HPN WW #10: Transylvania (VAMPIRES WIN!)

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby mudd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm

the necro should definitely be able to choose how many votes to submit. tracking the necro should be about figuring out his motives, not just running the numbers.

is my opinion.

anyway, this game was awesome and i had a lot of fun. there's some bullying to be done but honestly the only people who didn't make my game more fun are the ones who forgot to play.

m
mudd

Postby big cat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Ampersand sorry but you're tripping. You lost as soon as I knew who you were day 2. Not the subtlest bookie.
big cat

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

I think the masons being largely useless didn't help village much, but there was a lot of opportunity for them to win if they had listened to bread more. OTT I do have to hand it to my man Snatch, again. <3

I love all you people, even penis and milk.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Hey, no problem, it was a fun role even if it didn't get to play out all the way. Like, this made me love ww again after being a little shell shocked from the last big game haha
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 pm

so who is ready for speed space ww
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby werd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:55 pm

yeah I was thinking along the lines of having necro votes be unavailable until day 5 and then allow the necro 2 days of not using the votes and 2 days of assigning the votes to whomever they want

so that would be 8 days of obscured votes and the last 4 could be used whenever the necro wants

it would add a bunch of voting strategy to the role without making it overpowered I think
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby kit fox » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 pm

Catullus wrote:I think the masons being largely useless didn't help village much

yeah I meant to ask about this
why only 2 of us?
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:00 pm

internetstrange wrote:so who is ready for speed space ww

yaaas
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Ampersand » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 pm

big cat wrote:Ampersand sorry but you're tripping. You lost as soon as I knew who you were day 2. Not the subtlest bookie.

Yes, as our gambling record shows, I was clearly doomed. :roll:
Ampersand

Postby sevenarts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:02 pm

kit fox wrote:
Catullus wrote:I think the masons being largely useless didn't help village much

yeah I meant to ask about this
why only 2 of us?

I figured the role would be less powerful in a game where anyone could be turned at any time, so the usefulness of having a secure circle is reduced a lot. If there were more of you, it would've just increased the chance that 1 gets turned and burns all the others. I also wanted to include the Siblings, and didn't want too many villagers starting networked. Sorry june didn't really show up, though. mudd and trask seemed to have some fun brainstorming as a networked pair, that's what I was envisioning for the Masons as well.
sevenarts

Postby grammatron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Way 2 go vamps.
grammatron

Postby VHB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:07 pm

I actually think I'm due to give myself a game off, but you've been planning this one for a while and several games have jumped you in line, I have been waiting to see yours for a while and will definitely be watching and reading.

Encourage the rest of you to sign up!
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Snatch wrote:

Make the dang thread
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby The Emperor's Son » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:14 pm

amazing game 7a and alice, loved it while i was playing.

i think for any bigger games that really dwindle and get down to the wire there should be a late game mechanic (maybe when down to 10 - 15 players) that challenges assumptions of victories.

maybe not. idunno. good game.
The Emperor's Son

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:17 pm

lemme figure out if i have to go to the DMV today
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby mudd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 pm

yeah pairing up with trask was great. i was at a loss for a bit after he got got, but then i decided it was time to go hard so i hooked up with bread and palmer and got myself killed for the village. seemed like the only way i should have played the role.

m
mudd

Postby sevenarts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Here are all the messages that were left for Bingo the Bitter Ghost. Sadly he never got to post one.
lordofdiapers wrote:Hey bingo, ruiner is the pest and I think fox or ecto killed me. I scanned palmer twice and he first read as werewolf and then as farmer so, well, yeah

snatch wrote:Hi, guys. Dead vamp here. (Well. You know. Dead, dead.) Anyway: I dunno who any of the wolves are, truly, but I have some suspicions. This is 100% honest, I promise, I'm not telling you to lynch a Seer to my knowledge [though they both have lowkey playstyles so who knows]. I'd take a close look at Trask, Junebug, and VHB. Yes, that helps the vamps, but there are two of us and a lot of them. Peace #WESUCKYOUNGBLOOD

Catullus wrote:universe and werd should be voted off the island, I was hoping to work with team good okay later ya'll

mcphee wrote:Bury me in the Impala

werd wrote:Fuck this village I hope they get torn apart. Suck my undead loving dick y'all.

Mister E wrote:It was so so shiny. Looked like it was worth a lot of money. Figured it was my ticket out of this hellhole. I guess I was right, in a way. Sorry about the mummy. I think blue moon is up to no good, don't believe her. There is no way Bingo is relaying this message. The end.

duke wrote:ALL OF YOU SHIT MANS, WE HOPE YOU ROT IN GOAT SHIT VILLAGER HELL

universe wrote:Hi guys, I'm dead. Love, Universe

fox wrote:Trust in the plan. Trust in the path of bread.

adamtrask wrote:Look hard at Ampersand. Lemmy OUT

The Emperor's Son wrote:bread told me to tell you that fox was the seer and for you to post this when you see an announcement in the thread that fox/seer was turned, but well

casimir wrote:I have nothing to relay but my shame.

mudd wrote:i gave my life in vengeance for my fallen brother, lemmy kilmister. soon we will share jack and brandy in the other place. my worldly goods i leave to livia lazarus, my mentor in all things insurance fraud and werewolf hunting. trust her as long as you can, then help her find sweet rest. i wish luck to many, including the orange cat who is as good as they come but particularly attractive eating for the night creatures. and finally vote for ankh for the good of the village!

separator wrote:hey you good dummies that are still left- i want to say one last time, if we've got any chance of winning, it's by going after the evil suspects on suspension bridge's list. good luck!

kit fox wrote:Everyone but the orange cat can suck my dick. kill bluemoon she's secretly a vampire.
sevenarts

Postby separator » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:15 pm

i'm a baby angel
:(
separator

Postby werd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:22 pm

I got my wish

that's nice
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 pm

mudd wrote:yeah pairing up with trask was great. i was at a loss for a bit after he got got, but then i decided it was time to go hard so i hooked up with bread and palmer and got myself killed for the village. seemed like the only way i should have played the role.

m

trask rules

so do you

great sibs
wendy

Postby sevenarts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Some of the emails between the wolves and bread...
wolves wrote:I WOULD RATHER TALK ABOUT HOW HARRY POTTER IS FOR BABIES

XOXOXO

bread wrote:vhb?

wolves wrote:THE SERIES AS A WHOLE, NOT JUST THE CHARACTER.

bread wrote:ahahah

is it fun being a wolf without me?

bread wrote:friendly reminder to kill bread astaire tonight

wolves wrote:Are you offering something?

bread wrote:uh, my life?

bread wrote:wait, you want me to bribe you to kill me?

bread wrote:are you actually fucking dumb?

wolves wrote:You want to be killed. You don't want to be turned. We have the vampires asking us who we think is best to turn. We think it's you.

Yes. Bribe us.

bread wrote:i'd think i was talking to mister e if he wasn't already dead.

bread wrote:actually - do me a solid and kill john penis

i'll seriously paypal you $20 if you do that

bread wrote:actually - $50 for john penis

bread wrote:i'll paypal it to 7a or alice now to hold in escrow

bread wrote:hey fellas

i had a pretty good night

i did some reading today, through the thread, and BOY ARE MY ARMS TIRED

i told this to vhb but i want to make sure you've all got it

but first, the why:

YOU WASTED MY TIME AND YOU JERKED ME AROUND AND I FINALLY GOT TIRED OF IT IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE AFTERNOON ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 9TH, 2016

the how:

reading. notes. looking through all the emails between you guys and the other good specials. more notes. BY HAND. notes upon notes. comparing notes. accidentally putting notes out of order. panicking, not eating lunch, and having beer for dinner. bourbon for dessert. got a second wind, decided to return to the grind. got my notes back in order. finished going through the thread. i fucking have you.

betcha wish you killed me now, VHB, CAPITAL, PANTSOCLOCK, GRANGER, AND KAPUTT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

I FORGIVE YOU FOR WASTING MINE

bread wrote:the problem was me trying to be nice

the problem was me sincerely trying to form an alliance with you, genuinely wanting to work side by side until we had the vamps out of the way

and today i realized, what the fuck am i doing

being nice?? i'm not nice

BREAD ASTAIRE IS NOT FUCKING NICE

SHE IS VERY DRUNK AND VERY SMUG BUIT NOT NICE

and harry potter rules (the series, not the person)

bread wrote:oh my god like

thank you

for pissing me off

THANK YOU

i can't stop laughing

bread wrote:oh, also, so you know i was mourning my friend surly who you murdered in cold blood yesterday

and he'd been really holding me together the past few days so even though i knew it was coming i was a little devastated. not mad at you guys, because it was a strategic move. but sad. and i kinda felt like giving up. this was this morning before i got really mad by the way. i really just wanted the game to be over. but i'm stubborn and i don't like losing. and this is my fucking village. MY VILLAGE. so i decided to give it another try. really, i was about to just coast until the game was over. and i thought about what surly would do if he was alive, and he would tell me "we got this." he kept telling me that over the past few days every time i freaked out, every time i panicked or got sad, he said "we got this." and i knew he was lying but it was the thought that counts. and then i thought of another thing that surly used to (and will again) say: PLAYING THE GAME MAKES YOU DUMBER. you can't see the big picture. hilariously he always forgets this when he's playing, which is something i can't wait to tell him. but anyway, it was that you killed surly that made me decide to start from the beginning and read the thread objectively.

i cannot fucking stop laughing

bread wrote:i love this so much i am so happy i can't stop laughing

bread wrote:still laughing

like, belly laughing

like when your stomach hurts but you can't stop

it comes in fits

i haven't slept in a long time

i can't wait to kill all of you

bread wrote:you know

some people say irony is a little played out

i disagree

bread wrote:Just wanted to update you guys on the situation -

I'm still laughing

Let me know if you have any questions

bread wrote:After the game I'll be holding a seminar titled "When To Kill: How to Make Hard Decisions"

You can also at that time reserve a spot for the following seminar: "Who to Kill: Identifying and Eliminating Present and Future Threats"

$9 in advance, $12 day of. But I'll give you guys a discount: coupon code LSRS69 at checkout.

See you then.

bread wrote:i stopped laughing for a minute but that was just to drink a glass of water and now i have resumed
sevenarts

Postby can't » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Who was farmer?
can't
ride.

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:47 pm

kaputt I think
terrific bedwetter

Postby fox » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:47 pm

I should post the art I did of one of breads emails

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:50 pm

It was indeed Kaputt
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby fox » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:00 pm

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Oh my
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby universe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:04 pm

lol
universe
dad

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:16 pm

bread is a perfect human being oh my god
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby VHB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 pm

The fun thing is DRAGONS actually wrote that email (and most of the Harry Potter portion of the chain) through which Bread ultimately busted me, since I woke up and checked in in time to have a damningly furtive reaction to her call-out.

Totally worth it. :)
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games