HPN WW #17: The Faculty *STUDENTS, PILLHEAD, GOTH WIN*

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby surly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:28 pm

:roll:
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby VHB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 pm

stakeout wrote:so it was a fucking tobey maguire movie

You're really not going to like my next couple of posts then. :D

ATTENTION ALL GOOD TEAMMATES:

This was a deeply satisfying win because virtually all of you contributed.

Stakeout: Thank you for coming at me hard. Having to stand up to you made me a little bit better player. Having Jordan be fake was a better idea and I should've stolen it. The petty rivalry with Jeff helped define Veruca and I can see an alternate time line where he lived longer and they played out a cliche scene where they cussed each other out until they made out. Also I think the confusion you stirred up about my exact role was armor I sorely needed. So you helped out.

Narc Blossom: Under The Bleachers, the safe space semi private channel, was a wonderful honeypot. Separator: this was how we caught you. Good job.

Metersk: thanks for being so cagey. It was good instincts. Glad we were finally able to link up the popular kid/chess club cabal of doom, especially while Palmer was still around.

Palmer and Duke: the proto cabal. Indispensable work behind the scenes, even outside of your role powers. Which you used wonderfully. Duke? CLUTCH alert. MVP candidates, both of you. Palmer found all the neutrals, and the drunk security guard. Most of the good specials, really. Magnificent networking.

Werd: I remember you saying a month or so back you had the perfect tanner strategy in mind, and were waiting for your chance to use it. Was this it? Beautiful.

Ecto: Tanner #2. Thank you for effectively siding with us, even if it was more to teach team evil a lesson. You opened the door for us, no doubt.

Laserblast: OH MY FUCKING GOD DUDE. In awe. EPIC.

DRAGONS: I never trust you as much as I should, eh "lone wolf"? Solid villager work, sorry we couldn't vet you until the end, but you did better on your own anyway. And as always, thank you for your ability to rein in some of my CIFOM, more than most.

Catullus: Co-captain of the Clashing Clique Cabal yesterday. You brought Ampersand in, or at least were doing so at the end.

Ampersand: You have the best pure poker face in our little society here, imho. No one can figure out what you are, ever. Thank you for your scrupulous doubt even of your own self. He thought he was the DSG even after 2 correct scans.

Casimir and Ankh: Thank you for throwing in with us. I hope my sucking up to you guys played a bit part in that :)

LOD: I learn more on how to improve my game from you every time, ally or opponent. Thanks for making a bunch of noise with me, and being good council in the proto cabal days.

PIERROT: You killed Mudd with the Molly. That alone was worthwhile. Good work staying invisible and keeping yourself in the game and helping.

Pantsoclock: Our LEAKMASTER. You were critical in getting the right info out about Fuckles and Dragons and others. Thank you!

Phillipe: You are a solid teammate who doesn't get nearly enough respect. My best move was believing in you from the start. And you were right about Bread all along. I should never have started to talk you out of using your OD kill shot on her.

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry. Just because I didn't see your contribution didn't mean you didn't make it.

also BILL: you were technically our opponent but you had a virtually impossible win condition and maybe it's just because you haven't been on much but you didn't whine once, and you played it as best you could and probably the only way you can. Thanks for trying, I hope you had fun regardless and are still into our fun and weird little hobby here.

And to our opponents: I never completely counted you out until Bread threw in the towel while I was at work. There are reasons for that.

Thanks guys.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby surly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 pm

your whole "tortured artist (who doesn't make any art) who throws tantrums because people don't realize his genius and lashes out at anyone who calls him on his bullshit" shtick is so tired
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby ecto » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 pm

his RP was alton lister and mine was shawn kemp
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby ecto » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 pm

dunkio
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)

ecto

Postby VHB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Also thank you to Alice for putting this all together, and to Luke for helping AND indulging my Layne Staley parody death lore I had pre-prepared because I knew at least one person would no-show.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby compatibility mode » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:43 pm

bluemoon wrote:thanks for doing this alice <3

had tons of fun burning and crashing lol

thanks to luke too!

compatibility mode

Postby VHB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:47 pm

bluemoon wrote:thanks for doing this alice <3

had tons of fun burning and crashing lol

Still waiting to finally be on an evil team with you someday and learn a few things (a lot of things). Sorry for blowing ya off in DM. It was TACTICAL and I was doing a lot of that. :lol:

VHB
VHS

Postby ecto » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:54 pm

bluemoon is an evil visionary

ecto

Postby milano boy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:54 pm

also wanna say thanks a ton to alice and luke. this was pretty nuts for a first legit ww

milano boy

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:00 pm

metersk wrote:also wanna say thanks a ton to alice and luke. this was pretty nuts for a first legit ww

You were a good teammate and good job getting stuff together while I was driving 500 miles on the first damn day of the game. <3

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby milano boy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 pm

:D

milano boy

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 am

VHB wrote:
stakeout wrote:so it was a fucking tobey maguire movie

You're really not going to like my next couple of posts then. :D

ATTENTION ALL GOOD TEAMMATES:

This was a deeply satisfying win because virtually all of you contributed.

Stakeout: Thank you for coming at me hard. Having to stand up to you made me a little bit better player. Having Jordan be fake was a better idea and I should've stolen it. The petty rivalry with Jeff helped define Veruca and I can see an alternate time line where he lived longer and they played out a cliche scene where they cussed each other out until they made out. Also I think the confusion you stirred up about my exact role was armor I sorely needed. So you helped out.

Narc Blossom: Under The Bleachers, the safe space semi private channel, was a wonderful honeypot. Separator: this was how we caught you. Good job.

Metersk: thanks for being so cagey. It was good instincts. Glad we were finally able to link up the popular kid/chess club cabal of doom, especially while Palmer was still around.

Palmer and Duke: the proto cabal. Indispensable work behind the scenes, even outside of your role powers. Which you used wonderfully. Duke? CLUTCH alert. MVP candidates, both of you. Palmer found all the neutrals, and the drunk security guard. Most of the good specials, really. Magnificent networking.

Werd: I remember you saying a month or so back you had the perfect tanner strategy in mind, and were waiting for your chance to use it. Was this it? Beautiful.

Ecto: Tanner #2. Thank you for effectively siding with us, even if it was more to teach team evil a lesson. You opened the door for us, no doubt.

Laserblast: OH MY FUCKING GOD DUDE. In awe. EPIC.

DRAGONS: I never trust you as much as I should, eh "lone wolf"? Solid villager work, sorry we couldn't vet you until the end, but you did better on your own anyway. And as always, thank you for your ability to rein in some of my CIFOM, more than most.

Catullus: Co-captain of the Clashing Clique Cabal yesterday. You brought Ampersand in, or at least were doing so at the end.

Ampersand: You have the best pure poker face in our little society here, imho. No one can figure out what you are, ever. Thank you for your scrupulous doubt even of your own self. He thought he was the DSG even after 2 correct scans.

Casimir and Ankh: Thank you for throwing in with us. I hope my sucking up to you guys played a bit part in that :)

LOD: I learn more on how to improve my game from you every time, ally or opponent. Thanks for making a bunch of noise with me, and being good council in the proto cabal days.

PIERROT: You killed Mudd with the Molly. That alone was worthwhile. Good work staying invisible and keeping yourself in the game and helping.

Pantsoclock: Our LEAKMASTER. You were critical in getting the right info out about Fuckles and Dragons and others. Thank you!

Phillipe: You are a solid teammate who doesn't get nearly enough respect. My best move was believing in you from the start. And you were right about Bread all along. I should never have started to talk you out of using your OD kill shot on her.

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry. Just because I didn't see your contribution didn't mean you didn't make it.

also BILL: you were technically our opponent but you had a virtually impossible win condition and maybe it's just because you haven't been on much but you didn't whine once, and you played it as best you could and probably the only way you can. Thanks for trying, I hope you had fun regardless and are still into our fun and weird little hobby here.

And to our opponents: I never completely counted you out until Bread threw in the towel while I was at work. There are reasons for that.

Thanks guys.

Thanks VH. I think everyone played well in the face of tough odds and we also caught some breaks. Thanks for being my main sounding board and partner in crime after duke died. The secret is out that you're good at this game (unfortunately for you maybe :P ).

palmer eldritch

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:06 am

Oh, I was just looking forward to this one for a long time and perhaps a bit more highly motivated than I've been in the past. 8-)

VHB
VHS

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:24 am

I loved that I got to be in character more with Veruca than anywhere else. <3 #bless

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:46 am

this game was too fast. i want to play again.

compatibility mode

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:47 am

Also, reading the spreadsheet I am a little sad that the tanner's bottle of pills only converted a new tanner once.

Remember how we thought it was going to keep happening?

Sorry DRAGONS. :( I know the possibility endless parade of contagious tannerism perturbed you, but I think you know how I feel about the idea.

:twisted:

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 am

Catullus wrote:I loved that I got to be in character more with Veruca than anywhere else. <3 #bless

Big thank you to everybody who was willing to keep slack backchannel RP up with Veruca.

Trask and Catullus, and Kit, I remember you the most. Cafeteria and Grotto Crew were fun too.

VHB
VHS

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 am

still waiting for the game where literally everyone is a tanner at once
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

DRAGONS 666
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 am

except for maybe you vhb.

DRAGONS LAB OF WW EXPERIMENTS

DRAGONS 666

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:18 am

also this is for u pants <3

DRAGONS 666

Postby pantsoclock » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:46 am

That is truly an incredible picture, but obviously the inferior (but still amazing microsoft product) Windows 3.1.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby pantsoclock » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:48 am

Oh I see you have attempted to cover up the deprecated nature of this box with a sticker that has unfortunately been reversed.
Just like I had to reverse my opinion of your role in this game.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby iambic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:59 am

I know there are always a buncha games lined up, but I'd like to take a shot at one of these some days. I have a noir thing with interesting/impossible neutral roles.

iambic

Postby mudd » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:44 am

i won't be playing again any time soon, but as i said in slack i'd be up for backup modding or lore duty for a game that needs such services.

m
mudd

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

I don't think there's any games planned soon beyond what Laserblast has lined up, Iambic (i have a couple ideas for quick/light games but they're still formative and I want some more assist mod experience before I take them on anyway) so if you want to jump in now's a good time. I've been interested in your noir concept since you first mentioned it.

DRAGONS wrote:still waiting for the game where literally everyone is a tanner at once

DRAGONS wrote:except for maybe you vhb.

Cruel, Cruel Irony. :(

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:27 am

Gonna have to talk to Luke about that but yes I am also ready for more Secret Hitler as well

VHB
VHS

Postby Kaputt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:38 am

iambic wrote:I know there are always a buncha games lined up, but I'd like to take a shot at one of these some days. I have a noir thing with interesting/impossible neutral roles.

That sounds great, I'd definitely be up for that.

Would anyone be interested in a slack game of one night werewolf? With like 10-15 players we could probably rattle through a game in an hour or so on a Saturday evening. It's far lighter than our traditional games and there are some interesting role swapping mechanics.

Kaputt

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 am

Laserblast did that over Christmas and it worked fine.

Not sure if that specific time frame is going to be conducive to good turn out but I'm keen on the idea if I'm physically around.

VHB
VHS

Postby wendy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:46 am

yeah i could do a single night without losing my mind

i don't think i can commit to a long in depth game for a while

wendy

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games