WWatergate (HPN Werewolf #19): Plumbers Caught!

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby Ankh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 am

June 1972

Welcome to the Watergate Hotel!

As concerned citizens, you might notice a bit of fishy activity going on here. Please help us expose these CREEPs and get them out of our swimming pool! Every day the guests at the Watergate will vote subpoena someone (or no one) who will then be removed from the grounds and tied up in the court system forever. Every night the Plumbers will choose a guest to, hm, I dunno, “kill”. Fine.

Enjoy your stay!

- Management

PLAYERS: (11 good, 2 evil, 1 neutral)
mcphee - hotel guest, cancelled reservation day 0
Ampersand - hotel guest, killed n1
Laserblast - hotel guest, killed n2
AdamTrask - hotel guest, killed n3
Surly - Plumber, subpoenaed d3
Bread - hotel guest, killed n4
Iambic - Plumber, subpoenaed d4
luke - hotel guest, killed n5
efreet - Plumber, subpoenaed d5
universe - Frank Wills, killed n6
Philipe - Plumber, subpoenaed d6
Casimir
Palmer
Metersk
VHB
Geoff
Catullus
Stakeout
terrific bedwetter
kit fox

TES

ROLES:
(4) Plumbers aka Wolves

Third-rate burglars? Fascists? Destroyers of Democracy? Whatever, they're the bad guys. No special powers other than twice getting to block a killed guest from releasing a posthumous tape. Every night they vote to eject another guest from the hotel so they can go about their wiretapping in peace.

(1) Swayze in a Nixon Mask aka Jester

This adrenaline junkie is seeking his final fix... in the halls of justice . He wants nothing more than to be subpoenaed by the guests in the hotel. However, SINM won't go quietly and will choose one guest to get caught in the crossfire when the pigs come for him. SINM will not receive this retaliation kill if he killed by the Plumbers. Instead, his mask will clog the drainage pipe that the plumbers ditch his corpse in and will be unable to choose a target the following night.

(1) Frank Wills aka Lookout

This humble security guard knows something's up in his hotel. Each night, Frank Wills will monitor the security camera for one guests' room of his choice. If that guest is visited by the Plumbers, than Frank will be granted the name of one of the Plumbers (chosen randomly). Frank's reward for his heroic action is paltry, and there will be a one night cool-down period after a successful visit where Frank will take some PTO. Nothing happens if he picks a Plumber's room to monitor. Nothing happens if he picks the room of a guest who isn't killed by the Plumbers that night.

(0-1) Deep Throat aka Amnesiac Seer

Deep Throat will begin leaking information the hotel guests beginning on the Third Night. Deep Throat will be chosen at this time, so there is no chance that the Plumbers will take this player out before they emerge. Each night they will choose a player to scan for intel. The results will strictly be related to the Plumbers. Frank Wills and Swayze will not be identified by Deep Throat. Management will deliver the results of Deep Throats scan to them privately.

(14-13) Hotel Guests

Concerned citizens staying at the Watergate Hotel for one reason or another.

ITEM:
Audio Tapes - All players may submit audio to be released publicly without comment by Management at any point during their visit. There is even the option to submit an audio recording ASAP after being subpoenaed or killed (no ghost chat until after it is sent in). The content can be info, hunches, jokes, false info, whatever. BUT twice in the game the Plumbers get the option to “BURN THE TAPES”.
Management has provided an email address to send voice memos or whatever audio files to, and a phone number to leave messages on. Contact me if you have any further questions about how to send audio.
The audio tapes are basically a possible replacement for the anonymous group emails, as well as a possibly helpful mechanism for good to pass last minute intel/thoughts along. Only the posthumous tape recordings will be verified by Management.
Audio participation is not required in this game. You can use text-to-speech programs/websites if you choose as well.

TIMELINE:
Day - All guests must vote ("NK" is fine) to subpoena and make a post in the thread by end of day. Frank Wills must submit that night's visit target and Deep Throat must submit that night's intel target to Management by end of day. Failure to participate in 2 non-consecutive days will result in guest checking out of the hotel.

Night - Plumbers must submit kill choice and whether or not they want to burn that person's tape by end of night.

Vote/Participation Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jLd2oHcmWIoVX77eUGly7n0arvUxqawIrwwm87P1F3w/edit#gid=548011441

btw, All the President's Men is streaming on prime

DISCLAIMER:
- no screenshots
- no video screenshots (YOU KNOW WHO)
- nothing super-shitty or triggering

HELPFUL COPY/PASTE:

subpoena: Ankh
Code: Select all
[b]subpoena: [color=#FF0000]Ankh/color][/b]

rescind: Ankh
Code: Select all
[b]rescind: [color=#00BF00]Ankh[/color][/b]
Last edited by Ankh on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:34 am, edited 51 times in total.
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby Ampersand » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:05 am

In.
Ampersand

Postby ecto » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:07 am

edit: nvm didnt see start date, cannot join OR help
Last edited by ecto on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby Ankh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:59 am

ecto wrote:edit: nvm didnt see start date, cannot join OR help

well the start date can be whenever is best honestly
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby Casimir » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Yes please
Casimir

Postby efreet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:53 pm

ready to die
efreet
hpnww superfan

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:58 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

It's me, Tricky Dick
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby milano boy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 pm

i'm in!
repus lumen
milano boy

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:22 pm

V. Hordon Biddy is ready to break in.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby wendy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:27 pm

i'm in but i ask that, if i'm still alive by d3, the village does me a solid and lynches me
wendy

Postby adamtrask » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Yes, I'll do this.
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.
adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby wendy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Suspension Bridge wrote:i'm in but i ask that, if i'm still alive by d3, the village does me a solid and lynches me

to be clear i'm seriously asking this
wendy

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:45 pm

you know we cannot
palmer eldritch

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Sorry bread but I will mod kill anyone that sacrifices you needlessly
john plainman

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 pm

hello I'm in
Geoff
i like jazz

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:05 pm

I am already enthralled with this tape/recording mechanic.

Suspension Bridge wrote:
Suspension Bridge wrote:i'm in but i ask that, if i'm still alive by d3, the village does me a solid and lynches me

to be clear i'm seriously asking this

Okay but if your tape doesn't rip AND slay I'm going to be unhappy.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby Catullus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:11 pm

In
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby surly » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

hi, i'm gordy
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:10 pm

surly wrote:hi, i'm gordy

palmer eldritch

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:04 pm

I want to play purely for the audio gimmick
iambic

Postby Ankh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:16 pm

very happy people are excited about the audio thing. if anyone's shy about that, you don't HAVE to record anything if/when you die, you'll just miss out on a chance to pass on intel and/or do some taunting
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby surly » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:25 pm

how do you most intelligent and not at all naive mods intend to ensure tapes are useful and timely when you've got west coast players, east coast players, and europeans?
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Ankh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:38 pm

well, we've got a west coast and east coast mods

we'll probably put a deadline on getting the tape in, though yeah it might need to be a long-ish deadline. if your info is pertinent when you're killed at 9pm EST, than it'll probably be good at noon the next day.

If people have important info and are worried about missing a chance to submit their tape after death they can send in audio all they want and if they're killed we can just upload the most recent one if that's what the player chooses.

Whether it's a voicemail or an emailed voice memo it won't be hard to upload to soundcloud within minutes of receiving it.
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby Ankh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:40 pm

pierrot's power balance is based on 20 players so let's get to that number on sign ups here
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:33 pm

surly wrote:how do you most intelligent and not at all naive mods intend to ensure tapes are useful and timely when you've got west coast players, east coast players, and europeans?

That's your problem, not ours. Tapes will likely be useful even if they're not delivered until late into the day.
john plainman

Postby terrific bedwetter » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:37 pm

!signup
terrific bedwetter

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:05 pm

ROLES:

Plumbers aka AROOOOO

These are the wolves. They smell like piss and their buttcrack is somehow visible from every angle. Weird. They must all be subpoenaed for the hotel guests to prevail.

Swayze in a Nixon Mask aka Jester

This adrenaline junkie is seeking his final fix... in the halls of justice . He wants nothing more than to be subpoenaed by the guests in the hotel. However, SINM won't go quietly and will choose one guest to get caught in the crossfire when the pigs come for him. SINM will not receive this retaliation kill if he killed by the Plumbers. Instead, his mask will clog the drainage pipe that the plumbers ditch his corpse in and will be unable to choose a target the following night.

Frank Wills aka Lookout

This humble security guard knows something's up in his hotel. Each night, Frank Wills will monitor the security camera for the guests' room of his choice. If they are visited by the Plumbers, then he'll know about it.

Deep Throat aka Amnesiac Seer

Deep Throat will begin leaking information to one of the hotel guest's beginning on the Third Night. Their handler will be chosen at random at this time, so there is no chance that the Plumbers will disrupt this intelligence before it is available. The information will strictly be related to the Plumbers. Frank Wills and Swayze will not be identified by Deep Throat.

Hotel Guests aka Villagers

Mouth-breathing tourists. These unceasingly patriotic morons are typically wrong about everything, and won't hesitate to express their backwards opinions. God Bless the USA.
Antisocial hotel guests will be mercilessly bullied by their peers and expelled from the hotels. Each guest is required to make at least TWO posts per DAY PHASE: One vote and one other response (strategic/RP contribution. PLUMBERS AND SPECIALS DO NOT HAVE THIS REQUIREMENT BUT I SUGGEST THEY MEET THIS BARE MINIMIUM IF THEY WANT TO FIT IN.
Last edited by john plainman on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 pm

It's pretty much the same.

Lookout scenario:

Pierrot the lookout chooses to watch Laserblast, a villager, for N2. Laserblast is visited by the plumbers and murdered. Pierrot is told that Laserblast was visited by Efreet, a randomly-chosen name from the pool of plumbers
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 pm

It's like a reverse seer. Choose your kill targets carefully. Palmer may not be the best N1 pick anymore!
john plainman

Next

Return to Board Games