Harry Potter WW-Team Good Wins, Voldemort is defeated

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby Catullus » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:43 pm

It's 1979 and a war is brewing. Voldemort is gathering a small army of Death Eaters, and their aim is to overpower the Ministry of Magic and change the wizarding world. To keep the world pure, and make sure that wizards are at the top, they will need to infiltrate and eliminate any wizards in their way. Once they're in power, nothing will stop them from ridding the world of Mudbloods and traitors, and being sure that muggles know their true masters-real wizards. It's up to the forces of good to fight against evil and protect the innocent. Only catch? The Death Eaters are very good at hiding in plain sight. To root them out will take all the combined efforts of the good witches and wizards of Great Britain.

What side will you be on?

The forces of good have gathered the Wizengamot to try those suspected of being in legion with He Who Must Not Be Named, and panic is setting in. If they don't send them to Azkaban, the whole Ministry might fall to Voldemort, and their lives will never be the same. All of Team Evil are either unknown as to their status as DE or not, or are currently hiding under polyjuice as 'normal' wizards.

Trust no one.

Rules:
http://hpnhpww.insanejournal.com/2185.html
Note: Please actually slack DM me your night roles, even if you choose not to scan or whatever each night, so as not to overload my inbox

Roles:
http://hpnhpww.insanejournal.com/654.html

Players:
kit fox-DEAD, Head Boy
duke
suspension bridge
gambra
hey look
geoff
adam trask
VH Balanced
Guy Incognito, DEAD, False Seer
Luke
Capital-DEAD, Most Loyal Follower
Lord of Diapers
DRAGONS-DEAD, ministry
phineas gage-DEAD, ministry
blue moon-DEAD, Death Eater
parades-DEAD, Legilmens
john plainman-DEAD, ministry
cash4gold
narc blossom
grammatron
big cat
Spotlight Kid-DEAD, ministry
Stakeout-DEAD, ministry
seperator -DEAD, Death Eater
iambic
mikey-DEAD, Voldemort
Casimir-DEAD, OOP
surly
fuckles
snitch
Kaputt-DEAD, MWPP (Remus)
sleigh
ecto
The Emperor's Son-DEAD, pensieve
internetstrange

*=please contact me ASAP w/at least name/av and fill out form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16VO3UUrg7kkCDmPfaR3OIQpr3ZA7BTTnKdPEjTgQais/viewform?usp=send_form

Current Standing: 13 to 4

Objects in Play:
Philosopher's Stone
Elder Wand
Cloak of Invisibility
Resurrection Stone

Bios:
http://hpnhpww.insanejournal.com/1664.html

Cycle Recaps:
http://hpnhpww.insanejournal.com/1971.html

Link to planning thread
http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90368

To Vote:

A vote for Dementor's Kiss:
Code: Select all
[color=#FF0000]catullus[/color]

catullus

To rescind a vote:
Code: Select all
[color=#40FF00]catullus[/color]

catullus
Last edited by Catullus on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 30 times in total.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 pm

The evening was calm, not even a little wind to stir the trees. The silence was deafening to Juniper Pepperpot, whose job at Honeyduke's kept her working on sweets long after most had gone home. Her wrist gave a flick as she switched the sign from 'open' to 'close' at last, her voice echoing strangely along the empty streets as she said the charm to lock the door.

There was nothing amiss, she told herself, pulling her cloak around her shoulders, the fall air chill even if there was no breeze. It would be winter soon, she could feel it in her bones. She thought of her flat, and the fire she would build, when she heard steps behind her. She thought nothing of it, until she heard the rustle of robes and more shuffling feet, and her name spoken softly.

Juniper turned, and her face went white as she was faced with dark figures in cloaks, masks obscuring their face, no expression to be found.

Before she even had time to scream, the words were out of the center figure's unmoving mouth-"AVADA KEDAVRA!" it cried out, and the last thing Juniper saw was a flash of light. The figures approached, grabbing her wand from where it lay useless. It had fallen from her pocket. "These are for real wizards," the figure said, snapping the oak wood in half as the others laughed.

And with a rustle of their dark robes, there was a loud pop, and they apparrated away.
Last edited by Catullus on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby palmer eldritch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:18 pm

The state of play:

It is currently Day 6.

Please DM a moderator (catullus, me, or snatch) on Slack if you have any questions about your role or the game. Everyone should have received an invite email, if you haven't you should post in the housekeeping thread.

Objects currently in play:

Philosopher's Stone - this stone is passed daily, and the recipient of it is protected from scans by team evil that night.
The Elder Wand - the owner of the Elder Wand can avoid any night action death by either team. the wand is passed through dueling.
Cloak of Invisibility - the holder can avoid detection from any death, including Dementor's Kiss. however, it will only hide any particular person once.
Last edited by palmer eldritch on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
palmer eldritch

Postby Luke » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:39 pm

*Emmanuel pours Old Granddad in his WORLD'S BEST WIZARD mug, and gently closes his door.

There's been talk about a hangover cure potion going around, but he never got any, and the prospect of leaving his dark office to ask for a bottle is too daunting.

No, best just stay here and hope nobody comes to ask him about anything until at least 1.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby john plainman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 pm

Biff broods in his booth, pondering the letter that his owl dropped off this morning over a bottle of firewhisky.
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Luke » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Looks like we have our theme!
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Can a group of alcoholic wizards defeat the forces of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

Well, probably, cause Team Evil's gonna be a bunch of drunks, too.
Luke

Postby mikey » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi everyone
sordid affair wrote:who is the government to tell me whether or not i can have a four loko w/ my pop tart
mikey
Voldemort

Postby snitch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Allimas realizes it's later than she thought. She's been in the library for hours now, doing research on wing aerodynamics of the Hungarian Horntail. The library closed 30 minutes ago yet no one seemed to be looking for her. "I wonder how long I could stay here unnoticed," she thought. "Oh well, I should probably pack up anyway. I hear Hagrid has been caring for a baby Common Welsh Green. Maybe I should pay him a visit on my way home."
regular ol' slokra wrote:i have got to be the winner of having made most coworkers say the words "donnie barbados" out loud
snitch
ok

Postby internetstrange » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Ariana Sumpfblatt arrived at work precisely on time. As usual. Robe tidy, boots laced. She looked at the door and sighed.

LARS MASLOW
AUROR

She tried the handle. Locked. He wasn't in. No surprise there. He hadn't been in in days.

She appreciated all the favors that her father had pulled to get her into the Auror Internship Program before she'd even graduated from Hogwarts. But did they have to stick her with such a loser?

She fished her key out from underneath her robes and let herself into Lars' office. They'd used a few stack of books and a flat plank to make a temporary desk for her in the corner of the room. She sat down, set her bag on the floor. Reached one pale hand into it and pulled out an albino mouse. She wished they'd put her with someone a little more...capable. Someone that could actually teach her something. Maybe even someone a little more liberal than those fuddy-duddies in the Defense Against the Dark Arts Department at Hogwarts. They were always going on and on about the "ethics" of magic, which spells one ought to cast, which spells one should never mention. They were so skrewtblasted superstitious about the whole thing. There was a whole world of magic out there—spells to learn, hexes to invent, curses to unravel. What was the point of going to Hogwarts if you were going to spend the rest of your life using cantrips to squeak through the day?

She set the mouse down on her improvised desk. It sat still, its nose working. Sure, she wished the Auror Internship Program were a little more demanding. But she did appreciate having a little space all to herself. It gave her an opportunity to study.

She poked her wand at the mouse. "Defodio."

Nothing happened. She set her jaw.

"Defodio." Nothing. No, wait. One of its whiskers fell to the desk.

Encouraged, she tried again. "Defodio." An invisible force carved into the mouses haunch, spilling blood, muscle and fur onto the table. It squeaked and tried to run. She pinned it with her hand and observed the arc, angle, and precision of the cut. It was good. It could be better.

Ariana smiled. "Defodio."
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby wendy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Wendy sat in front of the fire in her parents' living room, a charm theory book open in front of her, wishing there was someone on whom she could practice memory charms. She'd pretty much decided the first year of Auror training is all rubbish -- how are you supposed to know you can do something if all you've ever done is read about it? She made a mental note to check Moody's personnel file the next time she was in the office to see how well he scored on his training tests, but the thought of Moody catching her -- or worse, Scrimgeour catching her and reporting it to Moody -- was so terrifying that she decided just to do it now. Wendy got up, grabbed her bag, and left without a word to her parents, apparating to the public toilet in Whitehall. When she was sure she was alone she Floo'd into the Ministry which was cavernous and empty, save for a house elf mopping in a corner. Wendy hurried quietly to the elevator, stepped inside, and closed the gate. It didn't move.

For fuck's sake.

How does this damn thing work? There's always an operator. She thought hard, trying to picture her ride up to the office every morning. What was it that, er, Mike? What's his name, Brian? No, it's definitely Mike. Or Mark. Or Matt. Or Brian. There's got to be more than one, hasn't there? Yes. Must be. She tried to picture what it was that one of possibly four different people did every morning to get her where she needed to go but it turns out, she realized guiltily, that she'd never paid them much notice before.

Um. Take me to the Auror Office, please.

The elevator didn't move.

Elevator, please take me to the Office of Aurors.

Auror office!

Please take me to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Auror Office, please.

PLEASE.

S'il vous plaît?

I need to go to the Auror Office. Now.

Right now!

.....Now.

Accio Alastor Moody's personnel file.

No shit that didn't work, you dolt.

Ascendio?

The house elf, having heard her voice echoing down the empty lobby, came trudging over to the elevators, mop in tow. He looked Wendy up and down, trying to decide, perhaps, if she was permitted to be there after hours, then approached. He reached through the gate and tapped a panel inside the elevator. Buttons appeared. He looked at her and then, with great deliberation (as if she was possibly stupid), he slowly pressed the one labeled "Department of Magical Law Enforcement - Auror Headquarters." The elevator sprung into motion, taking her away.

Wendy waved gratefully.

Hey, thanks!
wendy

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Arden O'Kane flies through the night sky on the back of Carl, his Thestral companion. It fucking rules.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby internetstrange » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Ariana, uh, gets her things.
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby internetstrange » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Thestral felch.

"Why's that, Mr. Maslow?" Ariana asks, saccharine-sweet. While he's drinking she mutters a quick spell—the mice parts on her desk shudder and turn into a pile of orange slices. The illusion won't last long, but hopefully Lars won't either. "Are there dark wizards at the pub?"
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby surly » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:20 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Luke » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey, I'm gonna need to be added to the slack or given emails for mods if you guys want to be cc'ed on backchannelling, cause I'm gonna get started on that with or without you.
Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Oh wait, it's hpnhpww@gmail.com.
Luke

Postby internetstrange » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:27 pm

stakeout wrote:nothing like that, no...i just got some very disturbing news and when i get very disturbing news i get the hankering for a margarita...don't you??? anyway, besisdes that, i thought maybe i should discuss it with you...as it seems your days of mutilating albino mice in my office while i sleep with muggle prostitutes are over...and your days of being an auror might just be beginning...

sips the flask again and burps.

Interesting.

"Fine, Mr. Maslow. Let's go to the pub." Ariana gestures with her wand and the orange slices turn back into mice. Guess she hadn't been as subtle as she thought.
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby wendy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Alohamora.

Wendy opened the personnel drawer labeled L - S and pulled out Moody's file. She sat at her desk -- more of a table, really, that she shared with the other trainees -- and flipped through it.

Good grades at Hogwarts, obviously, no mention of quidditch -- clearly, he would never give a damn about that waste of time, Auror training...

Bastard.

From what she could tell he'd surpassed the first year of training completely by requesting to take, and then passing, his practicals. Why hadn't Wendy thought of that?

Well, no matter. She was no longer going to stay behind at the office to practice magic tricks with the other trainees. She was going to go out in the field with Scrimgeour and, if he didn't want her, she figured, Moody would.

She snorted.

No, he wouldn't. But then, Moody didn't want to work with anybody.

Somebody would take her, though, certainly. She'd proven herself to be more than capable thus far.

She tried to pinpoint that itch in her brain. What was it she was looking for? Adventure? No. That was too simple. But the itch felt simple, as if it could be easily met, but with what? What did she want to
do? What was she looking to gain?

Fuck if I know.

But it was almost there, in her grasp. It was vague, as she suspected it would be, but suddenly something clicked: she wanted to duel. Not in a controlled environment like in her Defense Against the Dark Arts classes at Hogwarts. Not even like the year and half long hex war she got into with Snivellus that nearly got them both expelled (and landed several students who had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time landed in the hospital wing [really, what kind of psychopath invents a spell like sectumsempra?]). She wanted real life holy-shit-I-could-die dueling against someone who wanted to win as badly as she does. It wasn't that she was out for blood -- no, she hadn't lost enough to hold grudges or seen enough to want vengeance, and she was young enough to believe her desires were pure. Still, she felt guilty thinking it, about dueling, about the act of casting off curse after curse and really meaning it, knowing it was wrong to glamorize such things, and knowing her parents would be heartbroken if anything happened to her. But she wanted to fight, that was becoming clearer with each second. And not just fight -- fight for something. And, frankly, something horrible is going happen to all of them at some point anyway. Everybody's got to die, after all. So why shouldn't it mean something?
wendy

Postby Geoff » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:03 pm

It was just another day for Marleboyle, his grand task of the day was to sort historic documents from Hesphae to Hesphaf, an arduous task, but in Maryleboyle eye's a fascinating chance to gain insight into history.

The first document to explore was a document by Hesphaestus Gore, the minister of magic from 1752-1770, regarding the Goblin Rebellion of 1761, a refusal of amnesty of werewolves involved in the failed rebellion of the Goblin Vargot. 'Ah' said Maryleboyle, remembering something he sorted 12 years prior, 'this Goblin may well have been a house-elf, and was killed on year after, if only Hesphaestus could offered an olive branch perhaps this could have been avoided'. as he opened the filling cabinet to fill the document. 'Well only another 20,000 files to sort today!'.
Geoff
ok

Postby snitch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Hagrid greets Allimas with a warm smile and big hug. "I hope I'm not intruding," she says. "Of course not," replies Hagrid. Allimas smiles. It's not like Hagrid would tell her otherwise. He's always been so kind. The two bonded over dragons when Allimas was at Hogwarts and they've remained close since she graduated. "Has it really been 13 years?" she thinks.

"I bet I know why you're here," He said. "Meet Lucy, she was an abandoned runt when I found her. She's improved so much since."

"Poor girl."

Allimas reached her hand out to Lucy. The baby dragon responded by rubbing her nose against Allimas' hand.

Allimas has been working with dragons for years now, but no matter how much time passes, she remains in awe of the magnificent creatures.

"I am slightly troubled though." Hagrid interrupted her thoughts. "Lucy's been extremely restless the past couple days. Like she senses something. I can't be certain, but there's a strange feeling in the air. Like something's about to happen."
regular ol' slokra wrote:i have got to be the winner of having made most coworkers say the words "donnie barbados" out loud
snitch
ok

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Carl the Thestral does that cool thing where he climbs straight up and then dives straight down. Just before it's too late he pulls out of the dive and skims the top of the English Channel with his hooves. It is totally sweet.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby kit fox » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Mike checked his watch again, despite having looked at it just 15 seconds prior. "Christ, Tence, what's the fucking hold up?" he muttered to no-one. Mike had gotten used to Tence being late early on in their first year, having to cover for him in class. All the Silverbeams seemed to run a few minutes behind, but it was usually by five or ten minutes. Half an hour was unusual. "Maybe a late breaking quidditch result? Not exactly something to stop the presses over, and besides, he's the beat writer for the Cannons, who in addition to being totally inept, don't even play til Tuesday next."

He rolled another cigarette. "Incendio."

Though he tried to play it off on the fact that he'd been chain smoking for the last half hour, he was starting to get an uneasy feeling. It had become impossible to ignore the headlines, and there had been an increasingly nervous energy around Diagon Alley. Tence had said he had some very urgent news regarding some deliveries they had been involved with. Certainly nothing Mike wanted to discuss by owl. If it was important enough for Mike to ask Harold to cover for him at the apothecary for the afternoon, despite knowing that he'd return to a mess of loose herbs littered around the jars, and Harold never remembering to water the shop plants, it should be important enough for Tence to be on time. At least on time for a Silverbeam.

"Fuck it." he mumbled, again to no-one, and ducked inside the pub. He hoped a Daisyroot Draught might calm his nerves while he continued to wait for his friend, and checked his watch again. "40 minutes, Tence, what's the fucking hold up?"
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby The Emperor's Son » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:33 pm

[moved to planning thread]
The Emperor's Son

Postby john plainman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:29 pm

With a heavy sigh, Biff opens the letter that lies in front of him. He flips over the paper several times, somewhat confused. The parchment is blank.
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby internetstrange » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Ariana stands, watching Lars evenly. It's been four hours since he suggested they go to the pub. Since then he's stood in the middle of the room, swaying on his feet and occasionally sipping on his flask. Neither of them have spoken. What is this? A test? She's up to it. She won't be the first to break.
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby surly » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Marcin Gortat ponders his career whilst standing on the quidditch court. Ah, yes. The double double against Orlando. The dunks. Oh, the dunks. Marcin grabs a quidditch ball, dribbles up the court and dunks it into the quidditch net. He admires the bent quidditch rim. Yes, I will teach the next generation to cast the Dunkio spell.
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby separator » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Finn stared at his wand sitting on the coffee table and back out the only window in the bare living room. It was a particularly sunny day for November. Getting off the couch for the first time in hours, he closed the blinds. Sinking back into the cushions, he focused on front page of his Daily Prophet. Another disappearance. He wondered if it was a case his old partner was working on. “There’s no way he would he would respond if I asked anyways,” he thought to himself, “Not since the incident.”
:(
separator

Postby snitch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Hagrid's words are still running through her head as she enters the potions shop. Although its out of her way, Pervel's Powders & Potions is one of the few she's still allowed to enter.

Allimas has a history of violent outbursts directed at shop keepers who choose to stock their shelves with certain brands of powdered dragon horn (most commonly coming from the Romanian Longhorn, a species whose numbers are drastically in decline due to the desirability of their horns). These brands are well-known amongst Dragon Rights Activists for their brutal and unethical tactics in dragon horn removal; practices often leaving the creature for dead or killing it outright.

Because of these outbursts, there were few potions shops that still welcomed her business.

"There are humane ways to remove a dragon's horn," she thought. "Methods that don't harm the creature or result in its senseless slaughter. How do we live in a time where such barbaric practices are still the norm? People are just greedy. I sure would like to slowly grind their noses into a fine powder...See how they like it."
snitch
ok

Postby ecto » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Rubeus stormed into the meeting room. "C'mon lads," he exclaimed. "Who's ready for the pub?!"

His attitude coming out of college could only be described by an outsider as "youthful exuberance." His coworkers described his relentless attempts to socialize as "annoying." As usual, his offer was met with grumbles and a few "I'm a bit tired, Rubeus"es mixed in.

"Bloody 'ell," he thought to himself, "I need to find new friends."
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto
ok

Next

Return to Board Games