WW#20: Tinker, Tailor, Werewolf, Spy - WOLFPACK WINS

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby universe » Tue May 17, 2016 4:36 pm

VHB wrote:Now that the game is actually over I would be fascinated to get the full reveal on all the secret clues and mechanics and have the solution to the puzzle if you will

There weren't that many.

The Lincolnshire Pocher was ensconced in the Masons
Rasputin needed to be killed twice
The dossier provided additional game information: the role list, clues about Rasputin, the numbers station frequency, the secret society name, the Manchurian candidate ID, etc.
The case had items like the sniper rifle, the derringer, the Manchurian candidate trigger -- it could also give you radiation poisoning.

I had mechanics related to the Manchurian candidate and the honeypot that never came to fruition because they just didn't happen over the course of the game.

The Bureaucratic Nightmare never happened, unfortunately.
universe
dad

Postby universe » Tue May 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Catullus wrote:Does it count that I had a mental breakdown immediately prior and was intensive therapy during the duration?

Actually I've been worse off when I wasn't in intensive therapy...*coughThanatoscough*

No, I'm gonna take credit for healing you through the power of werewolf.
universe
dad

Postby Catullus » Tue May 17, 2016 4:39 pm

wendy bird wrote:Aw cat I'm sorry I didn't realize that was the post you were talking about. It wasn't even the late part that I liked so much, it was the out of nowhere vote for Duke and then telling Geoff he had a bad voting record

It wasn't out of nowhere. I wanted duke to post. I would have done the same if I was good, it's not a bad strategy in general to poke quiet players.

But yeah, any time I voted after cut off was because I was detained in therapy and that was the soonest I could post. Sometimes my phone would post immediately after uni closing :((((

But anyway, besides that I thought I didn't do a terrible job all things considered.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby VHB » Tue May 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Well I did TRY to trigger the honeypot mechanic but you didn't count my vote. :)

I thought I'd be a good trade at that point to both break that tie and confirm some information. Was looking forward to it a little :)
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby Geoff » Tue May 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Sorry for being a failure
Geoff
i like jazz

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue May 17, 2016 5:25 pm

I forgive you geoff
palmer eldritch

Postby fox » Tue May 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Still a great game.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby bigcat » Tue May 17, 2016 6:05 pm

i will always be stakeout's protege and number one fan

this is just part of our training regimen
bigcat

Postby Casimir » Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 pm

Thanks uni for putting this together, I had a lot of fun on it.

I especially enjoyed the insane parts of the game at the start with bread and the other ghosts clouding the field, as well as the deeper involvement of the items. Having to make the choice of A am I going to use it or pass it and then B having to solve the clue or being provided an item that you had some control over was much more enjoyable than in previous games I've played. Great time
Casimir

Postby fox » Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

big cat wrote:i will always be stakeout's protege and number one fan

this is just part of our training regimen

I should post some of our chat
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby universe » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

I had a lot of fun, thanks to everybody for playing and giving me a chance.

See you all in Tinker 2: Everyone's a Minion
universe
dad

Postby separator » Tue May 17, 2016 6:34 pm

:twisted:
separator

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks Universe And All The Players

[credits roll]

palmer eldritch

Postby black drum » Tue May 17, 2016 8:53 pm

I found this game hard and not that much fun because nobody seemed to know on the village side what the fuck was going on and I was a mere non-special Lepus that nobody really seemed to want to share anything with no matter what I tried to do or who I tried to engage with and then finally when I got the dossier and things were starting to get interesting and was starting to put it to use by pointing out that Narc couldn't be Sagittarius the game was fuckin' over. So yeah, being in the village sucked, I sucked, it wasn't that cool at all. Plus Stakeout was a real dick before we killed him, made me happy when he died even though he was on my team because he was really making it not fun at all.

So, thanks? I guess? I was really looking forward to playing and thought it was a good idea for a game and I hadn't played since WW#4 and thought it would have been a lot of fun. Interesting concept for a WW though universe, I hope you guys have fun when you do it again.
black drum
Maritime Lawyer

Postby Catullus » Tue May 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Duke I love you.

Village is a very public role. You havd to talk a lot in thread because people probably won't trust you enough to back channel. It's hard to do well, but it can be done. Bread and Luke and stakeout are good at village even if stake hates it and he can (is buy ilu <3) be a dick when he is.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Ampersand » Tue May 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Ampersand

Postby black drum » Tue May 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Trust me, I'm over it.
black drum
Maritime Lawyer

Postby regular ol' slokra » Wed May 18, 2016 8:31 am

i know i say this every time but it truly astonished me the way things played out this time around
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board Games