HPN WW #18: SCABS WIN

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby efreet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:51 am

Sorry I haven't been on the picket line lately. I was drowning myself in piss out of town all weekend.

As I see it, we can sustain 2 mislynches until the numbers get worrisome. It seems worth it to risk one mislynch to verify this seer.

big cat

efreet
hpnww superfan

Postby bigcat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 am

Not you too, efreet!!

When I am vindicated take a good hard look at catallus who has had it out for me from the start

$$$Fuck scabs make money$$$$
Camby OUT

bigcat

Postby grammatron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:59 am

Ronnie Balloon sits on the toilet for the umpteenth time today. "That's the last time I eat a tuna salad sandwich that's been sitting out in the sun all day," he thinks, though he also realizes he has nothing else to take for lunch, and chances are it's still pretty warm even in the shade. He hates that he was too busy trotting to and from the bathroom today to even make it out to the picket line. "Every man down weakens our position," he thinks.

But still, there is a lot of information to be gleaned from trying to out the scabs early. He recognizes that every man and woman on the picket line (or toilet in his case) is making sacrifices for the good of the union, and if someone has to be taken out to further that cause, then, well, as sad as that will be, it has to be done.

"Big Cat, I hope you don't mind taking one for the team," he says, his words cutting through the sound of his diarrhea splatters.

grammatron

Postby bigcat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 pm

oOooOo

Enjoy your movement's excruciating half-century of decline, mofos! Can't keep Camby from his piss!

oOoOo

bigcat

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 pm

oh gee :(

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby Casimir » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Balls

Casimir

Postby kit fox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

jfc

lynch: philippe

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Ampersand » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Ankh wrote:No Kills on Big Cat

geoff
big cat
ampersand
me (before I switched)
philipe

As always, it's also not any less likely that the remaining scabs are hiding on the "lynch big cat" side.
Or on both sides.

Or did anyone not vote at all yesterday?

Ampersand

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Yeah take a hard look at me. I might not have voted first but I was fast on us talking about the lynch. Honestly we have good clues on who took look for. The no kills need to explain their reasoning. Why wouldn't you want to at least test if our muscle was lucky enough to hit a dirty scab on first scan?

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Ampersand » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Catullus wrote:The no kills need to explain their reasoning. Why wouldn't you want to at least test if our muscle was lucky enough to hit a dirty scab on first scan?

Personally, I got hosed by anon wolf-pretending-to-be-good e-mails for the entirety of the last game. Thus, the string of coincidences plainman had been racking up (scab on first scan, conveniently blackmailed/role revealed player on second) left me skeptical enough to avoid the bandwagon and any potential numbers disadvantage it might introduce were we unlucky. It also seemed as reasonable to me (if not more so) that the real strong man was identifying goods and creating a cabal.

Ampersand

Postby john plainman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm

OooooOoo I MIGHT HAVE BEEN BLACKMAILED BUT I ALSO DIED FROM BOREDOM ooOOoOooo

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 pm

The ghost of our muscle man wants to make it interesting. Mr. Ampersand, I'm reflecting on your comments but also wondering what your thoughts are now? Surely we won't get as lucky killing another scan immediately following hitting one early on, but I don't want to just kick someone out of the Union willy nilly. It will surely look terrible for us, and I don't think many of us could afford for it not to go through.

Philippe, I'm curious about your play and reasoning. Care to share?

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby kit fox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 pm

jesus whatever you do dont take a sandwich from balloon if he offers

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:21 pm

is way too blackmailed to offer his thoughts on sandwiches

palmer eldritch

Postby Ampersand » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Catullus wrote:The ghost of our muscle man wants to make it interesting. Mr. Ampersand, I'm reflecting on your comments but also wondering what your thoughts are now? Surely we won't get as lucky killing another scan immediately following hitting one early on, but I don't want to just kick someone out of the Union willy nilly. It will surely look terrible for us, and I don't think many of us could afford for it not to go through.

With the muscle dead, the game is radically altered. It now feels like an IRL game of werewolf, which is a rarity in these games of ours and sort of exciting (despite the added challenge). So, we're only going to be able to suss out the scabs (and slokra) through public communication and our readings of players' behavior and excuses/justifications. This of course means that more thread activity is absolutely necessary, otherwise we're lynching in the dark. Here's hoping discussion picks up in here soon...

I think caution is still advisable if/until more of us chime in. Now we NEED to blackmail in order to confirm or refute our suspicions, but I still don't think it behooves us to do so without reasonable cause.

Therefore, once again my provisional vote is no kill, but I'd be eager to change that if this place livens up or evidence begins to stack up before the deadline.

Ampersand

Postby Casimir » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 pm

NK - geoff
BC - stakeout
NK - ampersand
BC - casimir
BC - kit fox
BC - catallus
NK - phillipe
BC - ankh
BC - compatibility mode
BC -efreet
BC - grammatron

OK, so 11 players remaining. 9 union workers trying to get a few more bucks per hour plus some bennies (we WILL prevail), two scabs, and a slokra.

Given my previous experience I would have to say that stakeout not being dead is surprising (albeit refreshing). Is he a scab? Are the scabs just wanting us to lynch him? He rolled pretty hard for big cat to be killed...but was this an even bigger ploy to remain alive?

Phillipe...has a weird dog persona. Impossible to read. Sus.

efreet - absolutely no clue

gramma - loved his story about a warm tuna sandwich. rung true. his prose about explosive diarrhea brought me back to summers as a day laborer. i feel like he usually writes these longish posts that are relatively meh.

geoff - somehow more absent than usual?????

Compatibility mode & efreet - no idea

catullus - coaching debates, throwing out accusations in her spare time???

ankh and ampersand - running out of steam here . . . sorry for bunching you guys together but I'm kind of drunk and don't have a tone to work with?

TLDR: stakeout, phillipe, geoff, gramma

Casimir

Postby Casimir » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 pm

phillipe until further notice

Casimir

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:35 pm

No but I'm asking all no kills to explain their reasoning again. I don't think your reasoning made much sense then and I wonder why you're being so defensive.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 pm

I have explained my reasoning. Why would a good worker go for three no kills? No killing yesterday was a really unwise course of action and even if you didnt trust the message, not trusting it wasn't a very good way to handle the position we were in.

That you're coming for me now when I'm just asking you to better explain yourself is weird. I don't particularly think you're a scab but I don't understand how you play.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Casimir » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm bad at counting (i won't pretend to call it math).

11 players leaves 8 union workers, 2 scabs, 1 slokra.

Philippe - I doubt they had found the muscle out so much as he is a well established player who makes a decent target. Less obvious than stakeout though...

Casimir

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Because its an obvious fucking wolf ploy, don't pretend to never play this game. And you saying "oh why would we do something obvious' is now looking more obvious.

And Casimer, in a game like this the only shot you have is flinging accusations. Jeff is doing good work here.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby kit fox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Philippe wrote:I still don't think it was unwise - first of all, changing my vote when bigcat was already as good as dead would have looked even dumber.

you voted to tie it

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:56 pm

kit fox wrote:
Philippe wrote:I still don't think it was unwise - first of all, changing my vote when bigcat was already as good as dead would have looked even dumber.

you voted to tie it

:idea:

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Phillippe you're playing real weird.

Stop being defensive and give us some better ideas if it isn't you.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby kit fox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Philippe wrote:
Catullus wrote:
kit fox wrote:you voted to tie it

:idea:

great observation - while two votes were still out, i repeated the vote i had submitted too early. :idea:

no that happened on day 1

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:38 pm

I've answered your questions multiple times, and I explained my reasoning on big cat in depth multiple times before they were revealed. WHY DO YOU THINK ITS UNLIKELY THAT THE SCABS WOULD NOT NO KILL? I think one no killed and one slid in at the end. That's why I'm asking both the no kills and the late voters to explain themselves. I've thought this through, apparently more than you have. Stop being dense.

I suspect you and one of the late voters, maybe compatibility mode.

THERE IS THAT EXPLANATION ENOUGH FOR YOU? Jesus fuck.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm tired.

I'm just going to vote compatibility mode and see if he'll come in here and explain what he meant in his vote.

I also want to hear from efreet.

GO!

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 am

I already fucking questioned ampersand, jesus of course I didn't forget him.

Look, this dog is a total idiot right now and I'm not really in the mood to continue arguing. The other workers can see who has been more helpful for the union.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Ampersand » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:18 am

Ankh wrote:w/r/t the Big Cat vote, I personally doubt that the scabs would sacrifice one of their own so early. Especially when there are only 3 of them, the Muscle is unverified, and they possibly already have an idea of who the Muscle is. That's why I'd guess they're there in the NK or late kill votes, like Catullus said.

So by being a NK and then a late kill vote, you're doubly sus, right? ;)

Ampersand

Postby VHB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:22 am

Current vote tally is:

3: Phillipe
2: No Kill
1: Compatibility Mode

out of 11 total players. A little more than 4 hours left

[Someone always casts a vote while I'm making these posts :) ]
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games