Another Fucking Werewolf Game? Turtles victorious.

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby greasefire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:24 am

also not be killed by those people, so you need at least four people waiting many hours
greasefire

Postby greasefire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:25 am

and even then we still would have needed to click right, so don't give me any shit about not being bold enough.

and if i had filibustered LoD before ant of this then it's just destroying the game
Last edited by greasefire on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
greasefire

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:25 am

Alice wrote:Make a google doc that filibusters have to be written in and then c/p'd from into the thread, wipe it at the start of each day cycle. Create a (anonymous, mod-filtered) role with a multi-use power (3 times per game maybe) that can veto filibusters. Keep Night deadlines firm.

Mechanic holes solved.

unless two people try to write filibusters at the same time
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:26 am

Snatch wrote:
greasefire wrote:
Snatch wrote:The mechanism doesn't exist for consensus, it exists for someone like you who was convinced someone was a turdle. Fortune favors the bold.

that's not playing for your win condition though

It is if you hit a turdle.

And you would have!

And we would've learned nothing from the banishment
so
sleigh
ok

Postby fuckles » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:26 am

game's over grease, i'm sure luke gets the point
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby greasefire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:28 am

fuckles wrote:game's over grease, i'm sure luke gets the point

talking to snatch now, also venting about luke saying we were never bold enough. it's all good. it's just talking.
greasefire

Postby fuckles » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:29 am

okay
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:51 am

BTW Luke as to your point about "you should have used it earlier" — here are a couple of the ways I had imagined it being used:

— A vote is 4-3, you like where it is, you think the remaining players will blow it and you feel strongly enough to drown out their voices
— There are three or four players left, you feel strongly, you either vote first and immediately fillibuster or recruit someone else to vote w/ you and fillibuster

Maybe I'm not understanding you right but given everything else you've indicated about your approach to werewolf strategy I'm surprised the intent for you was for one person to dominate a midgame vote if they felt like someone was suspicious to them
so
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:52 am

Idk don't we have an ongoing werewolf discussion thread for stuff like this? I think this was a really cool game and I'd rather talk about the stuff that happened than a controversial mechanic
so
sleigh
ok

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 am

That feel when Bluemoon sends you a slack message saying 'YESSS' and you realize you are a turtle with a sick tag team partner :twisted: 8-) :twisted:
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby gambra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:29 am

God dammit guys. Why did none of you listen to me. Greasefire was my main suspect due to how hard he was playing the game but then I named both lod and bluemoon as my two other suspects. You all done goofed hard when you voted to off me instead of lod. Forgetting the filibuster mechanic was p dumb too.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:32 am

FWIW two of us didn't vote for you and tried to get others to switch :(
so
sleigh
ok

Postby gambra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 am

I still don't understand why duke put in a vote for me to make me defend myself, he could have just thrown down some accusatory posts but the vote just started a dogpile which people like jugdish jumped on as the info wasn't there for them.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby mcphee » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:26 am

good game, turtles.

to tweak the filibuster rule, I think A) the person doing the filibuster should not be able to vote. And B) there should be a window before it is effective. Like, 1 hour after someone filibusters everyone has the opportunity to out-filibuster them. Word count keeps increasing by 250.

I barely paid attention this time around but even with only a cursory reading of the rules when it started I understood what Luke meant by no c&p, so I don't think surly's complaint has much weight. Plus, you know, you can always ask for clarification. Maybe it should be clarified in future games that employ the mechanic. Also, it seemed like everyone was aware of exactly how this was going to go down before it did (Luke even spelled it out), so rocks had the same opportunity to prep something and F5.

Dunno, seemed like a fun game. Good going LOD and BM.
THIS IS TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE.
mcphee

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 am

I haven't checked in in a while. were there any good meltdowns, and what pages are those on?
iambic

Postby universe » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 am

sleigh wrote:3. We did get info from it but not nearly as much info as we should have. He might as well have been a tanner. In retrospect it was obvious: he didn't care, and we should've been able to piece that together at the time. He was outright saying so. Anyways, this was terrible for the village, this was basically a wasted day and a wasted rock.

God I can't win with you guys. I'm not sure what you wanted me to do. I went out of my way to address the criticisms I took last game, and the main reason you guys focused on me was because I "wasn't being as annoying." I did defend myself but your reasons for suspecting me were so lame there wasn't much I could do. You and grease need to own what a bad vote this was and stop claiming I was tanking on purpose.
universe
dad

Postby universe » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:42 am

Did anyone ultimately successfully argue their way out of a banishment? I don't see how that's even possible in a game set up like this.
universe
dad

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

Uni be glad you got out before the game got truly idiotic.
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

iambic wrote:I haven't checked in in a while. were there any good meltdowns, and what pages are those on?

Look for any greasefire post
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 am

universe wrote:Did anyone ultimately successfully argue their way out of a banishment? I don't see how that's even possible in a game set up like this.

I never even got a chance to argue my way out of banishment, which is my favorite thing to do
iambic

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:27 am

LOD, you couldn't let old iambic live through a single night? cmon, guy
iambic

Postby delgriffith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:35 am

lordofdiapers wrote:Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?

delgriffith

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 am

iambic you can read me like a book and you know it
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:39 am

mcphee wrote:good game, turtles.

to tweak the filibuster rule, I think A) the person doing the filibuster should not be able to vote. And B) there should be a window before it is effective. Like, 1 hour after someone filibusters everyone has the opportunity to out-filibuster them. Word count keeps increasing by 250.

I barely paid attention this time around but even with only a cursory reading of the rules when it started I understood what Luke meant by no c&p, so I don't think surly's complaint has much weight. Plus, you know, you can always ask for clarification. Maybe it should be clarified in future games that employ the mechanic. Also, it seemed like everyone was aware of exactly how this was going to go down before it did (Luke even spelled it out), so rocks had the same opportunity to prep something and F5.

Dunno, seemed like a fun game. Good going LOD and BM.

yeah, I don't think the copy and paste thing matters, all they had to do was copy and paste their votes

the window of time thing actually does "matter" and they did ask about this.
good pups

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 am

Del the fact that you didnt even have to ask which tag belt I wanted makes me love you all the more
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:41 am

and by window of time I just mean that it's crazy for the side that knows who everyone is to also pretty much know when the night kill is going up so they don't have to stick around for hours
good pups

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 am

I think the main thing about the filibuster I'd add is that they'd have to remain in character.

I was debating cutting out the sections of lod's where he was talking about Rocket League and disqualifying it based off of not enough word count, but bluemoon had one in the holster immediately afterward, so it was a moot point.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 am

thats the only problem I see with it sort of, but it's the biggest one I can imagine, and Luke also kinda kept things unclear about it even though a number of questions were asked directly about if the turtles would know when the night vote was being posted.
good pups

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games