Secret Hitler! (Liberals Win!)

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:16 pm

The Unblinking Eye wrote:Iambic, since you are next president, if this government gets rejected, whom would you choose as chancellor?

if I'm allowed to pick Geoff, then Geoff. we know 100% that he's not Hitler.
iambic

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:21 pm

you are villainous, but I respect the hustle
iambic

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:28 pm

p.s. if I was pulling from offline HTML files, the address bar would be a file path and not a http:// address
iambic

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm

man you must have been so giddy when I drew FFF

those were the days, huh
iambic

Postby VHB » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Iambic is allowed to pick Geoff if my government is approved.

If it is rejected Iambic will be stuck picking someone we haven't confirmed as not-Hitler yet. In that case, if we reject Iambic's government fascist policy 5 will pass by default, and TUE will, as last president, get the second assassination. And chancellors will be able to veto (throw out both cards).

Handy if we can ensure a liberal chancellor, but one step closer to doomsday if a fascist chancellor is installed whether he's hitler or not.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:52 pm

VH Balanced wrote:Iambic is allowed to pick Geoff if my government is approved.

If it is rejected Iambic will be stuck picking someone we haven't confirmed as not-Hitler yet. In that case, if we reject Iambic's government fascist policy 5 will pass by default, and TUE will, as last president, get the second assassination. And chancellors will be able to veto (throw out both cards).

Handy if we can ensure a liberal chancellor, but one step closer to doomsday if a fascist chancellor is installed whether he's hitler or not.

According to Luke, nobody gets the second assassination if it is passed because of rejected governments. Also, the policy passed may (33% most likely) be liberal, not fascist.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:00 pm

We are coming to a point where we may need a third chancellor. If we reject vhb's government, iambic will not be allowed to pick Geoff because he was part of the last government. If we pass vhb's government and then iambic's (and if the game hasn't ended by both passing the same policy or by assassinating Hitler), we would have to reject ankh's government, and then Geoff would not be allowed to pick iambic.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:36 pm

laserblast wrote:I honestly do not think VHB/Iambic is a good government, but I'd sooner vote for it than turn the Chancellorship over to Hitler.

That's why I will probably vote for it, but I'm hoping someone might be able to point out something I'm missing.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 pm

The Unblinking Eye wrote:
laserblast wrote:I honestly do not think VHB/Iambic is a good government, but I'd sooner vote for it than turn the Chancellorship over to Hitler.

That's why I will probably vote for it, but I'm hoping someone might be able to point out something I'm missing.

wait why did you vote against mine
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 pm

laserblast and tue: we vote down palmer/iambic because ???
laserblast and tue: we vote for vhb/iambic because iambic's not hitler!
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:46 pm

:)
palmer eldritch

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:

wait why did you vote against mine

I was under the impression that if we rejected three governments and a fascist policy was passed, I'd get the second kill. I verified with Luke that this is not the case today. I also hadn't run through what would happen if both yours and vhb's governments were rejected.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:50 pm

well keep looking down the line

say we do vhb/iambic

the next three presidents are:

iambic
ankh
geoff

you're gonna have to find another non-hitler at some point, draw a card from the deck, or let ankh make a government
palmer eldritch

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Still need votes from:

iambic
laserblast
capital
tue
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:42 pm

laserblast seems very determined to talk of wong as a dead Fascist, even though Luke did not confirm it

why is that
iambic

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:49 pm

the former is a possibility, though, since he gave his (flawed) reasoning. you just seem to be protesting too much, and given I've upgraded you to 90% likely Fascist, it's interesting.
iambic

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Running through the possibilities, I'm reluctantly voting for this government. I think it gives us the best chance of sticking with the chancellors we've already cleared, and as much as I'd like there to be, I don't think there's a better option.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:58 pm

The vhb/iambic government passes.

Ja:
vhb
iambic
geoff
laserblast
tue

Nein:
ankh
capital
palmer
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
Luke

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:01 pm

laserblast wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:laserblast and tue: we vote down palmer/iambic because ???

I don't trust any of the 3 of you, frankly, but what's coming up isn't much better and could be appreciably worse.

you (and TUE) could have voted yes on me/iambic and yes on vhb/geoff but you did not

what's coming up doesn't get any better if you approve vhb/iambic because we still run into the stretch of iambic/ankh/geoff
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:01 pm

well good luck fam

I hope vhb shoots ankh
palmer eldritch

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

just to point out: since it's confirmed I'm not Hitler, and it's confirmed Ankh is a Fascist, that means there's only 2/7 chance that I'm a Fascist even before you consider other players' behavior and the outcomes of their governance. now factor in my video (which is corroborated by Ankh outing himself as a Fascist), which is bulletproof despite 'blast's best efforts to discredit it.

what exactly, do you think, are the odds that I'm lying about being a Liberal? less than 20%? less than 10%?
iambic

Postby Ankh » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Ankh
senior fellow

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:07 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:
laserblast wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:laserblast and tue: we vote down palmer/iambic because ???

I don't trust any of the 3 of you, frankly, but what's coming up isn't much better and could be appreciably worse.

you (and TUE) could have voted yes on me/iambic and yes on vhb/geoff but you did not

what's coming up doesn't get any better if you approve vhb/iambic because we still run into the stretch of iambic/ankh/geoff

Either way, we'd get 2 turns before we had to pick a new chancellor - you/iambic, vhb/geoff, iambic/??? vs vhb/iambic, iambic/geoff, geoff/???
Your way leaves two presidents I have no idea about (you/vhb) vs this giving us vhb/iambic. Not that I love either option, but the second is slightly less risky in my eyes.
The Unblinking Eye

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:12 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:
laserblast wrote:I don't trust any of the 3 of you, frankly, but what's coming up isn't much better and could be appreciably worse.

Either way, we'd get 2 turns before we had to pick a new chancellor - you/iambic, vhb/geoff, iambic/??? vs vhb/iambic, iambic/geoff, geoff/???
Your way leaves two presidents I have no idea about (you/vhb) vs this giving us vhb/iambic. Not that I love either option, but the second is slightly less risky in my eyes.

Sorry, mein eye. I've only got one, ja?
The Unblinking Eye

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:13 pm

well I know that mine would have been less risky cause I'm a liberal, and you could have skipped vhb/geoff if you were holding out for iambic/geoff

really it's just that either you and laserblast didn't think ahead or you wanted vhb in the presidency

either way gotta let it ride now
palmer eldritch

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:14 pm

vhb/iambic have passed a Liberal policy.
Luke

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:14 pm

iambic

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:15 pm

iambic may select what may very well be the last Chancellor.
Luke

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:15 pm

oh man, I get to pick next? my oh my.
iambic

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Luke wrote:vhb/iambic have passed a Liberal policy.

dope
palmer eldritch

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games