You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby hey look » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:09 pm

man chris evans as cap makes no sense still
hey look

Postby CudNylon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:24 pm

he looks all american as fuck in that picture. that's probably the first time i've bought him as steve rogers. i'll let movie magic sell him as cap.
CudNylon

Postby parapet » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:52 pm

i buy him as steve rogers the smartass, crackin' wise
parapet

Postby hey look » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

CudNylon wrote:he looks all american as fuck in that picture. that's probably the first time i've bought him as steve rogers. i'll let movie magic sell him as cap.

he looks like a jv baseball player from the midwest
hey look

Postby parapet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:27 am

parapet

Postby Mincer Ray » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Whedon's joint appearance with Abrams was cool. Though it seemed like Whedon and Abrams didnt really dig each other. I, also, personally liked Abrams take on Lost finale.

Also, a back-story of Shepard Book for Dark Horse pretty much sets in stone no more Firefly, but that was to be expected.
"I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." - Bobby Kennedy
Mincer Ray

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles ... _GAUNTLET_

May I say if Avengers ended with a tease for a cosmic minded Avengers 2 with a plot loosely close to Infinity Gauntlet, I will approve. Probably the best Marvel crossover ever.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby CudNylon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 pm

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/09/25/sfx-whedon-special-preview-the-avengers/

Joss Whedon wrote:I’m feeling that everything that I have done before has prepared me for this, besides the fact that I’ve been reading The Avengers since I was 11. There are definitely stipulations and restrictions, but Kevin Feige is very active as a producer and worked with me a lot on the story, but they are absolutely honouring the fact that this is my film. What I kind of think ultimately defines Marvel Studios was the first thing they did and that was cast Robert Downey Jr. They said, ‘What if we got great actors and let them have some time to be the people they’re supposed to be instead of going through the paces of hitting this mark and that mark?’ They don’t always ?get it right, but nobody does. But if ?you look at who they already had, and who they allowed me to add to the cast, they are thinking about the integrity of the characters. Obviously we have to get from point A to point B, and fans really want to see this – and ideas for set-pieces which I said are great. Now I’m going to make them matter and they are completely on board with the idea.

I’m still [outlining the script] because it’s finding out how to introduce people to all of these people in this world. ‘By the way, there’s a thunder god. You guys are cool, right? This guy is big and green and this character wears an American flag. It’s all good, right? It’s totally real world.’ Finding the tone and plots that are coherent is what I go to bed thinking about and wake up thinking about, but it’s doable.

What I will struggle with, in the outline and throughout, is that I would like to put these actors in a room and just make Glengarry Glen Ross. We’re talking about really exciting people and at the same time I have to keep the momentum of the thing going. I can’t let it turn into a lull fest. Knowing that I have enough time to do both of those things – that by the end of the movie you will feel ‘in’ with these guys – is the trick. It’s not an easy one but one that Marvel absolutely honours. They don’t hire Mark Ruffalo [the new Hulk] to say one iconic line and strike a pose. They hire him because he has so much humanity in him. He’s the antithesis of the iconic actor. He’s so human. He was my first choice to play the part, and the fact he is playing the part is nuts! They went to great lengths to make that happen and they understood exactly why he was right for the part.
CudNylon

Postby reversemigraine » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 pm

As long as they come out of that room with something that resembles an Avengers movie, great.
reversemigraine

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Unless he meant like Robert Downey Jr has the learn the Glengarry lines or he's fired
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby cram » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

so joss whedon wishes he could actually write glengarry glen ross instead of the crap he normally churns out. big surprise
cram

Postby reversemigraine » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 pm

hiddenicon wrote:Runaways is moving forward... move him over to that.

Welp: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/22/ ... e-for-now/
reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:20 am

reversemigraine

Postby CudNylon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 am

i dig it.
CudNylon

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:26 am

The outfit looks a lot better with the right material and some weathering. There's actual canvas and leather in that picture, which is the way it should be.
reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Original shield! HYDRA patches!

reversemigraine

Postby j_brooks » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 pm

hugo weaving is pretty uninspired casting but all this shit looks great otherwise and those quotes really make me think that evans might actually end up being great casting because it's the origin movie and having a dude like him who is nervous about his own ability to play the part in the first place will probably make the journey from skinny, useless rogers to swagged-out captain america more believable and satisfying
j_brooks

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah, he talked about that so much I wondered if it was kind of a manufactured thing, seeing as how Johnston really wants to focus on Steve's insecurities.

Hopefully Weaving's a full-on Red Skull through most of the movie -- I don't want him to become the Red Skull in the last 20 minutes. Looking at the above picture, I can see how his face can/will look.

And I'll be honest -- I kinda want him to have a really over-the-top German accent, just so that he doesn't sound like Hugo Weaving.

Psyched that they're actually gonna do a Cosmic Cube story. Might give it a little more of an Indiana Jones feel, and Johnston should be able to do that in his sleep at this point.
reversemigraine

Postby j_brooks » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 pm

it's heartening to see some cool press coming out of the upcoming marvel slate because honestly i've been real impressed with what i've been hearing and seeing from x-men first class and wolverine 2 and i feel like on some level there's almost potential for fox to come out from behind and totally pants marvel with a couple of really cool comic book movies

hopefully they're all good movies though i mean anything to distract people from snyderman
j_brooks

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Said this in the comics thread, but that casting sheet makes me feel a lot better about Wolverine 2. If they can avoid the pressure and temptation of adding...I dunno...Strong Guy and Caliban cameos -- which has been this franchises MO, to be honest -- then it could be rad.

I'm still super-bummed about the character choices they made for First Class, but I still love the overall concept.
reversemigraine

Postby j_brooks » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:31 pm

i really think kick-ass blew, i hated the constant music video scenes and the empty flashiness of the third act, that's honestly the only thing keeping me from being completely on board with first class, but i think there's nothing super obviously offensive about the casting and i think the concept has a ton of balls and could be really special

wolverine 2 i think has a lot of potential, i feel like the studio might actually let it be great because i think the only non-dc character you could really do something like the dark knight with and have as much of a commercial/cultural impact with is wolverine

it has a great director and a truly beloved piece of comic book lore as source material, so if they hit enough of the right buttons it could be an absolute phenomenon
j_brooks

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 pm

The casting seems solid. I just hate that the best idea anyone's had for an X-Men movie in a while is going to feature characters like Darwin and Nightcrawler's dad. But maybe that could work in its favor, because those are such lousy characters that Vaughn has absolutely no pressure to stay faithful to how they've been written to date.
reversemigraine

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....