HPN WEREWOLF #4: Village WINS 2nd place after GRAMMATRON

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby CashForGold » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:53 am

I'll play again whenever.

CashForGold

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

This one was really draining, gonna need a bit
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby mudd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:14 pm

most of the rifts resolved over alice's anniversary break - there was still some interpersonal beef, but nothing that affected the game directly.

wolf-driven paranoia apparently made a mess in the cabal, but those of us outside the action had a pretty easy ride early on.

m
mudd

Postby werd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:17 pm

mudd wrote:
wolf-driven paranoia apparently made a mess in the cabal

that was all we ever wanted
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Only the Lucky meltdown caused cabal problems. As far as I know.
universe
dad

Postby werd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:25 pm

so you won't even give us that

thanks man, just crush my spirit

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby surly » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm

you stink werd!!!

...from hanging out with greasefire. the latreene stench just will not wash off, man
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby mudd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:32 pm

yeah i was mostly thinking of pierrot, though i'm sure the death of fuckles put everyone on edge.

m
mudd

Postby werd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm

well yeah they were meant to be amusing, some served a specific purpose and most of those were successful in what we were trying to do but some of our goals were more vague

like a handful were sent out explicitly stating that we had directly infiltrated the cabal with the intention of making people trust it less, and then the pierrot stuff leaving him alive and the timing of killing the lovers and whatnot trying to turn the village against him obviously didn't work as well with most of the villagers but seemed to have some effect on the man himself

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby dr. badvibes » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Snatch wrote:There were definitely divisions in the Village, but they were mostly between Pierrot and an outside party; and yes, the wolf paranoia had a lot to do with that. It's how there ended up being an Inner Cabal that was just me, Pierrot, and Del. Not even LoD was in there at first -- Pierrot didn't let him in until after Lucky Masoncided.

But after all that shit went down, Pierrot left the private room, and the Cabal itself was smooth sailing. Everyone contributed as much as they could (even Badvibes showed up from time to time). It's how we nailed Duke, werd, abs, etc. The Village was screwy because Pierrot kinda impulsively did his own thing, but the Cabal was chill.

After the rules meltdowns and Amp's post about who was whom, the Cabal essentially ceased to exist, and that's when it became a collaborative Village instead of a collaborative Cabal.

drunk mason was not the funnest role, i think, because by the time i woke up you guys already had everything on lock

it was probably a very beneficial outcome for team good but i had nothing to contribute at that point and was just following the cabal's lead

thanks for running the game Alice

MASoN MASON MASON MASON MASON
dr. badvibes

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 pm

I still don't think it was unreasonable to disagree with that call. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
universe
dad

Postby bingo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:22 pm

lol lod
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bingo
man in hammock

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:01 pm

duke wrote:
universe wrote:I still don't think it was unreasonable to disagree with that call. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and i still think it was unreasonable for you to justify your disagreement by complaining about "all the time people have put into this" to alice, the person who volunteered to spend a crazy unreasonable amount of time to make this fun for people and was making a call based on the rules set out at the beginning

also, you had almost certainly already won at that point

not a good look

I think it's a leap to claim that defending the effort a player put into the game was somehow diminishing what Alice did. If anything, I'd hoped it was an argument Alice could relate to.

And like I said, it wasn't about winning or the team's odds at all. Actually "winning" the game isn't what's fun about it, it's all the stuff that happens in between, and I was bummed LOD got bounced for something so silly.
universe
dad

Postby camping » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:02 pm

remember when mikey called me a "bitch" lol
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby sleigh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:14 pm

you had just started to answer a similar trivia question and held back because you were aware of the rules you argued were unclear and shouldn't apply just minutes later

i understand why you think your reaction was reasonable/warranted but you might take under consideration that, as far as i can tell, no one else did
so
sleigh
ok

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:16 pm

I'm not surprised some people felt I was being too hard on Alice, and I know Alice felt that way and I feel bad about that. I get that some people aren't going to be cool about challenging a call like that in the midst of play, but I don't feel that way and think it should be fair game. I think people should be able to disagree with one another without it being regarded as a "fight" or "attack," but I know, again, that that's not a universal thing and people are going to think I'm being fighty or jerky for speaking up about something.

We had a big, loud discussion about it on the evening it happened, obviously, and then we did let it drop. And I played out the game as respectfully as possible.
universe
dad

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 pm

sleigh wrote:you had just started to answer a similar trivia question and held back because you were aware of the rules you argued were unclear and shouldn't apply just minutes later

i understand why you think your reaction was reasonable/warranted but you might take under consideration that, as far as i can tell, no one else did

Yeah, and I would've been really mad if I had slipped and said "Scott Disic's son is named Mason" and gotten bounced from the game, because that would've been really shitty.

edit: Also, I never said the rules were unclear. I just thought it was lame to apply them to people shooting the shit in Slack. Anthony Mason!
universe
dad

Postby fox » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:22 pm

I think that it's childish that you joined ISIS.

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Ram Abbalah wrote:I think that it's childish that you joined ISIS.

Hey, I want to win. The chicken fucking is childish, I'll grant you.
universe
dad

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:28 pm

I fucking hate the Knicks
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby fox » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:29 pm

universe wrote:
Ram Abbalah wrote:I think that it's childish that you joined ISIS.

Hey, I want to win. The chicken fucking is childish, I'll grant you.

It's true. Anybody who does that tends, I assume, to grow out of it. Sort of like yelling self-righteously at the DM.
Last edited by fox on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 pm

It does seem like the person least upset with my demise was me
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 pm

duke wrote:ever watched a little league game where some angry parent steps in to argue over some inconsequential call? and then after it's like, not fun for any of the kids playing?

you're STILL arguing about fairness in a game that was broken for the villagers on day three. sometimes "fair" does not mean "right" or "fun."

"really mad", "really shitty" ... like, what are the stakes for you here? it's fuckin' Pisse Towne Werewolf dude.

Who's arguing?
universe
dad

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:32 pm

I feel like I need to start putting all sorts of emoticons in my posts to defuse them or something
:lol: :lol: :oops: :shock: :o ;) ;) :) :D :) 8-) 8-) 8-) :? :awful:
universe
dad

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Seriously, though, I'm sorry if I spoiled things for you guys. I really didn't think it was out of bounds, but clearly a lot of you disagree, and I'm not looking to antagonize anybody further. Maybe this just isn't the game for me.
universe
dad

Postby Alice » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Uni, you're forgetting one:

Honestly I was severely annoyed at Uni being vocal about LOD's death being unfair, especially when LOD found it hilarious and was very gracious about it. And yes, since the village was winning by a landslide I was less willing to hear and validate his criticism for sure. But after the day off and definitely by the end of the game my annoyance over it started to subside as I'm sure his did as well, and it was back to being chill. I can throw snark and not mean it, and I recognize Uni does the same, so I don't take it personally. I don't hold Uni's reaction against him at all, and I'm glad he didn't walk off. But I'm also really glad it provided the lore a chance to drag him through the mud a little bit, which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

With all that said, I will always strictly enforce the Mason rule in every game I moderate, so please take note. :twisted:
Alice

Postby can't » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Just edit it with a :barney: like I do and you'll be fine.

Oh you have to post in the forum for that to work though.
can't
ride.

Postby universe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Ideally, we could also move on from that bit of the lore, as well.
universe
dad

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:09 pm

you're an idealist now?
palmer eldritch

Postby surly » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:21 pm

three quick things because i don't want to belabor this too much more than it already has been:

1: it probably wasn't the case for lod, but it could have happened to someone like mikey because he joined the game late: the no mason in slack rule had long been expunged from the archives

2: ghosts were interfering with play and trying to get players killed which, regardless of what happened early on with the village test and the SK death, was shitty

3: i know uni was a little hyperbolic (as is his way; just like being a petulant yeller-at-people is my way) but for me, once the deed had been done so to speak, it was about ironing out a way for something like that not to happen again, which is a perfectly good discussion/debate/argument to have
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games