Another Fucking Werewolf Game? Turtles victorious.

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby bluemoon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:38 am

my first instinctive thought when people were urgently talking about voting for me, i assumed it was for mayorship lmao
bluemoon
cruller intentions

Postby bluemoon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 am

it's bc i'm an egomaniac btw
bluemoon
cruller intentions

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

universe wrote:I assume the filibuster was intended as a showcase for greasefire and iambic, but grease dumped his RP way early and iambic never got a chance to use it.

I mean, it was supposed to be something that was initially funny, but also it would be immediately obvious how dangerous it would be in the hands of the turtles.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby universe » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

it's important to remember that bluemoon is always evil.
universe
dad

Postby bluemoon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:42 am

O:^)
bluemoon
cruller intentions

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 am

Luke wrote:
universe wrote:I assume the filibuster was intended as a showcase for greasefire and iambic, but grease dumped his RP way early and iambic never got a chance to use it.

I mean, it was supposed to be something that was initially funny, but also it would be immediately obvious how dangerous it would be in the hands of the turtles.

but I don't think you can sorta hold the "immediately" part against people. it became obvious later. and the surly post shows that their plan was close to makong this an actual rock victory, insanely.
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 am

people that vlookup really fucking likes: alice, bluemoon
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:47 am

You did fuck up though (well maybe not you)

I was so obviously a turtle for so long and nobody did anything about it
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 am

Never should have came to that in the first place
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 am

good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

but I don't think you can sorta hold the "immediately" part against people. it became obvious later. and the surly post shows that their plan was close to makong this an actual rock victory, insanely.

It became obvious later because nobody used it. In my mind, I was expecting someone to rp it day 2 for shits and giggles, and the conditions in which it was an abusable mechanic would occur.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 am

But hey lets piss and moan about this for another 12 hours
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:51 am

but there were too few people to make that a viable strategy. you fuck up and you fuck your team badly. you bring it much closer to this 6-2 thing where turtles win and people didn't want the game to be over in like three days.
good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 am

good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

last I will say about it truly but: if this had been, as you said, a "I post the death whenever I get around to it, the turtles dont know when thatbis, and that's why it's not just a who clicks first" thing, then the game is a tossup at the end. it wasn't. you clearly know this because you will not say it!

it's driving me nuts!
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am

good pups the time for recrimination of the moderator is over
surly
the insult bastard

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 am

it's not recrimination because I do not care about the game and think they would have lost.

I'm just annoyed that I posted a lot of earnest stuff about the filibuster and am just met with weirdness
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

he's basically already said that it maybe could have been implemented better or had a different result, like a +1 vote for that round. you gotta let it go at some point
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am

good pups wrote:
good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

last I will say about it truly but: if this had been, as you said, a "I post the death whenever I get around to it, the turtles dont know when thatbis, and that's why it's not just a who clicks first" thing, then the game is a tossup at the end. it wasn't. you clearly know this because you will not say it!

it's driving me nuts!

Yes.

That was the intention.

The filibuster was going to be unfair at the endgame.

It was designed that way.
Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 am

My regret is that I didn't find a way to make that more obvious to you throughout the course of the game.
Luke

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:00 am

but it waaasnt a toooossssuppp because it waaaaaasnt the waaaaaay yooooou descriiiiibed iiiit
good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:01 am

bye now
good pups

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:49 pm

surly wrote:Image

I thought wolf play. I was in a hostel cabin & didn't understand why I was being told to vote for anyone other than LOD, so that was my immediate response as I tried to log on and make the post all the same, but as I've mentioned the hostel's Airport or whatever Apple calls it had cut out (this wasn't an usual occurence)
so
sleigh
ok

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:51 pm

hah, i was in such a panic that i never bothered to see if you responded or to elaborate further on the how or the why
surly
the insult bastard

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Wrote this up last night when I couldn't sleep in a freezing room. Posting it hopes it'll get people to talk about the game rather than the ending.

The Rt Hon. iambic of House Marble
Truly bummed iambic couldn't make it. Also won't go into detail but iambic's nudging helped lead me to LOD, even though it was all for nothing. So a lot more helpful even in death than many of the living were :twisted:

The Rt Hon. good pups of House Limestone
Totally disagreed with what he was saying about lynching people, but didn't say much cuz I wanted to see how people reacted and was trying to fly under the radar at that time. Thought it karmically perfect that he got Anthony Masoned. You said you wanted some arbitrary banishments, and welp!

The Rt Hon. stakeout of House Feldspar
TBH was a little relieved when stakeout went down. It probably would've become clearer in the mid-endgame, but dude's playstyle is so intentionally all over the place that I can never read him.

The Rt Hon. Alice of House Shale
I'll just say that I hope Alice isn't doomed to a HPNWW lifetime of early night kills. The first person I reached out to, who correctly distrusted me.

The Rt Hon. universe of House Citrine
How'd this guy end up in this game? I think Luke is a little more of a shitstirrer than I give him credit for

Mr. Snatch of The Gravel Confederacy
Was bummed, if not surprised, to see him go down. We had just started talking and were starting to make some progress. This was a really good and probably ultimately a really important call by LOD/BM — I bet if he were around, the conversation around the last day or two would have gone pretty differently.

The Rt Hon. gambra of House Olivine
Sry you died. Had no feel for you until you started posting when the lynch was on the line, realized (albeit too slowly) the handle you had on the game.

The Rt Hon. duke of House Flint
I had decided I could probably trust Duke but didn't really act enough on it. Since I was so worried about tunnel vision w/ me & greasefire, I just wanted to bounce things off duke. There was no reason not be like "Are you sure?" and pressure back a little bit. That was a mistake.

The Rt Hon. greasefire of House Augite
Team good MVP, put the team on his back, right down to organizing our response to a filibuster plan. I think if my wifi hadn't cut out or if more of team good had been active late, this game would've turned out differently.

The Rt Hon. surly of House Basalt
Hard to describe the thrill of receiving a DM from a newspaper telling you how to vote in an message board lying/strategy game. I'll be forever grateful for that.

The Rt Hon. jugdish of House Obsidian
Rocketed up my sus list today, never had a feel for him before that really. Pretty wallpaper

The Rt Hon. fuckles of House Granite
Nudge everyone. Idk another dude that I never got a feel for.

The Rt Hon. bluemoon of House Kimberlite
Really the only complaint I have about the mechanic is that (arguably) I feel a bit robbed of the chance to find out if I would've figured out bluemoon after getting LOD. My guess is probably no. I'm not gonna look at the voting but off the top of my head my list would've been something like fuckles, jugdish & bluemoon, and I think bluemoon would've had a much easier time seeming like a helpful rock than one or both of them.

The Rt Hon. Lord of Diapers, of House Gneiss
You son of a bitch. I should've known the moment you started throwing in asides in PMs about how I need to get on Rocket League. I basically did. Eat shit, fuck you, good game.
so
sleigh
ok

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:13 pm

There will always be a spot for universe in games I run. Very consistent play style on either side, listens to reason, the rp this time was a little too obfuscated, but he's an excellent foil.
Luke

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:42 pm

sleigh wrote:The Rt Hon. good pups of House Limestone
Totally disagreed with what he was saying about lynching people, but didn't say much cuz I wanted to see how people reacted and was trying to fly under the radar at that time. Thought it karmically perfect that he got Anthony Masoned. You said you wanted some arbitrary banishments, and welp!

i don't think my implementation of this strategy was successful but i think it was the right thing to do. i think the order should have been banish at the start and no banish later to buy more time. we needed info at the beginning, we needed bodies at the end.

the only evidence we got against one of the turtles was because of the universe vote, since LoD jumped in it to make a case for greasefire
good pups

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh yeah, thanks for the invite
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby bluemoon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

my dream evil lineup: LoD, greasefire, duke, alice

so scary
bluemoon
cruller intentions

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

I took today off and just woke up from a long nap!
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:46 pm

and as for the issue of PMs:

good pups wrote:only two Houses have responded to my friendly query.

House Gneiss
&
House Kimberlite

}:)
good pups

Postby bluemoon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:47 pm

yeah i nearly had a heart attack when i saw that
bluemoon
cruller intentions

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games