WWatergate (HPN Werewolf #19): Plumbers Caught!

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:37 am

palmer eldritch wrote:I mean subpoena, not kill.

:lol:
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 am

this is the watergate hotel
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:46 am

palmer eldritch wrote:I, palmer eldritch, the guy everyone suspected and wanted to lynch until surly was sac fly'd, am in contact with the seer and the lookout. please do my bidding and kill, er, subpoena.. that's what you guests say, right? subpoena? everyone I say.

..

I'm going to give the specials (and the rest of the game's players) some credit here, palmer.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 am

hehe
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 am

they did do a great job honestly
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

yes, they successfully seered surly, who pretty much no one had publicly suspected or voted for, followed by iambic, who literally no one had publicly suspected or voted for. damn fine intuition, if you ask me!
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 am

Maybe it's Big Cat again? :lol:
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8603
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 am

Iambic
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8603
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:00 am

here's an interesting part of my long, friendly chat with bread last night:

suspensionbridge [7:08 PM]
hi

iambic [7:12 PM]
hey

suspensionbridge [7:13 PM]
have you talked to catullus at all?

iambic [7:13 PM]
not since the start of the game

suspensionbridge [7:13 PM]
what about tes?

iambic [7:13 PM]
wait, no

[7:13]
I spoke to Catullus yesterday

suspensionbridge [7:13 PM]
ooh can i see?

iambic [7:14 PM]
but it was our only chat

[7:14]
sure

iambic [7:14 PM]
added a Plain Text snippet
iambic [9:47 AM]
hello catullus
catullus [10:15 AM]
Add Comment Click to expand inline 111 lines
iambic [7:15 PM]
that's the whole thing

[7:15]
haven't spoken to tes this game

suspensionbridge [7:15 PM]
awesome thanks

iambic [7:16 PM]
can I ask what this is about?

suspensionbridge [7:17 PM]
now that i know surly's evil i'm looking more at his interactions with people in the thread

[7:18]
and at the beginning their back and forth about stakeout's idiot plan seemed weird

[7:18]
but i forgot about it until i just started going back through the thread

iambic [7:18 PM]
yeah, I went back through my chats with surly

suspensionbridge [7:18 PM]
so now i'm trying to collect as much info on her as posssible

iambic [7:18 PM]
haven't read the thread yet

suspensionbridge [7:18 PM]
because i'm insane

iambic [7:18 PM]
well, we all have our hobbies

suspensionbridge [7:18 PM]
lol

[7:19]
can i ask you a question that will seem loaded but isn't?

iambic [7:19 PM]
sure?

suspensionbridge [7:19 PM]
did/do you really just trust me because you know i wouldn't play wolf this clumsily?

iambic [7:20 PM]
I wouldn't describe it as "clumsily"

[7:20]
it's more that I don't think you could be so much of a genius to build an elaborate case for palmer, back away from it, kill your beloved trask, and then turn on surly on a dime

[7:20]
it's too erratic and elaborate

suspensionbridge [7:21 PM]
ahah that's fair

[7:21]
so, surly was the one who told me to post the soundcloud info

iambic [7:21 PM]
also, I "trust" you up to the point that surly is revealed as plumber

suspensionbridge [7:21 PM]
oh yeah

[7:21]
i dig

iambic [7:21 PM]
which I'm confident in, but still

suspensionbridge [7:21 PM]
but so i was talking to both trask and surly about the soundcloud stuff, and they were building the palmer case

iambic [7:22 PM]
like I said earlier, though, if he's good, I'd be more worried about your "seer" than you

suspensionbridge [7:22 PM]
and surly told me to post the soundcloud stuff

iambic [7:22 PM]
because at the level where you actually could mastermind this, fuck it

[7:22]
you win

suspensionbridge [7:22 PM]
and when i did trask was like NO NO WHY

[7:22]
haha i'm not that good yet

[7:22]
but yeah yesterday when i was like "i got confused, i wasn't supposed to post that yet"

[7:22]
it's because surly told me to, which i thought was the OK from trask

[7:23]
and it wasn't

[7:23]
the case against palmer was actually falling apart, lol, which i didn't know

iambic [7:23 PM]
yeah, you said you were listening to the wrong person

suspensionbridge [7:23 PM]
yup

[7:23]
i didn't realize it was the WRONG wrong person

[7:24]
surly was like "oh sorry!! i thought you were ready" and trask was like UH NO

iambic [7:24 PM]
I think surly being bad pretty much clears palmer beyond reasonable doubt

[7:24]
unreasonable doubt, though..

suspensionbridge [7:24 PM]
yeah i'm pretty positive on palmer now

[7:24]
and luke

iambic [7:24 PM]
I still have no read on Luke

suspensionbridge [7:24 PM]
so if i die, you can trust them

iambic [7:24 PM]
but he's been fair with me

suspensionbridge [7:24 PM]
he's always reserved

[7:25]
i'm not as sure on him as i was on trask just because he's so reserved, but i'm as sure as i can be

so, I was pretty prepared to trust palmer and Luke today, before they turned around and accused me.

you should have used me to lynch someone more low-key, and then killed me in the night. whoops!
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:06 am

iambic wrote:yes, they successfully seered surly, who pretty much no one had publicly suspected or voted for, followed by iambic, who literally no one had publicly suspected or voted for. damn fine intuition, if you ask me!


yeah. I had surly at the top of my suspect list, but they scanned him independently and came to me when they saw the wolves lynching me. I hooked them up with bread, who I correctly diagnosed as a villager with tunnel vision on me. everyone's smart judgment here among the three of us turned the game around.

and as for iambic, well I strongly pushed to scan you.
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:10 am

remember when bread announced, out of nowhere, "surly's evil," and 10 minutes later, after talking to her, I threw in the second overall vote for him?

here's what happened in those 10 minutes:

iambic [11:11 AM]
you there?

suspensionbridge [11:11 AM]
yeah

iambic [11:11 AM]
this surly thing is brand new?

suspensionbridge [11:11 AM]
not brand brand new but just verified

iambic [11:11 AM]
as in, you're representing having info from a special?

suspensionbridge [11:11 AM]
oh, yes

iambic [11:12 AM]
how certain are you?

[11:12]
because given he's pushed for palmer pretty hard

suspensionbridge [11:12 AM]
i know

iambic [11:12 AM]
that would suggest palmer is innocent

suspensionbridge [11:12 AM]
yes

iambic [11:12 AM]
unless it's a sacrifice play

suspensionbridge [11:12 AM]
i believe palmer is innocent and so does the seer

[11:12]
i can't tell you how the information is corroborated but i am at least certain on surly

[11:12]
and fairly certain on palmer

iambic [11:12 AM]
did the seer contact you directly or through anonymous channels?

suspensionbridge [11:13 AM]
directly

iambic [11:13 AM]
and you can't tell me how it's corroborated?

suspensionbridge [11:13 AM]
not without endangering someone

iambic [11:13 AM]
I'm not sceptical of you, because I don't think you being a wolf makes any sense so far

suspensionbridge [11:14 AM]
i am certain that surly is a wolf

[11:14]
i am 100% certain that surly is a wolf

[11:14]
i am more certain that surly is a wolf than i was that trask was good

iambic [11:14 AM]
right now, that's good enough for a vote switch from me

suspensionbridge [11:14 AM]
i cannot tell you why i'm so certain but you're not an idiot

iambic [11:14 AM]
obviously a lot depends on how this turns out

suspensionbridge [11:15 AM]
yes

iambic [11:15 AM]
but it seems a surer shot than palmer

suspensionbridge [11:15 AM]
kill me tomorrow if i'm wrong

iambic [11:15 AM]
I'd prefer to kill whoever you're talking to

[11:15]
again: pretty confident in your goodness

[11:15]
although if you're wrong about surly, I'd probably go straight back on palmer

[11:16]
how did it even get to this except for palmer being a crazy person early on

suspensionbridge [11:18 AM]
he is a crazy person

[11:18]
and that's about it


maybe you're not so crazy, palmer! although asking people to believe that I threw my plumber friend surly under the bus in <10 minutes flat when there was no momentum for him yet might be a stretch too far, even for you.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 am

palmer eldritch wrote:
iambic wrote:yes, they successfully seered surly, who pretty much no one had publicly suspected or voted for, followed by iambic, who literally no one had publicly suspected or voted for. damn fine intuition, if you ask me!


yeah. I had surly at the top of my suspect list, but they scanned him independently and came to me when they saw the wolves lynching me. I hooked them up with bread, who I correctly diagnosed as a villager with tunnel vision on me. everyone's smart judgment here among the three of us turned the game around.

and as for iambic, well I strongly pushed to scan you.

it's pretty easy to diagnose villagers when you're a wolf! in fact, it's more suspicious that you didn't think bread was wolf-y at the point where she was supposedly fabricating soundcloud listens to kill you. "hmm, she's making things up to present a case to subpoena me. she must be good!"

at the very point in the game where (almost) everyone was on you, and you pulled through only because luke pumped the brakes in private, you expect us to believe the seer "independently" seered surly and then trusted you, of all people, with the info.

your story is a tattered thing, full of holes.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:16 am

I don't know whether to applaud the boldness of this or despair.

can you people at least kill efreet over me so I can taunt palmer publicly all day tomorrow. ghost chat won't be as good.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:16 am

Trask didn't trust Luke (and Casimir???) in his death tape, for what it's worth.

I know that's kinda got lost in the shuffle the last day or so and maybe it's nothing after all. But I've not been able to fully forget about it.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8603
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 am

you know who else trask didn't trust? this one dude, palmer eldritch, I think his name is? I think laserblast also noted he was a menace. and bread also wanted to kill him? also a lot of you voted for him, but then Luke told trask/bread to back off.

use your heads, Watergate denizens.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 am

I did rescind my vote for you, Iambic, for the record. LOG POSTING probably kept people from seeing it but it's on the last page.

Probably an empty/sentimental gesture, I don't think it's going to make a difference, but we know how I am about those things :)
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8603
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 am

suspensionbridge [12:54 PM]
I want to go back to the start and pretend I know nothing

[12:54]
That's what I did in Transylvania and papa John's

palmer_eldritch [12:54 PM]
do you think iambic is really good

[12:54]
he's smart enough to throw a wolf under the bus asap

suspensionbridge [12:54 PM]
I actually have no idea because idk why he's so sure of me

[12:55]
When even Luke thinks I could be a wolf

palmer_eldritch [12:55 PM]
yeah I couldn't figure out yesterday why he was so clear-headed about me

suspensionbridge [12:55 PM]
Well yesterday was because of me

[12:55]
He's been following me blindly

[12:55]
Hmm

palmer_eldritch [12:56 PM]
well he has made the case to me personally and to luke at least yesterday that I seemed like my villager self

[12:56]
cause he experienced it in rajada

suspensionbridge [12:56 PM]
Yeah that's a good argument

[12:56]
Although three different competent villagers thought you were evil

palmer_eldritch [12:56 PM]
but wolves love to be right about who's good

suspensionbridge [12:56 PM]
Yup

[12:57]
Wolves are always hesitant to say anything for certain unless it's that someone is good

palmer_eldritch [12:57 PM]
if there's another great player on the squad and we're sure it's not luke I'm worried about him

[12:57]
it could be surly, iambic, and two low profiles

suspensionbridge [12:57 PM]
Yeah

palmer_eldritch [12:57 PM]
or iambic could just be a smart villager here

[12:57]
it's on my mind tho

suspensionbridge [12:58 PM]
I mean yeah he could be

palmer_eldritch [12:58 PM]
god, blind trust though...

suspensionbridge [12:58 PM]
I'll look through my convos with him to see if there's any actual reason for him to trust me

[12:58]
Yup

palmer_eldritch [12:58 PM]
iambic hates not knowing things

suspensionbridge [12:58 PM]
Yup

palmer_eldritch [12:58 PM]
like HATES it


suspensionbridge [3:06 PM]
okay word

[3:06]
the more i think about iambic the more sus i think it is

palmer_eldritch [3:09 PM]
his play here reminds me so much of what he did in rajada 2 to luke when luke was under suspicion, though that was a different circumstance

[3:10]
it's a very smart thing to do as a wolf

[3:10]
it doesn't mean he is

[3:10]
but if there's someone on that squad that's high profile besides surly I bet on him

suspensionbridge [3:11 PM]
so he was asking me to explain why i trusted trask so much

[3:11]
like he didn't understand it

[3:11]
and hten he does it to me?

[3:11]
sorry i'm going through the conversationss

palmer_eldritch [3:11 PM]
I mean you guys have a good bond from playing in rajada 2

[3:11]
that could be why he jumps into the game and trusts you

[3:11]
but it doesn't feel right to me


palmer_eldritch [3:25 PM]
I'm thinking that iambic is the most critical scan here

[3:25]
clear that up

suspensionbridge [3:25 PM]
yeah i agree

palmer_eldritch [3:25 PM]
we can always kill TES, metersk, catullus

[3:25]
but I'd rather not kill iambic unless he's evil

suspensionbridge [3:25 PM]
i agree with that
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 am

if days zero through three didn't exist, I could understand accepting palmer's story here. but they do.

read the fucking thread.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 am

bread was asking for your backchannel (STEAM! lol) because we suspected you dude
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby VHB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:20 am

Oh good more logs.

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?p=5410959#p5410959

There's my retraction post, just to make sure people see it.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8603
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:22 am

maybe the simplest explanation is that bread and I nailed you because we are pretty good at werewolf
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:22 am

palmer eldritch wrote:bread was asking for your backchannel (STEAM! lol) because we suspected you dude

yes, I know someone "suspected" me and asked her to send them. that's why I sent them. I'll post them here, too, if people want. I have been 100% on the level with bread throughout this game about my feelings and suspicions. I'm sorry she put metagame trust ahead of the facts of this game.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:23 am

palmer eldritch wrote:maybe the simplest explanation is that bread and I nailed you because we are pretty good at werewolf

yes, you're so good at werewolf that you nearly got lynched on the first day and Luke (hey Luke, where are you hiding?) had to burn currency to pull you out.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 am

also, kudos on injecting the idea that I was "blindly" trusting her:

iambic [11:26 AM]
also, goes without saying

[11:26]
if surly is good

[11:26]
you're in deep shit

[11:26]
I don't see how you could be evil and pull this off

[11:26]
but if you are, whatever, you deserve this madness

suspensionbridge [11:27 AM]
oh i know

[11:27]
hahah

[11:27]
i am certain on surly


suspensionbridge [7:19 PM]
did/do you really just trust me because you know i wouldn't play wolf this clumsily?

iambic [7:20 PM]
I wouldn't describe it as "clumsily"

[7:20]
it's more that I don't think you could be so much of a genius to build an elaborate case for palmer, back away from it, kill your beloved trask, and then turn on surly on a dime

[7:20]
it's too erratic and elaborate

suspensionbridge [7:21 PM]
ahah that's fair

[7:21]
so, surly was the one who told me to post the soundcloud info

iambic [7:21 PM]
also, I "trust" you up to the point that surly is revealed as plumber

suspensionbridge [7:21 PM]
oh yeah

[7:21]
i dig


surly was our best lead given how erratic you had been and how certain bread was. that's why I jumped on it. I was vote #2 in the entire game for the only confirmed plumber.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:29 am

hey stakeout, buddy, the "I'm the jester, don't lynch me" act has been admirably sustained, but I miss your usual villager persona.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:30 am

uh huh. and stakeout in the previous game led the charge on a wolf that had been scanned to gain cred. this also happened with wolves and the fuckles scan in the faculty. it's a smart move.

you were so quick to jump on the scan and vote for surly because you knew he was a wolf, of course.
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 am

it would certainly have been a smarter move than what you're attempting right now
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby ecto » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 am

this game rules
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar
ecto
 
Posts: 27228
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 am

ecto wrote:this game rules


agree
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27170
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am

maybe palmer should stop leveraging insights from previous games and focus on this one, in which he is a lying-to-live plumber.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39719
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users