overwatch

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby PROBLEMATIC » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 pm

banquo wrote:might play a couple overwatch...

I'd like to play this tonight with some boarders
and you'll find
my door with your name in diamonds
and you'll feel lonely
no more
PROBLEMATIC
clown is my friend

Postby banquo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:46 pm

hop on
banquo

Postby unome » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:56 pm

tricksforchips wrote:
carrion wrote:Picked this up for ps4 this weekend. Psn is ghost_dictionary. So far I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun as hell.

I'll add you tonight -- always looking for people to queue with regardless of skill level.

I'm MitchMagic

I added you on both of my accounts but you haven’t accepted yet
unome

Postby tricksforchips » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Sorry haven't played in a lil bit!!!
tricksforchips

Postby carrion » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 pm

fox wrote:
carrion wrote:So far I'm having the most fun as junkrat. Had some good killing sprees throw bear traps and using the mines as basically grenades.
I need to diversify and learn some other classes though.

my man

I just had some wild-ass games with geoff

Oh hi fox! I'll probably play some tonight if you're around. Or anyone else.
Just a warning though, I am not very good at the vc element. Last time I tried I had the drier running and the radio on and my wife in the room and it was all just way too much to handle.
carrion

Postby fox » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm

carrion wrote:
fox wrote:
carrion wrote:So far I'm having the most fun as junkrat. Had some good killing sprees throw bear traps and using the mines as basically grenades.
I need to diversify and learn some other classes though.

my man

I just had some wild-ass games with geoff

Oh hi fox! I'll probably play some tonight if you're around. Or anyone else.
Just a warning though, I am not very good at the vc element. Last time I tried I had the drier running and the radio on and my wife in the room and it was all just way too much to handle.

hey

it's not meant to be I play on PC :(
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby carrion » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 pm

:(
Guess we'll just have to do another bb playthrough
carrion

Postby fox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 am

carrion wrote::(
Guess we'll just have to do another bb playthrough

I'd actually 100% be down for this.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby iambic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am

overwatch league exhibition games start tomorrow? I'm gonna watch some
iambic

Postby G_S » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:06 am

oh sweet. go florida! lol
G_S

Postby banquo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am

back when they first started hyping this as "you only have to be masters to join", I'd always imagined this as a weekly league to determine who gets a chance to be trounced by the harlem globe trotters. didn't follow how teams were made or get to be involved though
banquo

Postby shrinemaidens » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 am

the whole process was kind of a mess and some pros did or didn't know if they'd get picked for teams

as of now the shittiest one is boston
shrinemaidens

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:40 am

banquo you've spoken a few times about being able to beast as a low level reaper

in your opinion is reaper a good solo carry in that gold/plat level or are you just really good with the hero
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am

just curious if you are hypothetically hard flanking with that gold reaper or if it's more effective to stick with your team

I'm in gold and everything online says reaper should be grouped up but I don't know if that's the best way to play him down here
gordie blue eyes

Postby banquo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm

grouped, but think of it as on a leash for as far as you can get away with wraith (around a corner or safely back to a healer).

positioning is still important- you're not always just lumped in a death ball (back when the game was new drudge had said "a reaper behind a rein shield is scarier than a reaper alone" and it stuck with me), but "everyone go together" pushes work well

waiting against a wall the team will push through can be big, let the tanks/dps walk through not noticing you and go nuts on the back line. he's good at getting solo kills if you can get in their face (and then wraith safely away or move on to the next guy to kill)

I think of it as a snow balling hero that is supposed to play/push right to the objective. Widow never helps cap, soldiers or junkrats become weaker the closet they get. Reaper just hurts more the closer he gets and inspires your team to push with you.

tanks lower just hang out in doorways too much. Being someone to be next to them helping get everyone to push at once really helps (Lucio also helps this)
banquo

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm

maybe a dumb question and i'm maybe even putting words in your mouth here but why do you think he's more effective in lower levels
gordie blue eyes

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm

I made two posts
gordie blue eyes

Postby banquo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:38 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:maybe a dumb question and i'm maybe even putting words in your mouth here but why do you think he's more effective in lower levels

because you don't need help killing anything from 100 in one clip and the skill of those playing as his counters are worse there (pharah/mcree/soldiers). you can get a pick and wraith away 100x more easily lower (their team won't all just turn and kill you). you also help by playing the objective more than most dps would. he also hard punishes when someone on the other team runs in alone
banquo

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:11 pm

thank you those are good posts. i find my biggest weakness with reaper is inability to do anything consistently with teleport.
gordie blue eyes

Postby banquo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:thank you those are good posts. i find my biggest weakness with reaper is inability to do anything consistently with teleport.

90% of games i only use it to get back to combat faster from spawn. sometimes you can get up on a ledge for a style-points "drop on them and ult" thing

the biggest thing to me is just knowing your limits about when you have to wraith back to safety
banquo

Postby iambic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 pm

winter wonderland is probably going to get me to fire up overwatch
iambic

Postby lordofdiapers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Im back to OW because frankly Im just meh on Destiny
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby unome » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 pm

I got banned from the forums again :/
unome

Postby unome » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:23 pm

iambic wrote:winter wonderland is probably going to get me to fire up overwatch

Mei’s Yeti hunt sounds super fun!!!!!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... f2308014e2
unome

Postby No Not Now » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Omg the Evolve style Yeti Hunt sounds really good. That game was so underrated. If we get a group of 6 and take turns on the Yeti I bet we'll have a ton of fun.
No Not Now

Postby gordie blue eyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 pm

val why are you getting banned from the blizz forums
gordie blue eyes

Postby gordie blue eyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm

at this point overwatch is my fave game of all time but these extra modes are bad every time and i have zero optimism for the yeti hunt
gordie blue eyes

Postby shrinemaidens » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm

i've started playing this only in the mornings again and my enthusiasm for the game has kind of returned, which is nice
shrinemaidens

Postby unome » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:val why are you getting banned from the blizz forums

Calling out idiots
unome

Postby gordie blue eyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 pm

what do you mean
gordie blue eyes

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All