paul

Postby Poptone » Thu May 31, 2018 9:05 am

i thought plucking emily and janine from the colonies due to "handmaid" shortage was a bit sweaty

like, they can't shuffle some handmaids from elsewhere in Gilead? how big is Gilead anyway?

even if they "had" to pull from the colonies, there's no way they'd give emily or janine another shot given the scale of their transgressions (especially emily). feel like the powers that be would give a second chance to a handmaid with a lesser offense on their records. "Okay, Ofpete, we caught you reading an old Far Side comic but today's your lucky day!"
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 am

also love serena taking charge but how in the hell is she possibly getting away with this, the commander can't even speak let alone authorize orders

and the idea that a hyper-paranoid authoritarian regime would actually loosen security after a terrorist attack? yeah i dunno.

i should stop nitpicking tho, every episode of this is incredible.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby odilon redon » Thu May 31, 2018 9:18 am

Paul wrote: nick's 15 year old wifeToggle Spoiler is going to be the one who fucks everything up for everyone.

yeah for sure. that dynamic is a really interesting plot element.

s2 is even better than s1 so far
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby internetfriend » Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am

this show doesn’t care whatsoever about its own world which makes every melodramatic musical interlude especially ridiculous

the violins during the grocery scene and the song over the pen click at the end were maybe the worst yet
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 am

should i check back in to this if i checked out in the episode after she was caught in the plane
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby internetfriend » Thu May 31, 2018 10:46 am

bongo wrote:should i check back in to this if i checked out in the episode after she was caught in the plane

it has gotten only worse and worse but sometimes it’s fun to laugh and say what the hell
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Paul » Thu May 31, 2018 10:48 am

Poptone wrote:i thought plucking emily and janine from the colonies due to "handmaid" shortage was a bit sweaty

like, they can't shuffle some handmaids from elsewhere in Gilead? how big is Gilead anyway?

even if they "had" to pull from the colonies, there's no way they'd give emily or janine another shot given the scale of their transgressions (especially emily). feel like the powers that be would give a second chance to a handmaid with a lesser offense on their records. "Okay, Ofpete, we caught you reading an old Far Side comic but today's your lucky day!"

It may have to do with time spent in the colonies. Someone who hasn't been there for very long might not be completely riddled with cancer and still have a chance of having a healthy baby. We did see Emily start to lose her teeth though. They could also have been threatened and made promises to spy on the other handmaids in an attempt to find out if anyone else was responsible for the bombing. If they don't give anyone up they get sent back or killed.
Paul

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 am

internetfriend wrote:
bongo wrote:should i check back in to this if i checked out in the episode after she was caught in the plane

it has gotten only worse and worse but sometimes it’s fun to laugh and say what the hell

have they at least played another grouper track??
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Paul » Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 am

internetfriend wrote:

Stop checking out and check back in
Paul

Postby domesticwhite » Thu May 31, 2018 10:51 am

yeeee need to watch and report back to the thread.
domesticwhite

Postby internetfriend » Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 am

bongo wrote:
internetfriend wrote:

have they at least played another grouper track??

in the last episode they played the entirety of “in a gadda da vida” over a slow-motion shot of elizabeth moss punching a horse in the face, if that answers your question
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:39 am

that seems impossible
bongo
man in hammock

Postby transitive » Thu May 31, 2018 11:49 am

internetfriend wrote:this show doesn’t care whatsoever about its own world which makes every melodramatic musical interlude especially ridiculous

the violins during the grocery scene and the song over the pen click at the end were maybe the worst yet

Here's my biggest question about Gilead. What happened to all the celebrities?
transitive

Postby domesticwhite » Thu May 31, 2018 11:50 am

transitive wrote:
internetfriend wrote:this show doesn’t care whatsoever about its own world which makes every melodramatic musical interlude especially ridiculous

Here's my biggest question about Gilead. What happened to all the celebrities?

i keep wondering this as well
domesticwhite

Postby transitive » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 am

Yeah, honestly, and I get that this isn't a fault of the actors or even the writers, but they need to invest in some serious world building. The exposition they've used by way of explanation doesn't reveal enough about the inner workings of Gilead or how it came to be to make it so I'm not constantly wondering whether Kanye got out or if Tim Allen is now referred to as Commander Allen.
transitive

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am

ok here’s a question i’d like answered

i found the post capture episode really boring not fun boring. are the eps after that one at least so bad as to be fun to watch
bongo
man in hammock

Postby internetfriend » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 am

bongo wrote:ok here’s a question i’d like answered

i found the post capture episode really boring not fun boring. are the eps after that one at least so bad as to be fun to watch

i think they are all exactly the same boring tbh
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:59 am

ah man that’s a shame
bongo
man in hammock

Postby transitive » Thu May 31, 2018 11:59 am

bongo wrote:ok here’s a question i’d like answered

The last two have been better. I dunno.
transitive

Postby john plainman » Thu May 31, 2018 11:59 am

imo it seems reasonable to assume that all celebrities would be purged for being false idols. it would be pretty funny to see how they shoehorn dialogue like that in
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby bongo » Thu May 31, 2018 12:00 pm

one other question have characters started emphatically smoking cigarettes as a way to convey their sides stance re: existence
bongo
man in hammock

Postby kit fox » Thu May 31, 2018 12:48 pm

yeah. serena IS betty draper
kit fox
Mike Vance

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....