HPNWW #9 The Oracle of Thanatos Game Over Evil Wins

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:51 pm

i would love for either of you to mentor me next game
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

get down to brass tacks
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby bongo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

step one is embracing chilling
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 56241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:53 pm

i don't "chill"
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby internetstrange » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:08 pm

werd wrote:See #4 ended up having similar problems due to the lovers and villager test

did everyone go at Alice for his "broken" game mechanics?

no, because the village won

well this time the wolves won and I would argue that the outcome of this game was open ended longer than that one

so, so many people yelled at Alice, dude
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
User avatar
internetstrange
mood ring
 
Posts: 20474
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby Catullus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah everyone yells at the mods, that's how these things work.

I mean, definitely thanks for running the game, broken brain or no.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
User avatar
Catullus
Our McGonagall
 
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: South Florida, as yet above water

Postby werd » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:17 pm

internetstrange wrote:
werd wrote:See #4 ended up having similar problems due to the lovers and villager test

did everyone go at Alice for his "broken" game mechanics?

no, because the village won

well this time the wolves won and I would argue that the outcome of this game was open ended longer than that one

so, so many people yelled at Alice, dude


not for the reasons I mentioned

universe getting mad that the village had some minor set backs is not the same as some people calling the whole game trash because it became unbalanced due to a mechanic that wasn't fully thought through

which is what is happening here
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes


hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
User avatar
werd
cooler than laserblast
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 am
Location: idiot piss man

Postby inspectorhound » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Image

werd rips and slays
User avatar
inspectorhound
 
Posts: 18233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:20 pm

werd
i abused you the whole game
i could not go back to sleep after finding out trask died
i banned you
and i thought it was really neat and fun

please don't feel bad. i think almost everyone had a really good time, even when we were having a really bad time
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:22 pm

part of what i like so much about werewolf is being consumed by anxiety and fear and frustration about something that's optional and fictional

like harry potter werewolf was so stressful for me i was sleeping like around 4 or 5 hours a night

and it was such a relief AND EVEN FUN to be that stressed about Not Real Life, even when i was tired and cranky and on edge

so that's definitely a big part of it for me. but maybe i'm masochistic
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:23 pm

my role was the Chuggo
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 22827
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:24 pm

i do feel bad for accosting my husband last week when he asked me if i'd want greek for dinner

although to be fair he didn't specify for dinner

he said, "how do you feel about greek?"

and i told him my opinions on it, loudly
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:26 pm

thanks to werd and vhb for being awesome dudes

even though I didn't like how this game went I thought the framing story was really cool
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 22827
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:27 pm

i figured out the phrasing
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby werd » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

hell yes 100 pages eat it haters

thank you so much to everyone who played vh and I had a ton of fun designing this thing and we know most of you had a great time playing despite its shortcomings

next time I decide to mod a game I'm just gonna name it calvinball and see how many of you still sign up
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes


hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
User avatar
werd
cooler than laserblast
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 am
Location: idiot piss man

Postby fuckles » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

i would play calvinball so hard
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
User avatar
fuckles
 
Posts: 34548
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm
Location: balls deep in a dumpster

Postby adamtrask » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:31 pm

werd wrote:hell yes 100 pages eat it haters

thank you so much to everyone who played vh and I had a ton of fun designing this thing and we know most of you had a great time playing despite its shortcomings

next time I decide to mod a game I'm just gonna name it calvinball and see how many of you still sign up


i'd play calvinball if i knew that's what i was signing up for ;)

love you guys, thanks for modding. i know it takes a bunch of work.
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.
User avatar
adamtrask
funny boy #1
 
Posts: 11207
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:32 pm

bingo wrote:internethound is my favorite WW player usually besides pierrot


----- December 7th -----

palmer_eldritch [5:42 PM]
I don't care which side he's on, I love hound
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 22827
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby adamtrask » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:33 pm

I think the shitshow subtitle should also be "Game Over Evil Wins"
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.
User avatar
adamtrask
funny boy #1
 
Posts: 11207
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Postby sevenarts » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:34 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:
bingo wrote:internethound is my favorite WW player usually besides pierrot


----- December 7th -----

palmer_eldritch [5:42 PM]
I don't care which side he's on, I love hound


Luckily hound doesn't care which side he's on either. ;) Love you, hound.
User avatar
sevenarts
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: NY

Postby Catullus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:36 pm

IH and bingo got shit but they were great, ngl

stakeout is still my fav, I think I might have something wrong with me
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
User avatar
Catullus
Our McGonagall
 
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: South Florida, as yet above water

Postby john plainman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Snatch wrote:werewolf and mood disorder might actually like

be my life
User avatar
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Postby surly » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:13 pm

love that werd is still bitter about that one time he played werewolf

village sucked, mods sucked (but were gracious in their suckage and my yelling at them), wolves played adequately
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
User avatar
surly
the insult bastard
 
Posts: 28219
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: MD

Postby surly » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:17 pm

in game: c+. never take a nap before a deadline.

As a ghost? a+++
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
User avatar
surly
the insult bastard
 
Posts: 28219
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: MD

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:30 pm

sorry i helped kill you
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby Geoff » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:32 pm

I felt so guilty being evil in the game.

Sorry folks, I love you all for real.
User avatar
Geoff
ok
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:33 am

Postby Catullus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Geoff you're legit sweet, I could never hate you.

Good thing I didn't die that day though! I might have said something real different!
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
User avatar
Catullus
Our McGonagall
 
Posts: 12087
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: South Florida, as yet above water

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:37 pm

geoff.
User avatar
wendy
 
Posts: 35035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: a treehouse

Postby bluemoon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Snatch wrote:werewolf and chill might actually like

be my life


same except werewolf and no chill
User avatar
bluemoon
cruller intentions
 
Posts: 7671
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am

Postby bongo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:42 pm

im gonna ask a lovely lady to Werewolf and Bicker tonight at the bar
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 56241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: motore immobile

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users