HPNWW #9 The Oracle of Thanatos Game Over Evil Wins

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby death is my amigo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 am

What if we thought of our communication with the Gods as a sort of bonus for being wrong. He was now standing upright and doing his damnedest to stay balanced, occasionally leaning with one arm against the tree in a manner he hoped said "cool and relaxed"
so
death is my amigo
ok

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 am

the best stick, I guess
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:19 am

Catullus wrote:One might wonder why we're voting for people when we haven't even learned anything about anyone yet. It seems Palmer is very skilled at naked wrestling though.

it's fun to wrestle but read this post and my post from last page and let's talk a little if you're not silenced?
palmer eldritch

Postby Catullus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:23 am

Mia Thermopolis sat on a rock near the temple, taking in the words that the demigoddess was saying. They rang true, though she wasn't sure how comfortable she was just killing indiscriminately. Stakeout might be rash but he was smart. He would be valuable later on, wouldn't he? She thought about who might make a good early sacrifice. Even if someone good does, it would be important to be able to give our Seer the sight.

Alice, you speak true. But I don't know if stakeout is one we should lose so quickly.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby surly » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:26 am

Let's see how you grab hold of a man with no hands!

I challenge palmer to a wrestling match.

Oh, and no sacrifice, of course.
Last edited by surly on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Casimir » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:30 am

No sacrifice

Until further developments, going to ride out the no sacrifice wave. This Alice character sure is indiscriminately thirsty for blood. I think I'll go ponder that while I slop up some olive oil (first pressing, of course) on this delicious loaf of charred flatbread.
Casimir

Postby VHB » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am

Almost all surviving artifacts from the Thanatosian Cult depict wrestling. Archaeologists and historians agree they must have held it in high esteem, and postulate it may even have had religious significance. Perhaps the matches determined the sacrificial victim somehow? (1)

Palmer Eldritch has pinned Surly. Palmer now has 7 votes and Surly is silenced for the day period, and his vote is negated.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby inspectorhound » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:39 am

the hound Molossus awakes from his mid-day slumber
uh, guys, i know sticks

and this stick appears to be greasy as hell
inspectorhound

Postby fuckles » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 am

let's continue this folly

fondles grapes

i challenge palmer to a wrestling match
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby Catullus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:41 am

No kill

Right now, as I can see it, there's too great a chance our scans will be fruitless even if our sacrifice does open our Seer's Eye. We must be patient and hope the gods protect us.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am

pierrot has also pointed out to me that drugged greeks scan as cultist so the payoff of D1 lynch for seer scan might be lower

said the stick
palmer eldritch

Postby death is my amigo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:43 am

Stick is wise. I now worship stick. Who wants to join my stick cult?
so
death is my amigo
ok

Postby Alice » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 am

Ok, fellow cultists have convinced me to bury the hatchet for the time being. So I will.

stakeout

no sacrifice
Alice

Postby werd » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 am

fuckles wrote:let's continue this folly

fondles grapes

i challenge palmer to a wrestling match

it was hard fought, but eventually the rock lost to a stick

palmer eldritch wins the naked wrestling and has eight votes for the day

fuckles is silenced for the rest of the day
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby werd » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 am

the current vote is

no sacrifice 11

you disgust me
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby kit fox » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:53 am

Mike rolled over and yawned lazily.

Shit, I've been sleeping for hours.. Maybe walk down to the arena and see if there are any matches later today.

Mike squinted in to the sun as he looked up at the match postings.

Fuck, man, I missed seven matches? Jesus christ, whoever that is, of all the days to nap away in the olive grove...definitely no lemons there, they wont be here in greece for another few hundred years..christ I gotta quit huffing ethylene. Maybe I'll just go home and finish what I've got left and start the quitting game tomorrow!

On his way home Mike passed a small crowd gathering around a stick chanting "stick! Stick! Stick!"

Reaaaally gotta quit huffing ethylene...
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby VHB » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:03 am

werd wrote:the current vote is

no sacrifice 11

you disgust me

Apate nods, completely bored, and starts to wonder if Zeus will let him tag along the next time he goes cruising for mortal chicks. Hera usually kills them or horribly curses them afterwards, which is generally good for a laugh.

galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

VHB
VHS

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 am

is a cool greasy stick

they give the stick a championship belt
palmer eldritch

Postby VHB » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 am

Snatch wrote: no sacrifice

VHB
VHS

Postby death is my amigo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:19 am

The log agrees with the stick. Yet the log disparages the stick. I guess I wasn't around when the log — who, haven't you heard, is bigger than the stick — won all his classic naked wrestling matches! He sips some mead. But that's none of my business.
so
death is my amigo
ok

Postby VHB » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:25 am

current vote tally is

12 for no sacrifice
0 for anything else

There are 25 players, but we got started kinda suddenly here and several people signed up haven't posted here in the game thread yet, so they may not have been around to notice yet. Since it's the first day especially, and we want everyone to get their sea legs underneath them, reminder that this day phase will last until 6pm Pacific time tomorrow (as stated in the thread title, which will continue to change to reflect current phase/time limit information). That's roughly 20 hours. Plenty of time to wrestle more, if you want. Even if we're not around to see them (and resolve them immediately like we've been so far) we'll get to them as soon as we see them, in the order they were posted.

VHB
VHS

Postby inspectorhound » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:30 am

snatch
inspectorhound

Postby inspectorhound » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:34 am

trying to appease the gods

and if nothing else, get our unsilenced cultists talking
inspectorhound

Postby Catullus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:42 am

Our silent members perhaps reside on the side of Greece that is very late at the moment and perhaps no blood sacrifice will wake them.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby kit fox » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:43 am

Some kind of booming voice from the sky was pressuring Michalis to participate in the democracy but he just didnt really feel like it. He took a long draw from his ethylene exaileptron and passed back out in bed.

abstain, no sacrifice, whatever
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby wendy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:42 am

No sacrifice, said Marina Mavros.
wendy

Postby The Emperor's Son » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:16 am

no sacrifice
The Emperor's Son

Postby adamtrask » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 am

No sacrifice
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.
adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby Ampersand » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 am

The gods hunger.

Feed their fire with Snatch, a too earnest log.
Ampersand

Postby adamtrask » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:44 am

Adam's Journal Day 243(?)

It has been 243 days, as far as I can count, since I fell through what can only be described as a wormhole through time. I'm still very much blind to the specifics of this particular timewarp, and I have begun to believe that I will never make it back to my own time. No matter. There was nothing for me there except a non-tenure track job in the university anthropology department. I must say, there is a certain level of humiliation working a low level assistant professorship in the same department as your already tenured ex-wife. Ah, blast, there is no good reason to dwell in the past (as it were!). None of that matter anymore.

I am quite content here with the death cult I have fallen into. Their cultural hierarchy is quite fascinating, and their beliefs... well, to be honest, I find their beliefs to be, well... quite believable, given my situation. They've entirely accepted me for who I am, a lonesome time traveler. Just last week (do weeks exist here, as such?) they gave me a new name, which I will from now on be using: Ajax Thetesticles. It is a proud sounding name, a name of the time, and I was very glad to be honored with it.

My greatest concern comes from the Greeks, a culture I thought I knew from my studies, but they are quite different from what I expected. They've recently began to infiltrate the cult in order to disband it and kill its members. The cult of the Oracle of Thanatos is peaceful (besides the human sacrifices, but in their belief system, it is necessary, even honorable), but the Greeks will not stand for those that worship those other than the traditional Pantheon. I say, fie on Zeus and Hera! Where I come from, we believe in religious choice, and I'll be damned if I don't fight for that right in this (ancient) society.

We, the cultists, have begun attempts to purge our ranks of the Greeks. I am not fond of bloodshed, but in this society, I see no other way to protect this way of life I have come to appreciate. I will continue to chronicle these events here in hopes that my small history will somehow last through the years to be studied by a 20th century scholar.
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.
adamtrask
funny boy #1

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games