Who Farted? Werewolf #21 [Village Triumphant]

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby VHB » Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 am

WHO FARTED? HPN WEREWOLF #21

[Yes, I'm really doing this.]

Congratulations! After starting out with just a kickstarter and a dream, you and your internet message board buddies have pooled your resources and bought a parcel of land in the countryside upon which you have established a self-sufficient co-op compound! Now you can all quit your jobs and live off the land and repeatedly play Werewolf against each other until the day you die, at which point your children will be grown up and they can live off the land and repeatedly play Werewolf against each other until they die, and so on until the extinction of the species or the heat death of the universe, whichever comes first.

To celebrate the achievement, you all spent your last night on the grid dining out at a nearby Chipotle. You spent the night drinking, laughing, and recovering from acute cases of E-Coli poisoning. Nothing unexpected. A fun, if mundane, farewell to your old lives.

Unfortunately, a few among you had a rare, and previously undiagnosed, gastrointestinal disorder. The Chipotle dinner severely aggravated this condition and now some of you suffer from chronic bouts of flatulence. There is no relief. The smell has begun to permeate all your belongings. Your whole bedroom stinks of it. The need to get away from it has driven you mad and now, each night, you have taken to sneaking into other commune-members' rooms and farting on them just so you won't have to smell it each night. This disgusting and egregious breach of communal living etiquette is so offensive that those farted on leave the commune in protest and withdraw their share of the kickstarter fund. If this keeps happening the co-op will be unsustainable and the dream will be over. Thus, the other members of the commune must identify the farters first and expel them before they rip (hehehe) the commune apart.

THE RULES

It's a game of werewolf. You know the deal by now if you've played before. If you haven't, it's pretty simple. Two teams. Uninformed majority of villagers vs. informed minority of wolves (or mafiosi, or farters, as the roleplaying theme dictates), taking turns eliminating each other one by one during their respective game phase. Wolves attack directly at night, village attacks indirectly via democratic expulsion during the day, using their best intuition and guess work to make sure the expelled/lynched party is actually a wolf (while the wolves themselves attempt to blend in with the regular villagers and mislead them). A social game full of lying, wild accusations, and emotional blackmail of your friends and family. FUN!

We've done a lot of elaborate variations and added wrinkles to past games but this one is going to be very basic despite its goofy theme. Teams will consist of the following roles:

TEAM GOOD/THE COMMUNE

VILLAGER: Regular player. Using your intuition, amateur detective work, and plain ol' luck, you find the chronic farters and vote them out of your commune. Expendable individually but powerful in numbers.

11 YEAR OLD BOY [seer]: Thinks farts are funny. Very funny. You can usually find him cupping his hand over his armpit and squeezing his arm down to simulate a fart noise, and then laughing. Each night he will hear the fart attack, wake up, laugh at it, then investigate one other player's door, hoping to hear more farting and get his chuckles in.

[A seer. Submits one player name per night to the moderator and asks "Is _____ one of the farters?" You will receive a yes/no answer at the end of the phase, assuming you are not attacked/farted on yourself. You are powerful, but not infallible. Explained below.]

THE DUTCH OVEN [diseased]: Actually not grossed out by being farted on at night. He loves it. In theory, anyway. He just doesn't like like the particular people who happen to be farting on him. The Dutch Oven has no romantic interest in any of the farters and will spurn their amorous advance. Due to the incurable nature of the farters' affliction, The Dutch Oven was their last chance at finding love. If The Dutch Oven is farted on, he will politely leave the commune so as not to create an awkward unrequited love situation, and he cannot bring himself to kinkshame the farters by naming them to the commune [mechanical note: this means he has no "lookout" power and cannot identify the farters to the team, even though he "knows" them from an RP standpoint], but he will leave the commune after a single fart attack. His departure and rejection will so depress the farting wolves they will be unable to attack the following night, instead wallowing in self-pity and their own stink. Thus buying the commune a potentially valuable extra day.

The Dutch Oven will return a regular villager scan result to the seer, as he is 11 years old and (hopefully!) is too young to know what "dutch oven" means in this context.

TEAM EVIL/THE WOLVES/THE FARTERS

FARTER/WOLF: regular werewolf game baddie. Name one other player per night phase to the moderator as an attack target, that player is removed from the game. Attempt to pass as a regular villager during the day phase.

SILENT BUT DEADLY [godfather/good-ass werewolf mason]: A very special wolf whose flatulence is noiseless, and somehow extra foul smelling. Participates as a regular member of the wolf team but he, specifically, fools the seer. His farts cannot be heard, thus, if the 11 year old boy chooses to check him, he will return the same negative result as a regular villager. The village will have to use their intuition and observation to catch this guy. Unless...

SPECIAL ITEM: THE KETCHUP BOTTLE

Okay so the commune isn't completely self-contained yet. Look, sometimes you just want to have some french fries, and what are french fries without some ketchup? Unfortunately since your compound is (by design) far away from the nearest city, getting more ketchup is a pain in the ass. Thus, the one ketchup bottle on hand is almost empty. It wheezes and sputters as you, an ordinary member of the commune, try to squeeze that last bit of ketchup out. In the current crisis, this has dire consequences, as that ketchup bottle sounds remarkably like a bout of flatulence.

The Ketchup Bottle is passed anonymously (i.e. via the moderator) during day phases and possessed by players during night phases. Whoever holds the ketchup bottle will be framed by it, and return a positive result to the 11 year old boy seer. This includes the otherwise undetectable Silent But Deadly player. If the 11 year old boy seer receives it himself he will spend the night playing with it and laughing at the sound and be unable to submit a scan.

Players are not expressly forbidden from making public claims about having the bottle at a certain time or passing it to a certain player. How much of an advantage or disadvantage it is to talk about it is up to you.

The bottle CANNOT be held onto for a second consecutive night. It must be passed. You can, however, receive the bottle an indefinite number of times if you are "lucky" enough to do so.

The bottle will be randomly assigned to a player at the start of the game, and randomly re-assigned if a player should happen to die with it in their possession.

OTHER RULES:

As usual, using screenshots (especially of moderator correspondence) as evidence is banned.
Logs of slack conversations, real or fake, are inadmissible. You may talk to each other in slack all you want and paraphrase or claim so and so said whatever, you just can't attempt to "prove" it by pasting a log.
Anonymous emails are banned. And wouldn't really be helpful in this setup anyway.

To cast a "lynch" vote, use the following format/color code:

VHB Farted

Yes, we're using brown instead of red this time. Embrace the puerile theme.

You cannot retract votes. Once you've smelt it, you've dealt it.

Just kidding. Wanted to work that in. Retraction of a vote can be done as is traditional, by putting a name in green

vhb

vhb

Either of these will work, I'm not going to split hairs as long as I can clearly determine your intent. With retractions, anyway. Affirmative votes I'm going to insist be in brown instead of red because it's funny.

Final Rule: the theme of this game is meant to be too stupid and immature for anyone to take this too seriously. Have fun. Roleplaying a character is highly encouraged, especially since it helps make the heated accusations and arguing that is part of the game feel less personal.
Last edited by VHB on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 19 times in total.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 am

Aiming for 15-20 players, and starting next weekend.

Roster:

Philippe [DEAD]
Surly [DEAD]
Ankh [DEAD]
Kit Fox [DEAD]
Ampersand [DEAD]
Metersk [DEAD]
Stakeout [DEAD]
Adamtrask/Jean Bordrillyhard [DEAD]
Wendy/Bread/SuspensionBridge [DEAD]
Narc Blossom
lame sayings [DEAD]
DRAGONS [DEAD]
Catullus [DEAD]
Geoff [DEAD]
LordOfDiapers [DEAD]
Good Pups [DEAD]
The Emperor's Son

REMAINING ROLES:

1 Villagers/Commune Members
0 11 Year Old Boy/Seer
1 Dutch Oven/Diseased
Total 2

0 Farter-Wolves
0 Silent But Deadly
Total 0

NIGHT 1: Ankh [Seer/11 year old]
DAY 1: No One
NIGHT 2: Ampersand [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 2: No One
NIGHT 3: Good Pups [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 3: LordOfDiapers [Villager/Commune Member]
NIGHT 4: Lame Sayings [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 4: DRAGONS [Villager/Commune Member]
NIGHT 5: Surly [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 5: Philippe [Villager/Commune Member]
NIGHT 6: Wendy [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 6: No One
NIGHT 7: Geoff [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 7: Adam Trask [Silient But Deadly]
NIGHT 8: Stakeout [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 8: Metersk [Farter]
NIGHT 9: Catullus [Villager/Commune Member]
DAY 9: Kit Fox [Farter]

TES [Villager], Narc Blossom [Dutch Oven] Survive.
Last edited by VHB on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 30 times in total.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby surly » Sun May 22, 2016 10:24 am

i just farted
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby kit fox » Sun May 22, 2016 10:33 am

yes

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Ampersand » Sun May 22, 2016 10:41 am

In!

Ampersand

Postby milano boy » Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 am

in

milano boy

Postby adamtrask » Sun May 22, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm (holding one) in.
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.

adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby wendy » Sun May 22, 2016 2:03 pm

in

for the first time in werewolf history i've read the rules and roles prior to game start

wendy

Postby can't » Sun May 22, 2016 2:57 pm

vhb thanks for another game that is identical to my actual life. I'm down to fail miserably in this game if you'll have me.

can't

Postby VHB » Mon May 23, 2016 8:58 am

Just need a few more people

Also, if any of you are outside the US/Canada, let me know what time zone you're on so I can take that into account when deciding when the day/night phases are going to end.

VHB
VHS

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:24 am

okay i guess ill sign up and im obv australian time zone. im imaging this as a beavis and butthead world and im just daria.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

DRAGONS 666
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:28 am

eye roll

DRAGONS 666

Postby lame sayings » Mon May 23, 2016 10:25 am

i would be down for this if you don't mind a new guy
oh sadness rising like wild ducks

lame sayings

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:31 am

welcome to the most important fam on hpn

DRAGONS 666

Postby VHB » Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 am

lame sayings wrote:i would be down for this if you don't mind a new guy

New people are always welcome.

VHB
VHS

Postby lame sayings » Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 am

i'm totally susceptible to lies, so this should be fun!

lame sayings

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:08 am

DRAGONS 666

Postby lame sayings » Mon May 23, 2016 11:08 am

perfect!

lame sayings

Postby Catullus » Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 am

So down

I farted twice reading this.

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby wendy » Mon May 23, 2016 11:34 am

stakeout wrote:just remember no matter what bread says, bad or good, its a lie

this is almost never true!!!

wendy

Postby VHB » Mon May 23, 2016 12:04 pm

oh, Lame Sayings, you should join the hipinion slack team if you have not already done so. I'll probably be using that primarily for mod communication to players just in case/just because board PMs tend to go belly up at inopportune times.

Bread can you set him up for that?

VHB
VHS

Postby Geoff » Mon May 23, 2016 3:01 pm

since VHB is gracefully chairing, I just can't say no.

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby VHB » Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 am

One more bump for (at least) one more player. More are welcome but we can run with 15.

Then I'll leave another day or two for anyone to ask me clarifying questions and we'll get going on Thursday Night/Friday Morning with a mass board PM (if they're working :) ) to remind everyone it's Game On, then roles will go out (again, board PMs if I can, slack DMs if I must) and you can start farting on each other.

VHB
VHS

Postby lame sayings » Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 am

VHB wrote:oh, Lame Sayings, you should join the hipinion slack team if you have not already done so. I'll probably be using that primarily for mod communication to players just in case/just because board PMs tend to go belly up at inopportune times.

Bread can you set him up for that?

yeah, i need help with this. tried to message bread, but them PMs are down.

lame sayings

Postby wendy » Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 am

i sent an invite to the email address associated with your hpn account

wendy

Postby lame sayings » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 am

thanks, i am in and learning "the lifestyle"

lame sayings

Postby wendy » Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 am

oh i'll be out of town this weekend with friends! i'll have internet access but no phone service if we leave the house, so don't lynch me if i'm not around as much as usual

unless you think i'm evil, then, i mean, obviously you should lynch me

but if the only reason you think i'm evil is that i'm not around as much as usual for the first couple of days and then you lynch me and i'm good i'll definitely remember this forever

wendy

Postby milano boy » Tue May 24, 2016 11:00 am

wendy bird wrote:oh i'll be out of town this weekend with friends! i'll have internet access but no phone service if we leave the house, so don't lynch me if i'm not around as much as usual

unless you think i'm evil, then, i mean, obviously you should lynch me

but if the only reason you think i'm evil is that i'm not around as much as usual for the first couple of days and then you lynch me and i'm good i'll definitely remember this forever

stakeout wrote:just remember no matter what bread says, bad or good, its a lie

milano boy

Postby milano boy » Tue May 24, 2016 11:00 am

who in the world goes out of town for memorial day weekend?

milano boy

Postby lordofdiapers » Tue May 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Everyone?
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Next

Return to Board Games