ARK: Breed baby otters: free right now!

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 pm

werd wrote:we found a dang unicorn

it was wandering in a big clearing just east of the volcano. as I desperately searched dododex for tame info (it’s not in there, you have to search equs) it was attacked by a pack of four raptors. we engaged with our argents and managed to get the raptors to aggro on us as the unicorn ran away. finished killing the raptors just in time to look up and see a pack of allo kill the unicorn

devastated

:O
We used to decide which dicks were hipinion dicks and which ones were craigslist dicks on this board.

hideaki anno's cool world
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm

farmer wrote:i wonder if he did a fresh reinstall rather than just updating the game from wherever it was a year ago

should be fine, i did a fresh install. also logged in to check if it was a version thing, but although our server is one small patch behind i didnt have any compatibility issues and my client is the most current
We used to decide which dicks were hipinion dicks and which ones were craigslist dicks on this board.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm

yeah theriz op.

and i really want a unicorn. i think there's only one on the server at any given time, not sure if that includes tames

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 pm

supposedly once tamed no more spawn, just straight up one on the server at a time

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby chandler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm

i bet it drops a sweet trophy if u kill it :twisted: :twisted:
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm

we should make a tame killing exception for unicorns

farmer

Postby chandler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 pm

along those lines, how about some sort of dodo/monkey tame with whoever currently has it in their base holds the Hipinion Ark World Championship belt
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm

man shit im just reading about the tek engrams, we need to start working towards getting some of the artifacts and collecting the trophies to summon the bosses, ive just been dumping a lot of them

i want a fucking mosa that shoots lasers so bad

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm

yeah finding out about tek shit is the main reason i wanna down some bosses. between my theriz, rex, and daeodons, im getting there on needed dinos for bosses

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

i think the first boss we can probably start working towards/do

i was reading about the Megatherium earlier because i was killing them for pelt and it gets a bonus against bugs + a bigger bonus for killing bugs, and the first boss is a spider that spawns little spiders.

Any method will have its ups and downs, but the Broodmother battle is always the same. Use up to 10 high level Megatherium to defeat it easy. It is simply a gigantic spider with high health and powerful damage output. As long as the players stick to a strategy, the Broodmother should be defeated if all goes well.

if we could pull off the second-tier version we'd unlock the construction stuff and boots.
hardest one also has the helmet, mosa saddle, and turret

definitely have a side goal now, going to start collecting for the broodmother

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

sometime in the next week or so a few of us should get together and go after the artifacts

for the hardest version of broodmother you just need to be 70 and the non-artifact stuff you need (from boas, sarcos, sauropods, and argents) is all really easy for me to farm by my house

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:08 pm

ive got a decent saber for artifacts but a shit saddle and got wrecked every cave ive stepped into

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm

you can take a pack into caves and just kill everything, can't you?

me and slokra recovered one or two on the last server i think

i was thinking a bear for a tank and then wolves for dps for caves and shit

i have a slightly upgraded bear saddle bp

i also have purple terror bird saddles

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 pm

i believe so, but I'm pretty sure they changed the caves into instances in the interim so i dunno if that changes things

farmer

Postby werd » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm

be sure to research the cave you want to do

I was reading about how certain dinos get stuck in certain caves if you take them in
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby lordofdiapers » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Terror Bird is an OP cave mount imo
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby farmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm

also i highly recommend bug repellant, poison cures, and some way to get your health back. also dress for your cave, some are way cold

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 pm

hello dino fans

nobody was around when i got home so i updated the server to the latest version

it is back up and running

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 am

so as we start to get into breeding, i want to bring up the breeding multipliers again. one of the glacierbasers... was it bruce?... was complaining last night about otter babies starving bc they needed too much food for too many hours and people need sleep/have lives. im gonna do some research and get back to you on the current state of things and what we even have power to easily modify. but in principle, how do yall feel about messing with breeding modifiers?

personally, i want to make infancy last for as long as reasonably possible, possibly shorten adolescence and juvenile time, and lower feeding requirements to make starving harder, if thats even possible. also possibly lower the egg laying interval, the interval between producing successive fertilized eggs, or both. thoughts?

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 am

ill let someone else figure that out, no matter what we do it's not going to be perfect for all dinos.

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am

As much I've been pushing playing this game as vanilla as possible I'll admit a lot of the gestation and baby sitting is annoying and feels a little much. My only request, however possible it is, is that I'd like to keep the babies and adolescents in those states for as long as possible because I think the varying stages of life in this are so awesome and I wanna have cool family dino pens on my sick zoo farm
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 am

As always Im happier leaving the game alone but if everyone wants to change that stuff I'm not against it

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby farmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

yeah i want those life stages to be long, just dont want it to be tedious babysitting and starvation if you sleep

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 am

i think unfortunately the compromise is going to be that the youth for small dinos is going to be incredibly short if we want bigger ones to be feasible.

im also not sure how imprinting works but apparently that's an issue too

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:56 am

It would be wrong to rob them of their youth

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:58 am

Do babies not use food troughs? Can't we just create a baby chamber full of acs and troughs and stuff so they can just wander aimlessly without fear of starving?

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby farmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 pm

pretty sure you gotta refill its inventory until some later stage of development, and the babies have almost no weight capacity

farmer

Postby hideaki anno's cool world » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm

no idea how much it's changed, but it used to be their weight capacity grew over time, so you'd eventually get to a point where they could carry enough shit to be left alone

I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah reading up now those needy bastards

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley