Another Fucking Werewolf Game? Turtles victorious.

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

and as sleigh eluded, i used my office's official twitter account to try to get him online
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 am

Luke wrote:
Luke wrote:6-2
tonight's kill
5-2
immediate filibuster by turt #1
4-2
night kill
3-2
immediate filibuster by turt #2
2-2
turtles win

There's still plenty of room for panicking if you're a rock, don't get me wrong.

If I hadn't posted that, the issue of timing wouldn't have even come up for the remaining rocks until it was already 3-2.

Also, this has been our exact plan for days and this post made me get in touch with bluemoon and we decided to do it late last night.After grease went bonkers over the fili prospect we were gonna make him sweat for a full 24.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:15 am

I mean luke you can see from the posts I quoted that the issue of timing was already being talked about.

I was following along at work at like 3:30 for the banishment. the night kill wasn't posted till I got home like 4 and a half hours later. grease and fuckles and surly and Duke and sleigh were all around during that entire time. they almost copied and pasted in time anyway (LoD you can go back and see that multiple people were there - its just way harder for everyone to stay ready to click when they have to wait INDEFINITELY)

to also be like "you fucked up so bad idiots stop whining" - dudes, come in, just admit that that shit was nearly impossible. the imbalance of power there is objectively nuts.
good pups

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 am

surly wrote:i was screaming in slack trying to find jugdish

it was past my bedtime bb, sorry.
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:18 am

new rule for next time: all players must forego sleep for the entirety of the game in case of a possible filibuster
surly
the insult bastard

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 am

also my apologies for being such a dick to greasefire, i never once thought he was wolfy but if spamming the thread is really encouraged by the game structure, i would recommend a different structure. i found this game very irritating and not engaging, in general.

no offense to luke either! it was totally worth trying out the model, i just realized early on that i didn't like it :\
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 am

im such a baby about sleep, it definitely annoys my gf who is one of those people who can be high functioning on 6 hours. anything less than 8 & im a prickly lil crab all day.
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 am

and I say this as someone who did fuck up badly in a way that cost us big for voting.

and as someone who doesn't think rocks would have pulled it out anyway. because the turtles were great at what they did.

but cut the shit. the timing thing was impossible. you guys being unwilling to countenance that (while also being like "yeah turtles won losers!! cuz you fucked up idiots!!") - its protesting too much. it's not hard to see that
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:23 am

i mean i think bluemoon and lod celebrating is fine. they earned it and this relatively minor thing shouldn't take away from the fact that they played a great game

i just wanna make sure this thing is fixed for next time someone wants to use it
surly
the insult bastard

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 am

I didn't mean them, sorry, I meant Luke
good pups

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 am

they also wrote funny filibusters and deserve celebration for that
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:29 am

I would scratch the filibuster, honestly

it was funny in content, and I'm glad it got rolled out to success, but there are just too many rule quibbles around it to not cause headaches for everyone and especially the narrator
iambic

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 am

Sure. I had intended it to be a roleplay mechanic. I assumed that more people would've wanted to use it, and the danger would've been a little more organically apparent throughout the game.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 am

Probably a +1 to your vote would be a better idea.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 am

surly
the insult bastard

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 am

lol
good pups

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

universe wrote:I assume the filibuster was intended as a showcase for greasefire and iambic, but grease dumped his RP way early and iambic never got a chance to use it.

I mean, it was supposed to be something that was initially funny, but also it would be immediately obvious how dangerous it would be in the hands of the turtles.
Luke

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 am

Luke wrote:
universe wrote:I assume the filibuster was intended as a showcase for greasefire and iambic, but grease dumped his RP way early and iambic never got a chance to use it.

I mean, it was supposed to be something that was initially funny, but also it would be immediately obvious how dangerous it would be in the hands of the turtles.

but I don't think you can sorta hold the "immediately" part against people. it became obvious later. and the surly post shows that their plan was close to makong this an actual rock victory, insanely.
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 am

people that vlookup really fucking likes: alice, bluemoon
surly
the insult bastard

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:47 am

You did fuck up though (well maybe not you)

I was so obviously a turtle for so long and nobody did anything about it
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 am

Never should have came to that in the first place
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 am

good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

but I don't think you can sorta hold the "immediately" part against people. it became obvious later. and the surly post shows that their plan was close to makong this an actual rock victory, insanely.

It became obvious later because nobody used it. In my mind, I was expecting someone to rp it day 2 for shits and giggles, and the conditions in which it was an abusable mechanic would occur.
Luke

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 am

But hey lets piss and moan about this for another 12 hours
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:51 am

but there were too few people to make that a viable strategy. you fuck up and you fuck your team badly. you bring it much closer to this 6-2 thing where turtles win and people didn't want the game to be over in like three days.
good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 am

good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

last I will say about it truly but: if this had been, as you said, a "I post the death whenever I get around to it, the turtles dont know when thatbis, and that's why it's not just a who clicks first" thing, then the game is a tossup at the end. it wasn't. you clearly know this because you will not say it!

it's driving me nuts!
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am

good pups the time for recrimination of the moderator is over
surly
the insult bastard

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 am

it's not recrimination because I do not care about the game and think they would have lost.

I'm just annoyed that I posted a lot of earnest stuff about the filibuster and am just met with weirdness
good pups

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

he's basically already said that it maybe could have been implemented better or had a different result, like a +1 vote for that round. you gotta let it go at some point
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am

good pups wrote:
good pups wrote:
Luke wrote:

last I will say about it truly but: if this had been, as you said, a "I post the death whenever I get around to it, the turtles dont know when thatbis, and that's why it's not just a who clicks first" thing, then the game is a tossup at the end. it wasn't. you clearly know this because you will not say it!

it's driving me nuts!

Yes.

That was the intention.

The filibuster was going to be unfair at the endgame.

It was designed that way.
Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 am

My regret is that I didn't find a way to make that more obvious to you throughout the course of the game.
Luke

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games