HPN WW Lucky #13 - EMPLOYEES WIN!

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 pm

The Rise and Fall of Papa John Plainman:
2 slices of pizza one is poison

Based on a flavor by CoolRanch

Business has been booming over in Papa John's Transylvania but the local restaurateurs are starting to grow tired of this foreign culinary invasion. Although they love Papa as a person (because who wouldn't?), they want to see his business fail more than anything else. They've managed to get some of their goons hired on at the flagship Papa John's location and have taken to poisoning the pies in order to drive the whole franchise into the ground.

Each night, the Papa John's will bake two varieties of pizza, and the goons will choose one type to poison. Papa's caught wind of this scheme and has told the employees to inspect the pizzas and throw out the flavor that they think is poisoned. Unfortunately, the goons have hacked Papa's servers allowing them to not only choose each day's menu but also choose which employee is responsible for pizza inspection. Papa takes this role very seriously and will shitcan the employee if they throw out the wrong one causing his valued customers to get sick. At the end of each day, the employees will vote to report the employees (one per day) that they think are responsible for the poisonings to Papa. Papa's a busy man and doesn't have time to investigate whether the reported employees actually did it, so he'll just fire them without a second thought. Luckily, worker's rights are pretty much non-existent in Transylvania. The pizzeria will need to get all the goons fired before they're the only ones left working.

Roles:

Goons - These sneaky bastards have glided through Papa's rigorous background checks and are ready to drive him out of business. Each night, they will choose two varieties of pizza for the next day's menu and which one of them to poison. They will also assign the pizza inspector role to a player as well as provide an alternate if that player is out sick. (These are the werewolves)

Employee - These lazy bums aren't too good at their jobs. They should be able to figure out who's poisoning the pizzas pretty easily, but they're not especially perceptive. They also don't really do a whole lot besides blaming each other unless they're called on to be pizza inspector. (These are the villagers)

Temporary designations:
Pizza inspector - A new inspector is chosen each day and is responsible for quality control. If they let a poisoned pizza get sold to customers, they will find themselves in the unemployment lines at the end of the day. They will vote for the pizza that they want to serve to customers like so:

Pepperoni
Code: Select all
[b][color=#0000BF]Pepperoni[/color][/b]

Employee of the Month - The best and brightest employee or just whomever Papa likes the most at the moment. Who knows how they are chosen. They can't get fired no matter how bad they fuck up. It's called Employee of the Month, but Papa is capricious and will choose someone new whenever he feels like it.

Sick days
If you are feeling sick and can't make it in to work, you are allowed to take a sick day. If you are out sick, you can't be chosen for inspection duties and can't be reported on (i.e. you can't be fired that day). However, you will also not be allowed to come to the restaurant (i.e. post in the thread) because then Papa will know you were faking it. Please be aware that employees caught abusing sick leave may be subject to immediate termination. Sick leave requests are only granted if staffing levels are sufficient. All sick leave requests will need to be made during the night phase and will be effective until the next day.

Vote to fire:
The Unblinking Eye
[b][color=#FF0000]The Unblinking Eye[/color][/b]

Rescind vote:
The Unblinking Eye
[b][color=#00FF00]The Unblinking Eye[/color][/b]
Last edited by The Unblinking Eye on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 42 times in total.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Players:
VHB dead night 4 - employee
catullus dead day 7 - goon
surly
grammatron dead day 9 - goon
bread dead night 6 - employee
kaputt dead day 8 - employee
adamtrask dead night 8-employee
werd dead night 3 - employee
Mr. Science dead day 5
ankh
bluemoon dead day 3 - employee
inspectorhound
lod dead day 4 - goon
kit fox
narc blossom dead day 1 - employee
fuckles
geoff dead day 6 - employee
landspeedrecord dead day 9 - employee

Roles left:
0 Goons
5 Employees

Miscellaneous:

There will be no "no kill" votes counted. You can refrain from casting a vote, but the player with the most amount of votes will be fired. In the event of a tie, both (or all) players with the most votes will be fired.

PM me during the night phase if you want to take a sick day - sick days will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis.

It may be possible to be Employee of the Month on successive days. However, you will get a separate PM each day informing you of this, so assume you will only be EOTM for one day.

There will be no banned words, but players caught praising other fast food restaurants may be fired for disloyalty.
Last edited by The Unblinking Eye on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 17 times in total.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby inspectorhound » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:20 pm

I hope the Clippers win tonight so I can get 50% off Papa John's for tomorrow's Republican debate

inspectorhound

Postby VHB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 pm

That sounds interesting. Even an obvious N1 target might survive and still get to play a little, which I like. N1 kill is probably the most unfair part of the game.

I of course am in.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:27 pm

VHB, I think you'll really enjoy the mechanic, but yeah, that's one of the things I like about the way it will (hopefully) work.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby Catullus » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:30 pm

What the hell, what am I doing that's better?

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby surly » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:32 pm

bread will die (in)
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby werd » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

what will the day/night cycles be like?
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby grammatron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Sure I'm in.

grammatron

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

werd wrote:what will the day/night cycles be like?

Nights should be fairly short depending on how fast people get back to me. There will only be one type of evil, so it hopefully shouldn't take too long. There will be a short intermediary phase between night and day, and the day phase should last a few hours depending on how fast people vote.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm in only so surly can fuck with and/or kill me

But don't worry I won't make it seem like I'm letting him win

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Surly, I'm kinda busy at work so if you could kill me early I'll pretend to be totally blindsided

wendy

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:20 pm

OP has been updated with rules. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby Kaputt » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 pm

In!

Kaputt

Postby adamtrask » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm

yeah fine, i hate myself
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.

adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby werd » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:41 pm

yeah I'll play this, I've avoided speed games cause I just can't be available all the time during days but I'm going through ww withdrawal considering the last long form game I really got to play was #5 and hopefully I'll be able to use the sick day mechanic when I need it

whatever, I'm a goon, lynch me day 1
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:43 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:48 pm

The Unblinking Eye

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby DeVito » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm

I want to play this one.

DeVito
Prometheus sucks.

Postby VHB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Dude, hell yeah. I sorta remember reading your wolf run in the first game. Welcome back.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby sevenarts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 am

*bump*

I should really sit one out. I'm just gonna watch for now and let other people step in, but I'll sign up if you don't get enough people before Tuesday. Fun twist!

sevenarts

Postby fuckles » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:03 am

poison everyone
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby inspectorhound » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm playing btw

inspectorhound

Postby lordofdiapers » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Yup
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Just a warning that everyone applying at Papa John's will have to piss in this cup

The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:21 pm

This isn't a drug test or anything.

We're just running out of garlic sauce.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm

If we get two more sign-ups soon, would people want to start earlier than Tuesday? Would anyone have a problem if we did?

The Unblinking Eye

Postby kit fox » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm

I'd be in for a weekend start yeah

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby can't » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Hells yes sign me up papa

can't

Next

Return to Board Games