HPN WW #18: SCABS WIN

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:06 pm

stakeout should probably die too because he is too much of a wild card.

pretty much everyone but me should die, then team good would actually win.
compatibility mode

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Actually team good would then not win, including you.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Can the scabs get this blackmail over with?
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 pm

:( Jeffrey, you still need to get your frosty bottle of coke.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Ankh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:10 pm

I dunno if I mentioned it publicly, but the original seer email sent me a message trying to get me on board after I protested in this thread. It sounded like Pierrot to me. I (wrongly) suspected he was misleading us. I think Kit Fox is the only person I talked to about this.
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby Ankh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:11 pm

so uh hey i batted .500 on that one! heh
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Casimir has been blackmailed by the scabs.

He was an ordinary piss factory worker.

Lore and ghost chat invite coming when I get home or LB checks in and posts the day deadline.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:16 pm

stakeout calls out my post, cat hops on it, stake votes phillipe, cat votes me, i come out swinging, which places more suspicion on me, phillipe is lynched, and im being prepped for the mob.

if they are scabs, its a pretty good play.

i vote phillipe because i dont really feel like playing and it seems to be going that way, so i didnt really have to think that much. then i actually read the posts and phillipe doesnt seem evil to me at all, grammatron seems to be lurking so i thought he was slokra, so i vote grammatron. cat is like hmmm but what about cm? efreet comes in and votes for me. im like, well eff that im voting for phillipe cause even if im not really playing i dont want to get lynched over some bs.

that was the extent of the logic in my play.

should have just voted for myself.
compatibility mode

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:22 pm

We're not scabs, you idiot, I was the first person to say we needed to vote out big cat.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:32 pm

is that an ableist insult?

just kill me
compatibility mode

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 pm

It's the 1950s, what's ableism?
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Look, don't be ridiculous. At this point it's more helpful to the scabs if we start yelling at each other too much. We only get two misfires. This isn't impossible.

Right now here's who I trust:
kit fox
stakeout

Here's who I haven't formed much of an opinion on yet for various reasons:
ampersand
grammatron
ankh

Here's who I am suspicious of:
efreet
compatibility mode

I'm not going to just vote for you to lynch, but you have to understand that sliding in to vote and then being like 'oh i couldn't play before' is such a wolf move. I should know, that's what happened when I was a wolf. It's frustrating if you're not, I get it, but you have to at least recognize why we're suspicious.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:04 pm

john plainman wrote:big cat cos thats the only intel i've received and in classic WW, you dont win with no kill

Catullus wrote:There's enough room and it's early enough in the game for us to make a calculated risk.

compatibility mode wrote:big cat
death is better than no death

there isnt really any fundamental difference between these three statements.

you are hung up on when i posted. it was my second post in the thread (i think), and i made it because i saw the time limit coming up. it was def a band wagon post because i saw a tie and wanted to break it. so, what else is there for me to say?

i still think trusting steakout is a mistake.
compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 pm

get out of the tunnel and start grilling someone else.

based on your list, ampersand seems fine to me, but ankh, efreet, and gram could do with some interrogation.
compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:16 pm

efreet

not sure when ill be back, takin' a long lunch break.
compatibility mode

Postby Ampersand » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Catullus wrote:At this point it's more helpful to the scabs if we start yelling at each other too much. We only get two misfires.

This.

I'm growing increasingly concerned by the scabs' night actions. In light of their (I suppose) incredibly solid guess work in hitting the muscle and slokra on consecutive nights, blackmailing Casimir is initially a baffling choice. But actually it seems quite calculated-- Casimir, a relative non-player who had made no significant ripples in the game, was eliminated so that the loudest and most suspicious of us remain to accuse and report one another. Unless we nab one today and their situation changes, I'd assume their strategy will remain the same: they'll leave all likely suspects alive to take the heat.

But this leaves me torn. The scabs could be among the most vocal of us or the least. They only have to survive two more day phases and thus have no reason to alter their play style(s).

I was hoping their bonus kill would be more revealing, but it seems they want us to keep guessing.
Ampersand

Postby kit fox » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:23 pm

yeah let's go back to the late voter list, I'm ready to see what lynch: efreet is/was up to with that late show up to the big cat vote
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

I'm not grilling you. I'm saying I'm moving on. Just stop dude.

Okay, efreet, tell us your story.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 pm

efreet

Just to make it official. You've been quiet, let's see what's your story.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:34 pm

ooooooooo ooo oooppsss ooooo
Last edited by Geoff on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
ok

Postby Ampersand » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Geoff, I have some bad news.
Ampersand

Postby werd » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:36 pm

I have bad news bud
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Geoff you might want to sit down for this.
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:37 pm

oops
Geoff
ok

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:38 pm

I commend Geoff's enthusiasm for the game.

Unfortunately you're dead. Blackmailed. Whatever.

Please make your way to ghostchat.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby Ampersand » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:41 pm

I agree with our fallen ghost slokra, though: of the three likeliest scabs on my list, efreet is the scabbiest.
I await his public response to the accusations and note (as ever) that my vote is provisional rather than final.
Ampersand

Postby kit fox » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:34 pm

efreet are you going to come in here and bang ears with us or what

lay it on us bud
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Casimir » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm

oo0o00oo0o0o0o0o whyyyyyy did you fuuuuuckin scabs killlll meeeeee ooo0000o0o0o0o0o0o0oo balls o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Casimir

Postby efreet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:27 am

ok so strikes against me that I see being made are: general quietness, big cat vote timing, compat mode back and forth. I'll try to explain those (but it will probably be underwhelming).

- quietness. I was legitimately out of town all weekend and while I did have internet access throughout I was pretty busy the whole time. I got back on sunday night and that is when I caught up on the thread and had a brief convo with kitfox about ecto.

- big cat timing. I'm a huge procrastinator in life and in werewolf, apparently. I was inclined to vote for big cat on sunday night (fwiw, which is probably not much), but didn't really have much to say along with the vote, so I wanted to have something to show and be not totally useless. I'm on MDT, so yesterday morning I got into work ~9:30am, read thread, did some actual work, spent some time figuring out number of mislynches we had and then voted at ~10:30am. During this time I communicated with stakeout stating my intention to vote for big cat.

- compatbility mode back and forth. Again came into work and caught up on thread and read what I felt were some weird posts (and votes for philippe then grammatron) by compatiblity mode. I voted for him with the intention of trying to explain his behavior. This was not a useful thing to do, as it just added more noise and weirdness.

tl;dr I'm bad at this. This lynch will be a mislynch but I've got no one to blame but myself. Sorry team.
efreet
hpnww superfan

Postby Ankh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:23 am

it's too late for efreet, the votes aren't going to turn at this point

if efreet is scab, fantastic. i'm hopeful this is the case since they haven't address what i consider the most damning evidence: snooping around about plainman and geoff

if not, I've got to assume the scabs are playing a savvy game, and not just lucky.
in that case, the chain of me suspecting plainman as being behind the original seer email and then telling kit fox, who told stakeout, who claims to have told efreet should be looked at.
Ankh
senior fellow

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games