Return to Return to Rajada! VILLAGE AND TANNER WIN!!! xoxoxo

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:34 pm

I am mad that I didn't get to experience an actual victory

iambic

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:35 pm

and honestly, it's surly that I blame

iambic

Postby wendy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

i'm sorry iambic

i've never won as neutral

it's hard

wendy

Postby can't » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm

I just simultaneously got a really bad bad grade on something I worked really hard on in a writing class. Sorry for getting bent out of shape. I will play again unless some one has a throbbing desire to take my place.

can't

Postby pantsoclock » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:42 pm

ok sign me up I guess.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby VHB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

So have we made any adjustments to prevent a repeat of this or should I just wait until Wednesday when singup thread #3 for the re-re-boot rolls out?
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:50 pm

VH Balanced wrote:So have we made any adjustments to prevent a repeat of this or should I just wait until Wednesday when singup thread #3 for the re-re-boot rolls out?

stakeout said he would look at having more unnamed radical roles, the lack of which made it easy to pin down pierrot

iambic

Postby Geoff » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm

in

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 pm

I swear to christ you fuckers better stay away from Applebee's when I have the hands down best valued and tastiest apps with the friendliest service in town.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:18 pm

so when are roles going out

iambic

Postby VHB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Pretty flat after I blew my wad on a fake cork master gambit and two anon emails for naught.

One player has beseeched me to stick with it, though, and as a favor to them I'm back in.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:25 pm

you're gonna have to innovate my man

palmer eldritch

Postby werd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm

I guess so
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby VHB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:55 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:you're gonna have to innovate my man

Yep.

Reboot process is underway.

VHB
VHS

Postby bongo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:17 pm

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby mudd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:23 pm

did someone make sure Alice was still paying attention? We need Alice.

m
mudd

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:05 pm

The shining vortex that she had seen once before in her childhood appeared once more. Flowermoon had been doing research on parallel universes and believed that she had been transported from her home timeline where she grew up in Adajar to this world that housed Rajada. Would stepping into this portal send her back? She had no way of knowing but worried she might never see another vortex again. It was now or never, she thought. She grabbed the briefcase of cash and took the plunge into the temporal eddy. The splitting headache, the discombobulation. She had known it all before. At least, this time, she didn't appear to have aged so much, if at all.

She quickly gained her bearings and began to survey her surroundings. It looked pretty much the same, but maybe Adajar had also changed? She ran to the edge of town to see the billboard greeting all visitors -
"Welcome to Rajada Views Estate," it flashed in bold lettering. "Damn it all to hell. Still, it might not be all bad." She rushed towards the palm trees now in the shape of an X and began digging. She soon found just what she was looking for. "Fuckin' A! Double score."

The Unblinking Eye

Postby sevenarts » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Neil stares at one of his uncle's paintings, another boring desert landscape, and his mind wanders. He thinks, uncharacteristically, about his youth, when he was still idealistic, when he had dreams and thought he might actually forge a creative life for himself. He sees himself in the painting, then, standing naked in the desert, everything from his life stripped away, the weight of years falling away in a delirious instant.

Oh man. I get it now. I get what's gone wrong, why I've always felt so empty. I've wasted my life, wasted everything I have. I see it so clear, I can start over, live the dreams I once had. Oh, I feel so --

Neil blinks. He stares at one of his uncle's paintings, blankly, thinking nothing. He feels briefly confused, as though something has changed, something has slipped away and he can't even imagine what it might've been. Everything has changed, and everything stays the same.

sevenarts

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Morning is coming to Rajada. It's still hours before sunrise. The sky is a deep purple and stars still dot the sky. The sun has yet to start show its color. Inside the room it's pitch black. We see a hand fumble from underneath a pile of blankets, in search of the beside table lamp pull string. The hand finally finds the chain and gives it a quick pull. We hear a groan and see something shuffle around under the covers. The room is dimly lit by the stained glass lamp, and we see an array of decor with no discernible theme. Blue walls, antique-looking amish style furniture, a country style quilt covers the bed. On the floor we see a kind of Persian rug that sits underneath and surrounds the bed. It's very home-y, but it looks like the occupant hasn't changed anything in well over a decade. No TV or electronics can be seen anywhere in the room. A woman rises from her sleep, her white hair is in curlers. How does she sleep with curlers on? She runs her hand over her face and we get a glimpse of her nails, each one painted a different color. She reaches again for her nightstand, now able to see, and puts her glasses on and rises from bed and does a light stretch. It looks really peaceful outside. It always does here.

Her name is Alice Magnolia. She's a long time resident of Rajada and has lived here her entire life. She married a man some 7 years ago and they had some good years together. He passed just last year though. Their years together were brief but they were some of the best of her life. She's approaching 67, her birthday is actually in just a few days.

She gets up to use the bathroom. When she's done we see her wash her hands and head for the kitchen. We see her coffee machine and the light tells us it's already on. She flicks the switch and it starts brewing immediately. Must've already been prepared the night before. She glances longingly at the window and we notice a small picture frame sitting on the windowsill containing the picture of a very strikingly handsome (for his age) older man. A small golden heart locket hangs from the corner of the frame.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm

She lets out a soft sigh and says something barely audible

"Bob-- I miss you--"

We can sense the loss emanating from her in this most private, intimate moment. She sits down at her kitchen table, a notepad sits on the table and she scribbles some things down.

On her notepad we see some autobiographical writings in progress. She seems to be working on her memoirs in her old age:

I met Bob at the age of 60 and he was had become well-known in Rajada for his commissioned landscapes of the surrounding areas. I just loved them and he had this big stockpile of them when we met. I used my connection with WOLFCORP and my clients in the flagship store here in Rajada to sell them all so he could live these past few years knowing people loved his work. He wasn't able to paint when we met, his hands were to shaky and he had developed severe arthritis after all those years of endlessly painting. I used to find good bud so it would ease his arthritic pain and all he'd want to talk about is what he'd paint if he still could. When he died I was in the process of trying to find an art studio assistant who might deal with his ramblings and help him achieve some of his new ideas. He was even talking about breaking away from always doing landscapes. I didn't believe him, of course.

Alice has run the fabric boutique here in Rajada for almost 40 years now. It is the last original small business from the Old Rajada that is still standing in the historic Main Street district. She has seen this town go through some major changes these past 20 years. She generally likes it better, but has found that bud is a lot harder to find. That's one thing from "the old Rajada" she couldn't bear to leave behind. All of the other changes though, she has enjoyed immensely. It's definitely not the sleepy old Rajada it once was. Gone are the dirt roads, the dirty, smoke-filled, musty cabins and sheds surrounded by empty and crushed Old Hobbes cans. Now there are sidewalks along every street, gaslight street lamps, 5 bedroom McMansions all over, and chain restaurants on every corner. Life in Rajada is truly better than ever.

The truth is, Ms. Magnolia came into a boon once WOLFCORP settled into town. A young man who grew up in Rajada and helped WOLFCORP settle in for good, Mr. Sage, was so gracious and kind to help Alice set up a thriving business model after she suffered through the loss of a beloved man she was dating at the time as well as a most promising employee. With WOLFCORP being run off and her having to be in the store open to close seven days a week for months and months, Alice started to lose hope in running a successful small business. She didn't Blue's reasons for helping her but it was what she needed to climb out of the financial and emotional hole she was in. Distraction really is the best medicine there is. She poured all of her life energies into her business in those years following that desperate time, eventually her hard work and Blue's connections over at WOLFCORP paid off. Now Alice has a thriving fabric boutique franchise with over 50 locations spread out across the US. Southwestern fashion motifs are really in vogue these days for the younger crowd right now and Alice is taking full advantage.

Alice

Postby iambic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Ruggles H. Wastewater wakes up shrieking.

iambic

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Floyd New Mexico and Craig Tiller clasp hands in the back of an Applebee's delivery van.

'It wasn't our fault....'

'Friendly fire..'

'I forgive you'

'Friendly fire'

'I forgive you'

'I forgive you'

palmer eldritch

Postby bigcat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Jodie Smalls ferries dozens of masks from a small linen closet to the dumpster in her driveway. She looks up at the fiery Rajada sun, streches, and yawns.

Ahhhh, spring cleaning.

bigcat

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Elliott draws the blinds. These migraines were getting worse and worse. He was used to the dehydration of being an alcoholic and severe hydrophobic, but this was something new altogether. It always felt worst stepping out of his Kia into the parking lot of Slainte Abhaile, something about getting out of his car and being in the nauseating brightness before making it to the door felt like a gunshot to his eye socket.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby JUGLIFE » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Ahhh fuck mate wha happ'n
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby inspectorhound » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:35 pm

steve roleplay apologizes for spilling the ranch dressing behind the minifridge

inspectorhound

Postby fuckles » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 pm

"I'm a bear," Bear thought.
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 pm

'I'm a bear!' Floyd hollered after doing a monstrously lengthy rail.

palmer eldritch

Postby separator » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey my name's bryn i work at an office....its kinda lame but pays the bills! I love jack johnson deep cuts and smoking fresh weed. I miss my fraternity bros! I can't decide between bernie or kasich :(

separator

Postby VHB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:00 pm

"Vanner" Henry MacBalanced had a killer idea for a new Dunston/Vanner slashfic that was sure to melt the brains of the folks over at NewMexicoCorp.org and win him the "Best Fanfic" competition for the 2nd year in a row.

He popped open a new bottle of wine he'd picked up over the weekend and poured into his best tasting "glass" and by glass he means a slightly weathered promotional Big Gulp Cup from a couple years back when 7-11 was helping to promote RAJADA 2: RAJARDER. It's #7 of 12, the one with Star-Lord the chillalien and Materia Faery on it. He had doubles of that one. The other copy of it is with the complete set, locked up in an airtight case with a glass front.

He swishes around the wine and, since he hasn't bothered to get a bucket yet, he walks to the bathroom and spits it into the toilet. His phone is still there. It is quite waterlogged now and all the bags of rice in the world won't save it now. Not that they ever would.

"What if..." he cackled to himself, "Father John Misty found everybody himself and named them off to Vanner and Dunston while V&D were making out? Yeah, I bet R4D1CULdood would be trolled so hard by that one. I can hear him whining about how NOT CANON it is already."

He began to type furiously....

VHB
VHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games