Resistance: Harry Potter - everyone is banned

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi I'm running a game of Resistance as a substitute for real life

It's going to basically be Resistance Avalon but the roles are Harry Potter themed because seriously what the fuck were you expecting

I am going to kill one player midway through the game for some imagined reason. I wish sincerely that I could kill all of you but that wouldn't be reasonable

Role descriptions are up and PMs have been sent out to notify people of their roles. If you did NOT receive a PM you are either a Hogwarts Student, Neville Longbottom, or Harry Potter.

The game doesn't start until Saturday to allow for preparation and backchanneling. If you need a Slack invite let me know. Backchanneling is not required but I do think it will make your lives easier.

Questions can be asked and will be answered in the thread.

Fucking with people emotionally is encouraged. Screenshots are not allowed.

If you want to know more about what I’m talking about look here: http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91718

Active Players:
doritopassion
VH Balanced
Geoff
sevenarts
snitch
granger (bring Weasley LOL)
werd
kit fox
TES
surly
Catullus
iambic
Snatch

Dead players:
pierrot

It is less time intensive and way less stressful than Werewolf but for the sake of transparency my goal is to make your lives worse

Team Good: be mindful of the fact that if Malfoy can identify Dumbledore at the end of the game they automatically win

Team Evil: fuck shit up

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Premise (stolen & slightly modified from Luke's thread)

Every player is a member of Dumbledore's Army, like the villagers in werewolf. Hidden among these DA members are Death Eaters, this game's version of the werewolves.

The game consists of a series of missions. If the good guys manage four successful missions, they win. If the Death Eaters can sabotage four missions, they win.

Each mission will have a required number of players on that individual mission, and a leader. That leader suggests a team, and everyone votes yes or no on that proposed team. When on a proposed team, Team Evil members should include their mission success/fail vote along with their yes/no vote for if the team is approved.

Even though you submit your vote directly to Luke or me, votes WILL be made public once they have all been received.

If the majority of the players reject the suggested team, the next player becomes the leader, and suggests a team of their own. If 5 suggested teams for the same mission are rejected, the bad guys automatically win.

If the majority of players approve the team, then the team members (and only the team members) let the moderator know the results of the mission. Good members of Dumbledore's Army can only return a successful mission. Death Eaters can either go along with the successful mission, or sabotage it. It only takes one sabotage vote to fail a mission.

Team Requirements:
4 6 5 6* 5 6* 6
*the mission requires two failure votes to fail

Turn Order:
Snatch
kit fox
VH Balanced
TES
Catullus
surly
doritopassion
snitch
granger
Geoff
werd
iambic
sevenarts

Mission 1: SUCCESS
Mission 2: SUCCESS
Mission 3: SUCCESS
Mission 4: FAILURE

Team Good: 2 (Longbottom has been identified)
Team Evil: 1 (Quirrell has been identified)

Roles

Good:

Hermione (fka Merlin): Hermione knows all of the evil characters except for Voldemort.

Ron (fka Percival): Ron will be informed only of Malfoy, Hermione, and Quirrell. They will all appear to him as Hermione.

Dumbledore: Neville Longbottom and Malfoy appear to Dumbledore as Longbottom. If Dumbledore can identify Quirrell, 1 failed mission is removed from Team Evil's score - but he only gets two tries (he can make his guesses at any point in the game via PM to me or Luke).

Neville Longbottom: Will not know he's Neville Longbottom. Votes count twice. Because it takes only one failure vote to sabotage a mission, Longbottom's double vote has no impact on whether a mission is a success. It is useful, however, for voting yes or no on teams.

Hogwarts Students

Evil:

Voldemort (fka Mordred): Votes count twice. If he can correctly identify Neville Longbottom, 1 successful mission is removed from Team Good's score - but he only gets two tries (he can make his guesses at any point in the game via PM to me or Luke). If any member of team good (except for Snape, Potter, and Longbottom) correctly identifies Voldemort while on a team/mission with him, Voldemort will die. You get only one chance and you must choose after the team has been approved but before the results are revealed. Again, you must be on a team with the person you are accusing.

Quirrell: (fka Morgana): Quirrell will appear as Hermione to Ron at the beginning of the game.

Malfoy (fka Assassin): Malfoy will appear as Hermione to Ron and as Longbottom to Dumbledore at the beginning of the game. If Malfoy can identify Dumbledore at the end of the game, evil wins.

Pettigrew (fka Oberon): Evil character who doesn't know who the other Evils are, and they do not know who he is.

Pansy Parkinson: Can use her talent for gossiping to discover the makeup of any one mission's success/failure votes (useful for locating Pettigrew and/or determining Snape's allegiance).

Neither:

Snape (fka Lancelot sorta): Player chooses his or her side at the start of the game. He appears good to team good and evil to team evil.

Harry Potter: Appears evil to good and good to evil. Vote doesn't count. Is a fucking loser. If the pensieve is used on him, he appears as Voldemort. Doesn't know he's Harry.

Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, and Hogwarts Students will not receive role PMs

Items:

Nagini: Voldemort can use Nagini to veto one team during the course of the game. Once vetoed, the mission will be cancelled and the next person in line will form a team.

Only Dumbledore has control of the two items below. They can each be used only twice.

The Pensieve: Dumbledore can use the pensieve to scan a team to find out the role of one of its members. However, each member of the team has an equal chance of being scanned (meaning he may not learn anything new). Dumbledore can PM the scan request to either me or Luke after a team has been approved. IF the scan happens to land on Snape, he will not get an answer. Voldemort and Harry both appear as Voldemort.

The Elder Wand: Dumbledore can use the wand to change one team member's vote to a success vote (he will have to choose the target prior to learning whether the mission failed or succeeded).

wendy

Postby doritopassion » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:10 pm

me

doritopassion

Postby VHB » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:13 pm

It's going to be me isn't it.

Ok never mind that pm since here is the thread. I'm in
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby Geoff » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I'll play bread!

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby sevenarts » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm

hahah I have no time but how can I not do this?

sevenarts

Postby snitch » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:33 pm

yep gonna try this again because i love torture
all day breakfast wrote:somehow i always come in here meaning to ask about socks and leave thinking about existence

ImageImageImageImageImage

snitch
ok

Postby granger » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:45 pm

me!

granger

Postby hey look » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm going out a winner
hey look

Postby hey look » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:33 pm

That means no I dont
hey look

Postby werd » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:35 pm

question:if I play this and allow you to torture and kill me slowly will this sate your bloodlust and allow you to play werewolf games with me in the future without feeling a need to kill me indiscriminately?
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby kit fox » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:36 pm

hi I wanna play

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby The Emperor's Son » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:41 pm

sure, when's it start?

The Emperor's Son

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:47 pm

werd wrote:question:if I play this and allow you to torture and kill me slowly will this sate your bloodlust and allow you to play werewolf games with me in the future without feeling a need to kill me indiscriminately?

guess you'll find out!!!!!!!!!!!

The Emperor's Son wrote:sure, when's it start?

let's say saturday, tentatively. if sunday is better for people that works too. if i get 15 people by tomorrow i'll start it friday.

wendy

Postby kit fox » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:48 pm

can I be snape

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby surly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:49 pm

kill werd
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby The Emperor's Son » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:49 pm

i'll be able to devote more on sunday, but sat is also fine since the first quest is kinda set and worthless.

The Emperor's Son

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:52 pm

okay luke has convinced me to cap it at 11. the game will still start on saturday, not friday, since i want to finalize roles.

so we have 2 more spots.

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:52 pm

surly, you in?

does anyone know what hey look wants?

wendy

Postby surly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:55 pm

if you kill werd (or at least ban him at inopportune times), yes

surly
the insult bastard

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:56 pm

i already ban werd at inopportune times

wendy

Postby surly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:56 pm

well keep it up

surly
the insult bastard

Postby Catullus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm

ME!

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks for doing one bread, you're the bestest <33

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby iambic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm

do I have to use logic to win at this or can I just fuck w/people emotionally

iambic

Postby Catullus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Logic helps, but also just trickery is fine.

Less damaging than the last ww game, that's for sure.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby werd » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:38 pm

surly wrote:kill werd

this will happen and it will be fair and good
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby surly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Snatch wrote:Since I missed this WHILE WORKING I must insist on having some kind of npc role.

congrats, you have volunteered for The Banned

surly
the insult bastard

Postby ecto » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:41 pm

if team evil wins they all get banned
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby wendy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Okay, game is full with 13 players. Iambic, you're playing. Snatch, you're in.

wendy

Next

Return to Board Games