HPN WW #10: Transylvania (VAMPIRES WIN!)

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm still so fucking bummed i didn't get to kill someone :(
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Milk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

internetstrange wrote:
Milk wrote:
narc blossom wrote:milk I gave you the amulet because I wanted you to die. And you were on my team.

That's fair, i was trying to sabotage my own team anyway (with little result since i had basically no power). Which is why i was cool with dying (and it turns out its pretty much the only thing i could do to sabotage my team really but suicide seemed too boring). My own personal secret winning condition was seeing the villagers lose. I know this make me unlikely to be welcome in a future game, but i'd likely not apply anyway.

yeah, this sucks and is an extremely shitty way to play the game

i didn't start the game in this mindset FTR. Only about halfway through. It didn't happen without reason is all i'll say about that.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

can we have a game that's just bread and TB
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby VHB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Catullus wrote:I'm still so fucking bummed i didn't get to kill someone :(

Yeah :cry:

Your role should've been night-immune too.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:03 pm

VH Balanced wrote:
Catullus wrote:Despite the outcome, bread was pretty incredible at this game. Honestly, if she isn't in the next all-stars I'm rioting.

Cannot Be Dapped Enough

NOTE TO ANYONE WHO PLAYS A FUTURE GAME WITH THE ELDER ROLE: read this thread. Bread's play is the damn manual on how to play elder.

attn: ankh and john penis

you fuckfaces
wendy

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Eh, it's my fault I gave off Seer-y vibes.

Also, Magda was by far my favorite random character to play. She wash your sheets very good, yes.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm

now if everyone will excuse me there's a third rail that i plan to use as a bed
wendy

Postby Ampersand » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 pm

For those to whom it was not clear, I masoncided to preserve my honor because bread set me up to be mummied, which I was only about 75% sure was the case until ecto needlessly told me that he was going to kill me.

Prior to this, big cat's gambling record was 2 wins, 5 losses. If she hadn't been vamped and I hadn't suffered so cruelly at the hands of my enemies, I would have won.

Ampersand

Postby sevenarts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 pm

internetstrange wrote:can we have a game that's just bread and TB

bread's accomplishments are obvious, but terrific bedwetter deserves a damn award for being able to strut around the thread going "hey I'm a vampire don't mind me" for days on end, and over the course of the entire game he only ever got 6 votes to lynch (and 1 of those was from himself).
sevenarts

Postby Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Snatch wrote:Let's talk about how I set the wheels in motion and then the most untouched Evil team in history ran through you motherfuckers like a freight train in a papier mache museum.

You just didn't notice my subtle manipulations set in place n1. Understandable.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

sevenarts wrote:

bread's accomplishments are obvious, but terrific bedwetter deserves a damn award for being able to strut around the thread going "hey I'm a vampire don't mind me" for days on end, and over the course of the entire game he only ever got 6 votes to lynch (and 1 of those was from himself).

it's a tattered soul that would vote to kill America's sweetheart, Tom-Hanks_carly-rae-vid.gif
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 pm

bread knew I was a vamp from like day 2
terrific bedwetter

Postby can't » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 pm

I'd play with granger again. ol grangey did pretty good
can't

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:15 pm

terrific bedwetter wrote:

bread knew I was a vamp from like day 2

credit for that goes to surly, i just pursued it

i knew granger from day 3 though
wendy

Postby granger » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:18 pm

narc blossom wrote:I'd play with granger again. ol grangey did pretty good

hope ya mean it ;)

i was writing a kitty RP death for you before 7a called it
granger

Postby can't » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:19 pm

<3Anton the Lone wolf<3
can't

Postby john penis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:23 pm

sevenarts wrote:- bread offered the wolves first $20, then $50, via PayPal, if they would kill john penis

gg vamps (and freaky lovers I guess). I won't have time to read thru all this post-game chat til after work but I just need to say how incredibly honored I am by this.
Free isobel ~ Mod dragons ~ Ki55 prez
john penis
ok

Postby granger » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:23 pm

terrific bedwetter wrote:Image

this post made me laugh a whole lot
granger

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

john penis wrote:
sevenarts wrote:- bread offered the wolves first $20, then $50, via PayPal, if they would kill john penis

gg vamps (and freaky lovers I guess). I won't have time to read thru all this post-game chat til after work but I just need to say how incredibly honored I am by this.

i was intent on making you useful

it failed
wendy

Postby surly » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

john penis wrote:

surly wrote:
john penis anonymously wrote: Hello Aluka.

I am a lowly diseased villager, I'm certain you understand the shame which leads to my anonymity. Bread gave me this address at her request, because I am hesitant to share my identity with her. In light of tonight's events I frankly think my mind is made up on that matter, but I am very curious of your impression of her, and of this information network she has assembled. Do you feel confident that it cannot be exploited? Do you feel confident that it has not already been exploited, resulting in our Seer's death? Very curious of your thoughts.

I also am most intrigued by your apparent allying with her. Of all the 'neutral' roles yours does not seem like one which is ripe for a village alliance, particularly seeing as vampires seem to be number one on our threat list.

-Diseased
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Ankh » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Suspension Bridge wrote:
Suspension Bridge wrote:ankh, let's chat

1. i'd like to hear your version of my mistakes. john penis, this is your time to shine as well

2. you and john penis were the two most useless diseased players in literally human history

3. i left you a nearly perfect list of team evil

haha

1. i think i defended you ITT when you were getting made fun of for Night 5? maybe not, i dunno. I did say I was annoyed with not being trusted and being left out of the cabal, but also ITT i explained that was more my frustration with the mechanics of this game. If you're referring to last night, I was telling the ghosts to shut up because peanut galleries are annoying (they're also funny)

2. fuck off (edit: this probably sounds harsher than i mean it to, maybe :roll: is more appropriate)

3. there was always a leader in this game. McPhee, then you, then surly, then palmer. I was always around bugging them, but never made one decision in this game beyond getting Narc to give the amulet to Milk adn then Siccing Ecto on him, and running for mayor to amuse myself
Last edited by Ankh on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Bedwetter that was truly inspiring
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:27 pm

granger wrote:
terrific bedwetter wrote:Image

this post made me laugh a whole lot

same
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm

i don't think i could pull off aloof hanks ever again. 99% of my play was just rolling with the weird alternate universe where nobody cared that I was a vamp
terrific bedwetter

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm

ankh, there was no cabal. the closest thing to a cabal was two separate chats with three players, including myself.
wendy

Postby granger » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:31 pm

terrific bedwetter wrote:i don't think i could pull off aloof hanks ever again. 99% of my play was just rolling with the weird alternate universe where nobody cared that I was a vamp

we scanned you the day we fed the village separator as a fake vampire and forever lost their trust
granger

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:32 pm

oh, wolves?

i'm STILL laughing
wendy

Postby werd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:41 pm

fun game to watch but that's all it really was to me, I felt like a spectator

if anyone intends to include a necromancer role in future games I'd be happy to talk about how to make it work better

not to take away from 7a and his game design but it's a new role and it turned out not to work the way it was built

congrats vamps & lovers
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby internetstrange » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm

o ya I was wondering why the necro's extra votes were publicly displayed in the tally
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby sevenarts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm

werd wrote:if anyone intends to include a necromancer role in future games I'd be happy to talk about how to make it work better

not to take away from 7a and his game design but it's a new role and it turned out not to work the way it was built

Yep, sorry about this werd. I should have included a mechanism for the Necromancer to hide his votes, or to only use them when needed, or something along those lines. I think it would be a fun role to use again with those adjustments, I goofed and didn't get to see it play out this time.

On a similar note, sorry to Catullus, I now realize the Bogeyman should have been night-immune to ensure a more lasting threat. I'm sorry you didn't get to play this out, too.
sevenarts

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games