SSWW: Game Over: Crewmembers Win

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby big cat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Ok so we don't really have any room left to mess up so I'm going to think out loud here.

Number one most suspicious to me is sleigh, in fact I'm just about sure he's an alien, because he's voted for 2 people I know to be good: bread, and me.

The other alien--I'm not as sure. Catallus and Granger have been awfully quiet and I'd like to hear from them what they're thinking.

I don't have any reason to point the finger at dr. badvibes but I am just not getting a good vibe from him.

I am getting great vibes from galacta cause she has a space name and nominated me mayor, but that may just be my blind spot (compliments to the chef) acting up.
Last edited by big cat on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big cat

Postby internetstrange » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Night 2 is over. Day 3 begins now. I am going to see a movie. Let me know if you'd prefer Day 3 to end tonight or tomorrow.
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm a fucked up space ghost!! From being dead!!
palmer eldritch

Postby Ankh » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:37 pm

ooOOOooo who will cut your hair when i'm gone ooOOoooo
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby mudd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:38 pm

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Beep.
mudd

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:41 pm

i suspect the pretty quiet folks.
Last edited by galactagogue on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Well this just won't do.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Catullus » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:46 pm

What the good fuck
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:53 pm

wow i meant to edit not quote myself.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:58 pm

big cat wrote:Ok so we don't really have any room left to mess up so I'm going to think out loud here.

Number one most suspicious to me is sleigh, in fact I'm just about sure he's an alien, because he's voted for 2 people I know to be good: bread, and me.

The other alien--I'm not as sure. Catallus and Granger have been awfully quiet and I'd like to hear from them what they're thinking.

I don't have any reason to point the finger at dr. badvibes but I am just not getting a good vibe from him.

I am getting great vibes from galacta cause she has a space name and nominated me mayor, but that may just be my blind spot (compliments to the chef) acting up.

Sleigh and Granger to me

Sleigh for unresolved questions about Bread's send off
Granger for having been almost completely MIA
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby sleigh » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Whatcha wanna know partner
so
sleigh
ok

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

granger does make sure to vote tho..

I like it
galactagogue

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:13 pm

sleigh wrote:Whatcha wanna know partner

well, since you ask.

The bread/galactagogue coin flip death scenario. Just for the jollies?
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby granger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:15 pm

You're suspicious of me because I was a quiet wolf. But I'm good! I swear to heck. And I have a condition where I die if I don't vote. I've been quiet because I'm in Dallas without a laptop.
granger

Postby terrific bedwetter » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:20 pm

ksssssch

over
terrific bedwetter

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 pm

granger wrote:You're suspicious of me because I was a quiet wolf. But I'm good! I swear to heck. And I have a condition where I die if I don't vote. I've been quiet because I'm in Dallas without a laptop.

Yes, yes that is exactly why I'm suspicious. You and TB have both played similar games to the last one, and now we know TB was an alien.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby granger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:24 pm

I'm good kit! I promise ya!
granger

Postby granger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Congratulations! You are a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.

Sound familiar?
granger

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:31 pm

:twisted:
Alice

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Well let's hear it then. What are your thoughts on the whole situation we've got?
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby granger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 pm

sleigh wrote:catullus
suspension bridge

I think sleigh is evil. Beyond that I'd guess one of the people accusing me is evil.
granger

Postby granger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Can someone post the remaining players?
granger

Postby kit fox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 pm

We appear to be at:

kit fox
granger
dr. badvibes
catullus
sleigh
mudd
big cat
galactagogue
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:31 pm

nah im prob the last good'un left

I like it
galactagogue

Postby mudd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:57 pm

*ACCESSING PROJECTION PROTOL*

a chamber opens on the side of the robot with a lamp fixture extends from the body. a hologram of a dingy robotic mechanicist in stained coveralls projects in hazy blue in the middle of the room

we're playing the wrong game here, folks. we're not going to be able to guess team evil. in fact i wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't know who each other are either, and it's all a mad guess. but we have a pretty simple target that we should be able to reach as long as we get over the selfishness of expectation of individual survival. for us to win, our team has to outlast team evil. presumably we're all trigger happy maniacs and they're all me toos - 6 of us left, 2 of them left. so there are two outcomes of any decision - we hang an enemy, or we hang a friend who then picks another target based on their own foibles and blast them away, a continuing cascade until someone manages to shoot an enemy. so basically we need TG to survive two of these cascades, and then we will have eliminated the alien menace. the cost is high, there will be a lot of attrition, but in the end the ship will start again and our mission will be accomplished. all we have to do is make sure the last man standing is on our team and not theirs and victory is out.

so i'm not really sure the best way to execute this plan. my first thought is to assume that the last person on the sign-up list is unlikely to be TE just out of basic probability, and therefore to ask all shooters to follow the cascade in the order of the original signup list. i'm open to other suggestions, in fact i think that's what we should discuss until the end of this day phase. i would even be willing to volunteer as the hanging victim for this start to the cascade, but i'm also inclined to accept that starting with the collective gut feeling is just a good an answer as any. so what do you guys think?

the message flickers and then disappears. the projection arm recedes halfway and then jams. the robot tuns and slams the arm against the wall until the extension breaks off and the chamber is able to close. the robot then fucks off down the hall
mudd

Postby doritopassion » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:16 am

internetstrange wrote:Doritopassion is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Landspeed is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Stakeout is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Palmer is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Snatch is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Capital is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Surly is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
Ankh is dead. He was a Trigger-Happy Bloodthirsty Nut.
terrific bedwetter is dead. He was a Me Too.

Day 2 is over. Night 2 begins now.

goob job idiots
doritopassion

Postby dr. badvibes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:35 am

I have no idea how we salvage any actual strategy from this revelation. but I'm not about to embrace non-vote auto-death, sogalactagogue

you're probably good and I'm sorry
dr. badvibes

Postby internetstrange » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:58 am

aaaaahhhhhh spaceship
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby Catullus » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:23 am

Sally shakes her head as she looks at the dead bodies in confusion and a little bit of anger. What the actual fuck??

Tssch

galactagogue

I don't know if the captain is just messing with us, maybe we're all just me toos and trigger happy bloodthirsty nuts, but I don't have anything to go on but jumping on the bread train.

I wonder if our lack of backchanneling is triggering something.

I'm confused. And pissed. And want to get rid of these alien bastards before we all die.

And fuck you to whoever left that seat up AGAIN.

SALLY OUT.

Tssch
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby kit fox » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:42 am

mudd wrote:
my first thought is to assume that the last person on the sign-up list is unlikely to be TE just out of basic probability

*kssshhh* Robot, I'm not following. Isn't this totally dependent on the methodology that internetstrange used?

galactagogue wrote:nah im prob the last good'un left

For example, what is this about? I posted a list of remaining players. 2 in the list are bad. Lets not get TOO trigger happy here.
kit fox
Mike Vance

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games